It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Wide Quake Event...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Ok revised since the previous was closed... We know there is "logical" explanation but we are not 100 % this is the case THIS time. Could be (since apparently it has happend before)...but maybe this time it could be something more since it correlates to other mysterious things happening as of now (volcanos,sinkholes,quakes,solar storms). Isnt it odd its all happening at once? Yeah..I think so. Is it just a fluke with earth? Possibly..This is a thread IF it continues where we can express things we felt or if we have more or new information.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
No problem with me. The problem in the previous thread was that the explanation kept getting buried throughout the pages, and many members complained. From the outset of THIS thread, it is made clear that the discussion is about alternate explanations and implications, which is a completely different angle than the closed thread.

Carry on.

edit on 3-11-2010 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
aslwww.cr.usgs.gov...

Again as of 8:05am Wed Nov 3rd. Almost all states(I havent looked in other countries yet). It seems to be a little stronger than previously. If its possibly one deep quake again for the 3rd time, can you tell where it originated? I cant read these graphs when it comes to size/strength...If its a normal occurence for quakes to show globally then something is shifting underneath because these are alot of deep quakes.
edit on 3-11-2010 by innervision0730 because: Information I had was relevent

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by innervision0730
Ok revised since the previous was closed... We know there is "logical" explanation but we are not 100 % this is the case THIS time. Could be (since apparently it has happend before)...but maybe this time it could be something more since it correlates to other mysterious things happening as of now (volcanos,sinkholes,quakes,solar storms). Isnt it odd its all happening at once? Yeah..I think so. Is it just a fluke with earth? Possibly..This is a thread IF it continues where we can express things we felt or if we have more or new information.
Lets see earthquakes,sinkholes,ground splitting,rivers disappearing and reappearing,mining accidents,methane pockets,volcanoes erupting,solar storms,and probably left something out,to me it seems quite possible.I know there are enough intelligent people here on ats that can give us some idea if these natural occurrences are happening more often.I would love to hears some ideas from some of our more scientifically minded people.I for one think so,but this is not my area of expertise,.............anyway, I do find it fascinating.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Yeah I figured that. It's nice to make a fresh start anyways. It was getting out of hand

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Oh for GOODNESS sakes. Again? Really??!!

While I applaud anyone for seeking answers to something they do not understand, I think this whole thing has been explained away over and over and over and over again.

For one, I don't think most people understand what they are even looking at when they pull up these seismos. For example, you started this thread based on a large earthquake over in the phillipines and attribute it to an event in the United States because you failed to even look at a quake list.

Please take a look at THIS seismo. You can clearly see that this is where the quake originates from when you compare it to all of THESE; the graphs for the rest of the world.

Here is the most recent quake list for the world: USGS link

MAP 5.4 2010/11/03 14:10:26 2.601 126.330 70.9 MOLUCCA SEA
MAP 4.6 2010/11/03 12:09:46 -4.756 134.127 11.4 NEAR THE SOUTH COAST OF PAPUA, INDONESIA
MAP 6.0 2010/11/03 11:18:16 -4.614 134.040 14.8 NEAR THE SOUTH COAST OF PAPUA, INDONESIA
MAP 5.1 2010/11/03 11:04:01 -58.839 158.299 10.0 MACQUARIE ISLAND REGION
MAP 5.0 2010/11/03 10:45:23 -13.624 -76.017 34.8 NEAR THE COAST OF CENTRAL PERU
MAP 4.5 2010/11/03 09:09:55 -2.878 128.931 35.2 CERAM SEA, INDONESIA
MAP 2.9 2010/11/03 07:35:31 32.113 -115.117 32.3 BAJA CALIFORNIA, MEXICO
MAP 2.8 2010/11/03 05:28:16 19.105 -66.465 10.8 PUERTO RICO REGION
MAP 4.9 2010/11/03 05:11:34 -7.559 126.494 38.9 KEPULAUAN BARAT DAYA, INDONESIA
MAP 3.1 2010/11/03 04:54:24 19.147 -66.512 19.5 PUERTO RICO REGION
MAP 5.4 2010/11/03 03:01:51 -6.423 104.000 49.9 SOUTHWEST OF SUMATRA, INDONESIA
MAP 5.1 2010/11/03 02:51:27 40.439 26.278 9.6 WESTERN TURKEY
MAP 3.2 2010/11/03 02:41:01 19.128 -66.485 22.0 PUERTO RICO REGION
MAP 5.3 2010/11/03 00:56:56 43.718 20.624 10.0 SERBIA
MAP 3.1 2010/11/03 00:47:43 19.031 -66.529 70.0 PUERTO RICO REGION
MAP 3.4 2010/11/03 00:25:23 19.128 -66.477 21.0 PUERTO RICO REGION

I will let you figure it out. I really is quite fun once you know what to look for. First, look at the graphs from all over the world to determine where it originated from and the time. THEN look at the above list at the locations and times to figure out which one it is!

It's as easy as that. No world-wide event, no conspiracy just good 'ole science!!!
edit on 3-11-2010 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Have you tried to gather info on the 2 previous "deep quakes" to compare to the 3rd one? That would be a good idea, to see if we find some similarities in between them....u know, kindda like putting 2 and 2 together makes 4(for some people)........
Thanks for your time!

regards,

ringht_n_wrong
edit on 3-11-2010 by ringht_n_wrong because: removing quotes....

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
ok.. for yesterday, on the usgs map for the u.s., territories and mexico i counted 104 quakes.... registering 1.0 or higher.
so far today i count 58 in u.s.,territories and mexico. i don't know how unusual this is as i never check lower rated quakes... sooo....(generally only 3.0 or higher)
i count 31 worldwide yesterday, 2.5 or higher on the world map
today, so far, i count 16 on the world map.. with the strongest being in papua, indonesia at 6.0 at 14.8 km in depth... but, being as i'm no seismologist, and have no idea how to figure the "waves" i don't know if this one is the cause.. the deepest from today, so far, is a 5.4 in the molucca sea, registering 70.9 km deep.. but, i don't know if that's strong enough or deep enough to cause a global wave.. maybe someone should ask puterman..
as i said, i check every day, i but not generally for anything under a 3.0 on the u.s. map.. i have noticed the world maps having more and more, generally..
i'm gonna have to say, with it being this early.. we'll probably end up with 40-50 worldwide @2.5 or higher.. and about 110-115@ 1.0 or higher in the us.
i can promise, i'm keeping an eye on it...

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

OMG we know what your reason is we heard it like 20 times. READ the posts. This is about whats happening currently and to see if it correlates with other things going on right now. If you had read it I stated this is whats going on in the US and I havent looked at other countries yet. Im not a geologist just giving information on what im reading (from gov sites)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by innervision0730

I am not attacking you. I am only trying to show you that there is a MUCH bigger picture than the seismo in the states. That is a tiny peice of a MUCH bigger picture. It is impossible to understand what it is without looking at everything.

I realize what your thread is about, that is why I provided the links to help you figure it out.

I am not a closed-minded person. In fact, I have a great interest in the alternative method thread for predicting quakes. I am a frim believer in animals telling us when a quake is coming. I have had personal experience with some physical symptoms before large quakes. That is not what this is about though.

The fact that you have not looked at what has happened in the rest of the world in correlation to what you are seeing on the seismos in the states is the problem. EVERYTHING going on in the world is connected...especially when it comes to plate tectonics.

If you want to understand it, please go to the USGS site. There is a wealth of info there that explains how the different waves travel and get recorded, for starters. It is amazing stuff!!!

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by innervision0730
Ok revised since the previous was closed... We know there is "logical" explanation but we are not 100 % this is the case THIS time. Could be (since apparently it has happend before)...but maybe this time it could be something more since it correlates to other mysterious things happening as of now (volcanos,sinkholes,quakes,solar storms). Isnt it odd its all happening at once? Yeah..I think so. Is it just a fluke with earth? Possibly..This is a thread IF it continues where we can express things we felt or if we have more or new information. [/quote

Maybe this is the reason I woke up at 3A.M. for no reason this morning. Cuz as I opened my eyes my stomach felt a little bit weird like i had been shaken or rocked by something I just ignored it and remembered how i felt when i read about this. It doesnt seem very strange to me either as we have fault lines that can cause quakes and those quakes rupture other fault lines that cause a chain reaction of earthquakes. Or maybe it was the effects of california sliding into the ocean.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
So this morning China has an event 2 hours earlier, and everyone else came later. Kinda like yesterday. This time everyone is stronger than yesterday. I dont get what you people are getting at... It was an earthquake in China (for what we know) But it keeps happening and keeps showing globally. Whats wrong with discussing it? Yeah quakes are normal, no S**** what im trying to keep an eye on is why they are so deep and frequent on top of volcanoes on the verge of erupting. If you don't like the post then dont comment, simple as that. Im not trying to be rude, just wanting to keep an eye on it. Thats all. You guys are so frustrating I want to pull my hair out lol. By the way I appreciate your research and info.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
So as of 2:05pm Once again quake showing worldwide. If you looked at the previous surges you will see each time it increases in intesity. I wonder how long this is going to last? I havent felt anything here at all but a few places have been shookin up. I know they are normal but I cant help to think if china is up to something no good. Something underground..harmonics? I know thats out there, but its a possibility. So for now..Increased volcanic activity, icland brewing something,frequent global quakes in 2 days (Im sorry one quake shown globally) Only time will tell whats going to happen, if anything (hopefully not) i have a daughter to protect. Have you guys felt anything yet? I notice people feeling weird lately too..

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I have watched the quake lists and maps for over a decade now. I see nothing highly unusual there.

I see no correlation between the quakes or sinkholes either.

What I have noticed though, as I first became aware of sinkholes in 76 and followed any news stories or pictures I stumbled across on sinkholes - is that these new ones are so symetrical, round. The reasons for sinkholes vary and there was a round one caused by underground sewage lines that looks nearly identical to the calcite ones where no underground water or other causes are attributable. Just coincidence, and I love coincidences, but there are a lot of ROUND sinkhole coincidences going on. That makes me wonder.

But, the earthquakes are really fairly mild right now.
edit on 3/11/2010 by Trexter Ziam because: typo - sinkiholes

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Has anyone noticed the sun setting today? Through my research for the past few years, I've read that these seismic events are very possibly linked to a poleshift. After reading some of the previous thread and some of this one, I believe we are experiencing a poleshift. My wife and I were having coffee and looked at the sun set and noticed that the sun is not in its usual place, but more south of where we usually see it, a lot more south of where we usually see the sun go down. I realize that sun set changes some because of the season change, but this seems more drastic. Please correct me if I am wrong.

new topics

top topics

join