It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Glowing Orbs?!?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
When I was a little kid, I saw something very strange. And while I believe that there is more to this world than meets the eye, I also think that all of it can be explained by science eventually. Pretty much, I think there is a logical explanation for everything, so what in tarnation where 15 or so golf ball sized bright, blue-white orbs doing outside of my bedroom window when I was around 7 years old?

It didn't start with 15, at first there were 2 or 3, and they were way high up in the sky. They looked so much like aerial searchlights, that I nearly crashed my car years later when I saw some spotlights up in the sky while driving home one night. The only reason I noticed the lights outside was because it was overcast that night, so you couldn't see the stars or moon. At first I thought one of them might have been a full moon, but then I noticed it was moving, so I went up to the window and pulled back my blinds to see what was going on.

They were moving around in wide elliptical patterns, so I wondered if they might have been helicopters searching for something, until I noticed they were getting closer to my bedroom. At that point I was scared and ran back to my bed. I looked away from my window until curiosity came over me and I couldn't help but see if they were still there.Instead of the colorless lights they had looked like up in the sky, they were tiny orbs "dancing" around my window, going in and out of view. They weren't moving very quickly - lazy would be a better descriptor - and sometimes they'd all leave my field of vision while making their wide paths. My first thought was that maybe they were angels, but it seemed really strange to me that a bunch of angles would look so odd.

Over time their movements grew faster and more angular - they would suddenly shift direction and jolt around in ways that seemed impossible for how fast they were moving. Also, more and more of them seemed to be gathering at my window. The newer ones seemed to move more slowly at first, while the older ones were faster. At this point my little kid brain was wondering if they were aliens, and if it weren't for the fact that I was afraid waking my parents would upset them, I would have gone and asked them what was going on. However, I didn't believe in aliens, so then I was wondering if they were all some really weird, bright bugs.

None of them were ever completely still, they were always moving, even if it was really slowly. Sometimes it would look they might have had wings, but it was too hard to tell with how bright they were, that it was probably just my imagination.

The whole thing lasted most of the night. I fell asleep after a few hours, but whenever I woke up and looked at the window some of them would be there.

I don't think I've ever really told anyone about this, because it seems completely nuts to me. For years I was fine with thinking they were just some searchlights that I imagined or dreamed were close to my window, but the explanation really doesn't work. Especially since they were so bright that I could see most of my backyard, and I couldn't hear any helicopter.

While I looked at my bedroom window for days after the event, and occasionally for the next few months, I've never seen anything like it since. I haven't the slightest clue how to explain it, and I don't think it was dreaming, as I've never had such a strange dream. While ATS might seem like a weird place to look for people to give a scientific explanation for what I saw, I'd love to hear em. I don't know much about the paranormal, or aliens, or anything, so I wouldn't know whether or not other cases of stuff like this have happened.

I feel pretty silly actually considering that I've had a "paranormal experience", but I've gone through every logical explanation I can think of, and can't find any.

I tried to use online photo tools to make a picture of what each little orb thing sort of looked like, and this was the best I could do:

Just imagine its a lot whiter and brighter in the middle, and the outline wasn't always a uniform circle, as some parts would spike out more than others.
edit on 3-11-2010 by zelaar because: fixed image size

edit on 3-11-2010 by zelaar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Honestly, I still see those things... There are also other things I see, like little specks of black come into my vision then disappear in a second. They look almost holographic in nature. I think it is my retina that is messed up, because I know my brain is fine. But I have 20/20 vision, so who knows.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maddogkull
Honestly, I still see those things... There are also other things I see, like little specks of black come into my vision then disappear in a second. They look almost holographic in nature. I think it is my retina that is messed up, because I know my brain is fine. But I have 20/20 vision, so who knows.
The black specs you see that sometimes invade your vision are vitreal debris that float around inside your eye as leftovers from when your eyes were developing. Its pretty normal, and are often seen if you shake your head or do something else to cause them to float all over the inside of your eyes. Your retina isn't messed up.

new topics

join