It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Land Emerges from Sea in Bali area 3/11/10- Speculation is that it's a volcanic cone ???

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

thats pretty amazing wouldn't they be showing it on news around the world by now though?.. I haven't heard anything here yet and I'm from Australia

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Thanks for the history lesson, but I'm very aware of the Atlantis "myth". Notice how I used the word 'SUPPOSEDLY', as opposed to stating it as fact. No one really knows if it exsisted or not.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
It's MINE!

Seems that seismic activity has increased, and a few volcanoes are deciding that now's the time. Everyone's ready to hear that mother earth has decided to get "rid of the itch", ie, us!

Nope, not for a while. I assume that future generations will look at us for our overreactions much as some look at past peoples who panicked when egg whites formed a certain shape in a bowl of water or urine. Which, as it turns out, happens to be a better way to predict the weather these days, eh?

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Divine Strake

Darn it, I was going to claim the new land!

Whomever gets there first.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ceetee

Thanks for posting a working linkie! I had to leave and didn't know mine was broken 'til now!

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by badw0lf
Ahha. I knew all the soil and sediment from all those sink holes had to be going somewhere.

It's true, natural phenomenon!

It will be allll over soon..

*evil laugh*

That's completely wrong in so many ways. Sink holes involve the ground dropping into caverns of air or water because the ground below has been dissolved by erosion. Volcanic activity has to do with plate tectonics. As new ocean floor is created, the old is gradually subducted or pushed under a denser plate somewhere else in the world. These plates also rub against one another sideways. At these points, packets of magma are sometimes released. This creates volcanoes and, in the ocean, new volcanic islands. In the future, please educate yourself rather than dropping ridiculous opinions like that. Ignorance is contagious. Stop it.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

Deal, starting at noon on the 6th, we'll take of from FLA on homemade boats, first one there wins. This is of course there's no nuclear false flag event that day.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Revolution-2012
Well, this month sure looks promising.

I have no idea what to say about that, but it's certainly un-freaking-believable.

Everything month seems to look interesting these days... it's not a matter of if any longer (and it hasn't been) - it's a matter of when [as in which month the domino pieces start to fall].

And I agree, I would like to know more information about this myself; it seems very bizarre indeed for some random land to just pop out of the water like it has.

I haven't read the entire thread so if more information has been added I will come back and read re-post.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by berkeleygal

Originally posted by tarifa37
This happens all the time, did you know the Isle of white didn't exist before 1954.

what?

The Isle of Wight is a county and the largest island of England, located in the English Channel, 3–5 miles (5–8 km) off the south coast of the county of Hampshire, separated from the mainland by a strait called the Solent. The island is known for its natural beauty, its sailing based at the town of Cowes, and its resorts, which have been holiday destinations since Victorian times.

The Island has a rich history, including a brief status as an independent kingdom in the 15th century. Until 1995, in common with Jersey and Guernsey, the island had its own Governor - most notably Lord Mountbatten from 1969–1974, after which he became Lord Lieutenant until his assassination in 1979.

It was home to the poet Alfred Lord Tennyson, and to Queen Victoria, who built her much loved summer residence and final home Osborne House at East Cowes. The island's maritime and industrial history encompasses boat building, sail making, the manufacture of flying boats, the world's first hovercraft and the testing and development of Britain's space rockets. It is home to the Isle of Wight International Jazz Festival, Bestival and the recently-revived Isle of Wight Festival, which, in 1970, was the largest rock music event ever held.[2] The island has some exceptional wildlife and is one of the richest locations of dinosaur fossils in Europe.

Isle of Wight

en.wikipedia.org...

edit to add

I am assuming you misspelled that. If you mean another Isle of White please illuminate me.

edit on 3-11-2010 by berkeleygal because: (no reason given)

I was joking

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

Lately, whats been happening around the World seems like some Adventure game of some sort.... we are in it and things are going wrong.... or maybe right in some parts..... this mound could be for the benefit of our game or it could be for the worse....

we shall have to wait and see which path comes next.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Time for a geologist to come in

this link will help you understand how a Hotspot works and how it can creates new islands :
en.wikipedia.org...(geology)

You can also see this map showing the volcanic activity in Indonesia :
indahnesia.com...

So nothing big here or new to our planet, just something spectacular to see.

Funny stuff is that I've just made this lesson to my students last week and showed them some exemples of hotspot volcanoes.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   
This phenomenon is caused by "Post glacial rebound". Earth is going into a major change. Melted ice from the poles is causing massive amounts of water going into the Oceans. The pressure is pushing the ocean floors down and the land up. Expert number 1 of the world on "Post glacial rebound" has been talking about this on youtube for more then 2.5 years. He is giving an excellent overview on the earthchanges that are happening today. His theory is heavily backed up by proof you can check out yourselve.

In my opinion Post glacial rebound is a major factor here on earth influencing the majority of earthchanges on many levels. There are many influences from outer space that have an inpact on the earth. There are syncronic events. But the most inportant for us is to listen to our earth if you want to understand her.

link: www.youtube.com...

With Love, PJBB

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   
double post

edit on 4-11-2010 by Fedge because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Plato is well known for his sci-fi work right ?

I do believe that we are not the first humans on this planet. You seem to disagree. Although i cant prove it i m sure you cant disprove it.

edit on 4-11-2010 by Fedge because: typo

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
As interesting as this is, couldn't it just be from a normal volcanic eruption occuring underneath an old one? IE; pushing the old stuff up and into view. If it's true that it occurs in shallow waters, this doesn't seem like much of a stretch. There's a lot of geological havoc going on in that area.. why couldn't this just be a symptom of the other stuff going on?

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by RapturedNotBeamed

The local events are influenced by the global events. Even if it is caused by a magma-push, the magma push is caused by something else.. Even if it is caused by any other small geological event, that event is caused by a bigger one. The whole earth is going through a major change. One of the most important global events that is going on is Post glacial rebound. This will cause stronger and stronger hurricanes, earthquakes will intensify, vulcanoes will be more active, more and more sinkholes, tsunamis, seismic events, deep earthquakes, ...

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Watch out... when it fully rises it'll be a giant temple... and Cthuhlu is in there... Bad news man.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Solenki

Thank you for the most awesome link to the volcanoes in Indonesia
star for you! I've been looking for such a link for awhile.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by projectbluebeam

Heh, it's interesting to me how the world explains phenomenon the bible forecast a long time ago. I'll have to look into glacial rebound just to see what it's all about.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I swear, ya'll need to tag me as ya'lls resident geologist and message me when you think about posting something like this so I can explain what you may not be educated on.

The area of remote Bali, is a volcanic area. It's been that way since time began. The problem, I think, here, is that the article is in Bahasa-Indo, so google translator won't work all to well with it. What often occurs in the area down there is that volcano's which were once just underwater, can have massive eruptions overnight and build small islands quite quickly. So when fisherman who haven't fished that particular area in weeks arrive again, they are greeted with a new island that seems to have sprung up overnight, when in actuality, it may have taken a week or two to form whilst they were away.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...
((I know some of you will ask, but the reason for the floating sand, is that it is actually granules of pumice that have been ejected from the volcano. Pumice is a volcanic rock thats less dense than water, so it floats.))

This formation was only 1 Hectare, which is equivalent to 2.5 acres (rounded up), so this is 100% natural in it's formation, it has nothing to do with 'Atlantis', it's not mysterious in any way, it DOES have very close ties with the regions recent activity, however that particular region is almost always active, and lastly; replying to one of the posts on the front page:

A continent WILL NOT "form in the Pacific where future humans will live." Where do some of you get your information? LOL.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join