It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Land Emerges from Sea in Bali area 3/11/10- Speculation is that it's a volcanic cone ???

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Well this is a weird one. In the region of sea around Bali a strange shaped bit of land resembling a volcanic cone has quite suddenly emerged from the sea, today apprantly. I know nothing about Geology but wouldn't something rather major need to be going on deep down in the Earth to cause this mound to emerge ? And could it be connected to everything else going on over there at the moment ? The source article is in Indonesian, so you'll need to use google translate but here's a snippet from the commentary :

mounds that resembles a pile of rocks called the children of the mountain, is reported to arise in marine waters in the district of Jembrana, Bali.Some fisherman from the village of Pengambengan, Jembrana, Wednesday (11/03/2010) mentions, it appears the mysterious coral mound in the middle of the sea that separates the island of Java and Bali. They worry that the mound is the peak of the volcano.

The land is about a hectare in size it says and appeared in shallow marine waters. Even if it's not a volcano it's still very curious this has occured in the wake of all the other things going down over there.

source

edit on 3/11/10 by cosmicpixie because: forgot something

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Well, this month sure looks promising.

I have no idea what to say about that, but it's certainly un-freaking-believable.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
New continent will rise from waters of Pacific, and future humans will live there. These are words of Petar Dunov(Beinsa Duno) said 70-80 years ago.
What you see in Indonesia is only small part of creation of this continent.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Ahha. I knew all the soil and sediment from all those sink holes had to be going somewhere.

It's true, natural phenomenon!

It will be allll over soon..

*evil laugh*

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Here's one from 2007 in the Tonga Islands
www.snopes.com...

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
That reminds me of an HP Lovecraft story. If it had a giant, dead city, I would be worried. Cthulhu!

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Didn't the we bot predict something about new land masses emerging from the sea? I'm gonna go see if I can find it!

ETA: Here is the quote from ALTA report 3, Dec. 2009:

The data sets continue to point to [new lands] that will [emerge] over both 2010 and 2011. The aware observer will be able to note the [placement (relative to current latitude/longitude grid)] of the [new lands] such that inferences of future [earth plate alterations] may be made.

And here is a link to that site (the firsst place I found it):translated.by... -en/

Velly, velly intellesting, no?

edit on 11/3/10 by jennybee35 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/3/10 by jennybee35 because: Add info

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jennybee35

Jennybee-
Your link isn't working.

Op-
Interesting, Atlantis rising?

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
this is the link translated.by...

edit on 3-11-2010 by ceetee because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-11-2010 by ceetee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
What the heck???!!!

Well, I did the translation thing and I gotta tell ya, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense. It seems that this has risen in between two other volcanic islands, which I think is what the picture of of (the two islands, not the mound). Then it sounds as if they have given it a name, Point Deken....and that so far it has not been active, leading me to think that it has been there for awhile. It also went on to say that the locals have requested the government research it to make sure it isn't volcanic, again leading me to think it hasn't suddenly sprung up.

I have tried searching for another story but have been unable to find anything. I really am curious now if this did suddenly appear, because it would be one more indicator at how unstable that plate is. Amazing times right now...sure am glad I don't live there!!

Good find!

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

Is it Atlantis?

Pretty amazing and the link from Pauligirl

Here's one from 2007 in the Tonga Islands www.snopes.com...

AMAZING!

I still find it hard to believe.
Can this really happen?
edit on 3-11-2010 by rusethorcain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
If it's emerging around indonesia, it wouldn't be Atlantis. Atlantis was supposedly located in the Atlantic ocean. Lemuria, however, was supposed to be located in the Pacific ocean. If it is Lemuria reappearing, I hope it brings some artifacts with it!

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Well, volcanic islands can appear and disappear many times, this is something that geologists and volcanologists know very well. An good example of such phenomena is the Ferdinandea island, in the middle of the Mediterranean Sea between Sicily and Tunisia

"Ferdinandea lies in a volcanic area known as the "Campi Flegrei del Mar di Sicilia" (Phlegraean Fields of the Sea of Sicily), which lies between Sicily and Tunisia in the Mediterranean Sea. Many submarine volcanoes (seamounts) exist in the region, as well as some volcanic islands such as Pantelleria. Volcanic activity at Ferdinandea was first reported during the First Punic War, and the island has appeared and disappeared four or five times. Several eruptions have been reported since the 17th century."

Follow the link for further information:
en.academic.ru...

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

An article about a Volcano that popped up in a Farmers field in the 40's.

On the afternoon of February 20, 1943, Dionisio Pulido, a farmer in the Mexican state of Michoacán, was readying his fields for spring sowing when the ground nearby opened in a fissure about 150 fee long. "I then felt a thunder," he recalled later, "the trees trembled, and is was then I saw how, in the hole, the ground swelled and raised it self 2 or 21/2 meters high, and a kind of smoke or fine dust–gray, like ashes–began to rise, with a hiss or whistle, loud and continuous; and there was a smell of sulphur. I then became greatly frightened and tried to help unyoke one of the ox teams."
Virtually under the farmer's feet, a volcano was being born. Pulido and the handful of other witnesses fled. By the next morning, when he returned, the cone had grown to a height of 30 feet and was "hurling out rocks with great violence." During the day, the come grew another 120 feet. That night, incandescent bombs blew more than 1,000 feet up into the darkness, and a slaglike mass of lava rolled over Pulido's cornfields.

A cinder cone forming on on Volcanic islands is not really odd at all.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by casijones

Atlantis is from a fictional account by Plato. It lies in front of the Pillars of Hercules and does not exist. The other stuff is just more myths invented out of thin air. It is interesting how a work of fiction that old can still be firing up peoples imaginations, but it's not good when myth and reality join.

I guess somebody got it in their heads that Atlantis was real and when they found out it did not exist, they created the modern myth and it grew from there. Anyway, Plato gave it's location and it's not there, above or below water. It probably stemmed from seafarers tales. You know legends told on lonely days at sea to pass the time.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
It's a Stargate rising up getting to receive The One when he's over there in a couple of days......

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Personally I think this is a result of the deep earthquake we just had. Think I saw a thread on it here on ATS.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
there is a special alignment taking place in this calendar year, The Earth is preparing herself for this, and it will be beautiful, even if we all die.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
This happens all the time, did you know the Isle of white didn't exist before 1954.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37
This happens all the time, did you know the Isle of white didn't exist before 1954.

what?

The Isle of Wight is a county and the largest island of England, located in the English Channel, 3–5 miles (5–8 km) off the south coast of the county of Hampshire, separated from the mainland by a strait called the Solent. The island is known for its natural beauty, its sailing based at the town of Cowes, and its resorts, which have been holiday destinations since Victorian times.

The Island has a rich history, including a brief status as an independent kingdom in the 15th century. Until 1995, in common with Jersey and Guernsey, the island had its own Governor - most notably Lord Mountbatten from 1969–1974, after which he became Lord Lieutenant until his assassination in 1979.

It was home to the poet Alfred Lord Tennyson, and to Queen Victoria, who built her much loved summer residence and final home Osborne House at East Cowes. The island's maritime and industrial history encompasses boat building, sail making, the manufacture of flying boats, the world's first hovercraft and the testing and development of Britain's space rockets. It is home to the Isle of Wight International Jazz Festival, Bestival and the recently-revived Isle of Wight Festival, which, in 1970, was the largest rock music event ever held.[2] The island has some exceptional wildlife and is one of the richest locations of dinosaur fossils in Europe.

Isle of Wight

en.wikipedia.org...

edit to add

I am assuming you misspelled that. If you mean another Isle of White please illuminate me.

edit on 3-11-2010 by berkeleygal because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join