It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Land Emerges from Sea in Bali area 3/11/10- Speculation is that it's a volcanic cone ???

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by projectbluebeam
reply to post by RapturedNotBeamed

The local events are influenced by the global events. Even if it is caused by a magma-push, the magma push is caused by something else.. Even if it is caused by any other small geological event, that event is caused by a bigger one. The whole earth is going through a major change. One of the most important global events that is going on is Post glacial rebound. This will cause stronger and stronger hurricanes, earthquakes will intensify, vulcanoes will be more active, more and more sinkholes, tsunamis, seismic events, deep earthquakes, ...

NO IT WON'T! Okay, I'm quiet usually until it comes to misinformation. This is pure poppycock; what this gentleman has stated. Glacial Rebound doesn't have anything to do with weather patterns, the intensification of earthquakes by stabilization, sinkholes, tsunamis, or increased activity in volcanoes. This 'projectbluebeam' is mixing half truths with blatant lies and it's something I see on ATS all the time. This type of action needs to be held accountable to the poster.

Geologically, glacial rebound occurs in only a few places on earth; mostly Siberia, Canada, The Great Lakes Area, The Netherlands/Sweden/Finland, and Australia. Out of them, the ONLY one to have deep earthquakes is the Great Lakes Area. Also, as the area rises slowly due to the rebound function, the lakes shrink; one day in a few hundred thousand years, the lakes won't even be, but ponds. As for intensifying earthquakes and increasing volcanic activity, the truth is that as glacial rebound occurs, the pressure is released and earthquakes and volcanoes DECREASE in both scope, force, and magnitude. Tsunami's are ONLY created by two things; thrust-type fault lines like the one in Indonesia and the one off the Washington coast; which occur rarely, and landslides. Landslides being the most often cause of tsunami's.

Now, the broad statement of 'seismic events, deep earthquakes' sure, they occur due to glacial rebound (thats the only reason much of Texas receives earthquakes...but at the surface they rarely register higher than a 2.5 on the Richter scale.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Xterrain

I'm not a scientist or anything like that, but it just makes sense to me if land is rising or sinking on a massive scale in one part of the earth, it could have global consequences. I'm not disagreeing with you, just questioning. I'm certainly no expert. The whole subject of post-glacial rebound is intriguing though.

After rereading your statement, I see you addressed my question. My apologies.
edit on 4-11-2010 by Tippys Dad because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Tippys Dad

The term 'global effect' is subjective. Yes, glacial rebound causes global internal pressure to fall while other glaciers cause it to rise, but this action does not nearly reflect as much as force that the continents mere existence provide, and even beyond that, the rebound force isn't like a rubberband; it's rock...miles thick and it takes a long time to bounce back to it's original form, if ever. The only place glacial rebound takes is on continental shields...thus the deep earthquakes and not the shallow, more destructive ones.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Damn realitor lied to me!
They said, "Land is a great investment, they are not making anymore."

Fed BS by the establishment again!

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
As long as recorded history islands have risen and fell in the Pacific Ocean.

nwrota2010.blogspot.com...

There's a submarine volcano only 60 miles north of Guam rising out of the sea soon to form a new island...or join Rota and Guam together. It recently had a landslide on it's slope and lucky for us no tsunami killed anyone.

Wouldn't it be ironic if the United States spent $10 Billion making Guam a hyper SuperBase and in 10 years had to abandon it because NorthWest Rota smoked everyone out? We lost the military base in the Philippines because of a volcano. The Filipino's blame the United States for that eruption because DOD had a company drilling into the lava mound and were planning on tapping into it for geo thermal power.

Remember the USS San francisco...the nuclear submarine that recently slammed into a underwater mountain at full speed that wasn't supposed to be there? The Pacific is a very active place geologically.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xterrain

Originally posted by projectbluebeam
reply to post by RapturedNotBeamed

The local events are influenced by the global events. Even if it is caused by a magma-push, the magma push is caused by something else.. Even if it is caused by any other small geological event, that event is caused by a bigger one. The whole earth is going through a major change. One of the most important global events that is going on is Post glacial rebound. This will cause stronger and stronger hurricanes, earthquakes will intensify, vulcanoes will be more active, more and more sinkholes, tsunamis, seismic events, deep earthquakes, ...

NO IT WON'T! Okay, I'm quiet usually until it comes to misinformation. This is pure poppycock; what this gentleman has stated. Glacial Rebound doesn't have anything to do with weather patterns, the intensification of earthquakes by stabilization, sinkholes, tsunamis, or increased activity in volcanoes. This 'projectbluebeam' is mixing half truths with blatant lies and it's something I see on ATS all the time. This type of action needs to be held accountable to the poster.

Geologically, glacial rebound occurs in only a few places on earth; mostly Siberia, Canada, The Great Lakes Area, The Netherlands/Sweden/Finland, and Australia. Out of them, the ONLY one to have deep earthquakes is the Great Lakes Area. Also, as the area rises slowly due to the rebound function, the lakes shrink; one day in a few hundred thousand years, the lakes won't even be, but ponds. As for intensifying earthquakes and increasing volcanic activity, the truth is that as glacial rebound occurs, the pressure is released and earthquakes and volcanoes DECREASE in both scope, force, and magnitude. Tsunami's are ONLY created by two things; thrust-type fault lines like the one in Indonesia and the one off the Washington coast; which occur rarely, and landslides. Landslides being the most often cause of tsunami's.

Now, the broad statement of 'seismic events, deep earthquakes' sure, they occur due to glacial rebound (thats the only reason much of Texas receives earthquakes...but at the surface they rarely register higher than a 2.5 on the Richter scale.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Keep your head in the sand dude.... It was BEYOND the pilars of hercules, not right in front of it, and it wasn't written as fiction. It has been interpreted as fiction by those who can't admit that their paradigms are sorely lacking in foundation....

Jaden

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   

First of all you judge upon me. Secondly I even wonder wether you have read my first post. 3rd you commented on somthing that wasn't directed to you. 4rth You does't seem to know much about Post glacial rebound.
It DOES inderectly causes bigger hurricanes, earthquakes, sinkholes, ...

I'm not going into discussion with some1 who is ignorant and judges upon others. If you are interested, just research Post Glacial Rebound.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   

www.youtube.com.../u/22/ddk-T6KH7AU

www.youtube.com.../u/16/Y3YPOGYscvg

www.youtube.com.../search/3/C-QVxwdZKHw

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Ok, I'm not sure why the links didn't come through completely.

I'll try again:

Post glacial rebound expert number 1 talking:

www.youtube.com/user/believersunderground#p/u/22/ddk-T6KH7AU

www.youtube.com/user/believersunderground#p/u/16/Y3YPOGYscvg

www.youtube.com/user/believersunderground#p/search/4/C-QVxwdZKHw

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Pervius
Thanks for that info about the USS San Francisco colliding with a new underwater mountain, I could only find one mention of it in google news search.

The makeup of the Earth is always dynamic, and the powers-that-be don't want people to be too aware of that for some reason.

I wonder if I can lay claim to the new island in Bali...

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Are we sure this isn't just all the sludge from the BP oil spill

Just axin'

Becker

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Masterjaden

Please present verifiable proofs and the exact location of Atlantis and I'll reconsider? Thanks so much. I'll pull my head out of the sand now and then to check to see if you have proven this myth to be true.

Odd that an advanced technological civilization would leave no sign of itself in light of the fact we so easily find evidence of dinosaurs from many millions of years prior, don't you think? Convenient it has sunken into the earth and no real records of it exist other than a work that is thought to be fiction by most of the academic community. But then who cares about such things as real evidence or facts, when speculation and fabricated histories are so much more fun.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
It is the herald of Cthulu, the Impossible Dark One, rising from the depths to invoke the RITE OF APOCALYPSE for its master. Cthulu is coming soon, and his herald perhaps looks like my avatar, a tentacled monstrosity.

But really, hmmmm....

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
They've been saying the same thing about Hawaii since I was a kid. There is another island forming because of underwater volcanoes. I still haven't heard of it actually appearing yet.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Think Hawaii. Think Hot Spots. Think Geology. GOOGLE.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by Masterjaden

Odd that an advanced technological civilization would leave no sign of itself in light of the fact we so easily find evidence of dinosaurs from many millions of years prior, don't you think? Convenient it has sunken into the earth and no real records of it exist other than a work that is thought to be fiction by most of the academic community. But then who cares about such things as real evidence or facts, when speculation and fabricated histories are so much more fun.

1. Advanced technology (such as we have today) is usually the first evidence to disintegrate and degenerate over time. Plastics have a shelf life. Have you seen the History Channel show about the world and our cities AFTER humanity vanishes? It's very well done, and explains how even steel will rust away and concrete will crumble... and how most, if not all, traces of our cities would be hard to find, even after only several hundred years, let alone thousands. Plus, this show illustrates situations on dry ground, not involving ocean depths which would only further destroy, degenerate, scatter and hide all/most traces of an ancient, advanced civilization like Atlantis.

2. We find dinosaur FOSSILS because their bones had become *FOSSILIZED* --a process that essentially preserves the bones in stone.

3. It is not "convenient" that an ancient account by a well respected historian/theologian states that Atlantis was lost in a cataclysmic way. It is simply his account. His other works/accounts are well respected. Further, most of the "academic community" thought the city of Troy was fabrication, too. Why? Because Troy had not been discovered yet. Yet, when Troy was eventually discovered, they were proven wrong. Just because we haven't found something is not proof that it didn't/doesn't exist. Instead of bashing someone for having an open mind, perhaps open your mind. Open minds are the ones that make discoveries. Those who don't look for something "because it doesn't exist" will never really find it. Those who look with open minds, creativity and fresh ideas ---and hard work, sometimes strike paydirt. Atlantis is probably out there, just waiting to release her secrets.

4. Why the snide tone in your last sentence? Of course people want evidence. The City of Troy was not discovered by people with such attitudes. New sites are being discovered all the time, all around the world. Atlantis is a myth until someone discovers it. Troy was such a myth. Now, it is reality because people *searched* and *speculated.*

We really don't know if it existed or not. I tend to think it did, and *does.* I'm not out in the field trying to find it, because my profession doesn't allow me the time and resources to do so. I commend those who try to come up with new ideas about it, who speculate about its location(s), who conduct private research. Hats off to them. Like "amateur" astronomers who skygaze and capture and document more NEOs (Near-Earth Objects) than "professional" astronomers, all of the "amateur" researches out there who are looking into the subject of Atlantis may one day enjoy the fruits of their collective labors.

Remember, discoveries are made by inquisitive people who generally have open minds about seemingly "outlandish" ideas.

How all this applies to the thread? Well, if the story/myth of Atlantis is true, then it serves as evidence that civilizations can, and have, vanished in cataclysm. Were the Atlantians wise enough to recognize the signs (if any) that preceded their collapse? Were those signs in the form of volcanic activity from the sea floor? Maybe this area should be investigated?

edit on 4-11-2010 by GhostLancer because: typo

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I'm not expert but i would have though if there was any sort of volcano down there it would be on record?

Strange nonetheless.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by petar258
New continent will rise from waters of Pacific, and future humans will live there. These are words of Petar Dunov(Beinsa Duno) said 70-80 years ago.
What you see in Indonesia is only small part of creation of this continent.

sorry but indonesia is in the indian ocean

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
no sh!t sherlocks. Thats how islands are made, volcanoes and/or quakes that cause land to rise.

You all realize Hawaii is one giant volcano right? And that the largest mountain on the planet is Mauna Loa, also in Hawaii, which is an active volcano range.

<< 1  2    4 >>

join