It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are your thoughts on thoughts?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by godddd

God is the only thing that is not made of thought. This is why we can not know of god with the mind. Mind is in god (consciousness, awareness). Mind is an appearance within all that is.
You are always present, and it is always now. This moment, here, you are conscious(awake). Be conscious that you are here, now, look around, you are here.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

I am well awake, no need for you to talk about god to me, if that's your truth than that's fine.
But saying the problems are not real? just an imagination is something else..
Surely sir, one can see the problems are a reality, and for clarity i will not go into it deeply but approach the fact.
People are killed and tortured, people are left in ignorance, people are starving and this because of some ideology like money-economy or a god.
Furthermore there is the separated outlook, me opposed to you, me and you, we and they which brings conflict and therefore violence.
Although it isn't 'the real' beyond thought and words, it is a real living movement in life, it is the world we humans have created, the rotten society in wich we live.
And so some action has to take place, which is to observe it and learn from it, discipline means to learn, not like it is understood now meaning to disciplin someone to conform to patterns of our society or an believe.
But virtue is needed and should be understood, and also our responsibility, to our children, to each other, the earth and all living beings.
All the fuss about enlightenment or higher being or god is destroying us inside and taking us away from this problem that we have created and sustain, and it is just and means more separation, one who has ultimate knowledge opposed to the others who have not.
So another guru is born who is just an observer separated from the rest of mankind.

edit on 12-11-2010 by godddd because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by KrypticCriminal

We do not require thoughts but they are being fed to us by the elites and the reptilians behind them, these thoughts are creating the fake identities and fake world that we are caught up in, so a persons goal is to reach the ultimate state of thoughtlessness.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by vinay86

Very nicely put.
When this is realized, it is easy to give up thoughts. Like a dog chasing a stick, we chase thoughts. Be like the lion and turn around and look at the thrower.
edit on 12-11-2010 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Returning to the state of not knowing sounds very scary, also a lot has been invested in me and what i know!
Really though we are always in a state of not knowing, we just think we know. Thinking we know gives us security. Yet the only real security we have is that there is no security, there is no ground on which to stand.
We are so scared that we use everything and everybody to make us feel safe.
We believe everything the mind tells us and it is the minds job to warn us of dangers. The mind does a good job. But the mind is not the boss of you, if you don't realize this, you will suffer. This is normal (dual) thinking, this is what people do, think they are their mind and thoughts. This is why the arguments happen in the head, one thought says this and another one answers. Which one of those voices are right???
The real you, the boss say, has no voice, it is the silent witness of all things. All things, including everything, the world, the body and each of those voices you experience, can be simply watched from that still quiet space that you are.
Go to youtube and enter Tony parsons intro part 1.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by KrypticCriminal

I got a theory. I think thoughts might simply be a big bunch of highly developed, interacting action-reaction mechanisms of high complexity. Almost like instincts just on a different level. If you look at the animals there are the most primitive ones with very simple instincts: eat, sleep, reproduce, stay alive. As they get more complex so are they instincts: defend offsprings, fight for territory,etc. And somewhere along this road the first thought is born. Self awareness, sense of time, understanding death, abstract thinking. And at the end of this road, there is the human. Posessing all this in one mind. I can't back that up with any facts, but it's strange how it builds up to the ultimate mind, the human mind.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Although it is well spoken, specialy this part

'Returning to the state of not knowing sounds very scary, also a lot has been invested in me and what i know!
Really though we are always in a state of not knowing, we just think we know. Thinking we know gives us security. Yet the only real security we have is that there is no security, there is no ground on which to stand.'

it is to simple to just tell people they are in reality the silent witness without thought.
How can people realise if they only get an discription?
And who say's this description did not derive from thought? surely the mind will turn it into a consept and than people struggle how to live according to this consept
Nobody can be thaught indeed, but isn't this description teaching?
Also myself included, is there a way of ''not teaching, but' sharing the issue together, and that is very important because if one just convey's, it is or might not be understood.
Also there will be followers having an idea of what has been conveyed without really grasping the dept of it, what is involved in it.
To follow is to deny all this, because if i would follow Tony for example his words would be fake wisdom in me as it has come from outside of me and not from my inner perception, meaning the so called wisdom is just plain knowledge in me which i may or may not understand or having an idea of it according to which i try to live.
So that is why we really must go into it, into the problems that we face, sharing the issue together so we have an insight as we go along.
Without that we will not be able to fully understand.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by godddd

It is impossible to learn this. It is a knowing. The most intimate of knowing. I can not teach a blind person to understand red.
However, it can be spoken about, and instead of learning it, hear the message. Look and find out for yourself. Know thyself. Find the gaps between thought.
I`m sure Tony does have followers who don`t understand his message, but something must be resonating.
I didn`t learn this. This just happened and then i spent years trying to work out what had happened.
Amazingly, there are so, so many on you tube speaking about 'this'.
Hearing and speaking of 'this', is always a delight.
What it all boils down to is; which is preferable, suffering or peace.
When born into this world we are on a path of seeking, looking to find that which will complete us. Not realizing that we are already complete, we just never noticed. The society we live in, the religions, keep telling us we are not worthy. Make a promise, do not believe. Do not say i will be ok. Notice that you are always ok, in this moment everything is ok. Do not believe thoughts that say otherwise.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
That is good one...I think,...(there you go....)...that being able to think belongs to the soul. The brain and other parts of your body which are needed to express your thoughts are just the tools to communicate those thoughts.

So, you can ask yourself...what is and where does the soul come from....even....what is the purpose of the soul.

Imo the soul is evolved energy...like matter.

First there where basic particles which formed the ingredients of atoms and later into molecules and somehow much later into living organisms.

Because E=mc^2, energy the other side of the = , also can evolve into a more complex "structure". At a certain stage it able to be aware of itself and able to think like we humans do.

And it is my belief that (one of the) properties of this kind of energy is able to think and have conscious. Hell,....it is even able to take possesion of a physical body and make it able to have ,experiance and feel the sences of the dimension we live in.

The purpose of the excistance of the soul or why able to think......maybe a prank...or experiment from God? Maybe He felt lonely.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   

I prefer to call it understanding, because in essence it is the letting go of knowledge, being free from the past

As you stated in the other reply, being in a state of not knowing

And yes not only tony, many will because the crowd seeks answers which cannot be given, as you say it cannot be taught but comes from the inside out, meaning the understanding of oneself by having an insight.
For most of us it is the case that they are caught in knowledge.
Naturaly everyone prefers peace, but than the question arises what is peace?
We know peace as the time between battle's being fought.
If there was no war, would we know peace?

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by zatara

Soul could be the essence of life, and life means spirit in action.
So soul as inspiration means movement, we are inspired by something and go for whatever it is that inspires us.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by godddd

The peace which i talk about is peace of mind. When peace is felt, know, conflict is no more.
Responsibility, is really respond-ability. There is only ever this moment to respond to.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   

I know, but there is a society to which we have to conform, one cannot disconnect himself from it, or secure himself and not worry about the others.
We are the world, so it is strange to ignore the enormous suffering that is going on in the world.
We differ in the approach, my eyes are at whole movement corrupting and destroying, not just my own peace of mind but the whole.
Respond - ability means to bring clarity, and i feel it is our responsibility to do so.
After all if one sees and understands, one is able to respond adequately to the problem.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by godddd

Thought creates conflict, as it is dual, or more than two. It argues with itself, it tells itself off. It is a bully and a victim. All this inside one head. How can there be conflict if there is only one?
Thought creates stories about how things should be, how this should not be happening and how it will be better when.... Yet thought can't see, hear, touch or feel anything. Or even do anything. That's probably why it is so confused and angry.
Think hard enough, be clever and everything goes as planned, except it doesn't.

It is ok to watch the news and see all the suffering, as long as it is realized that this is streamed to the people to make them feel impotent, powerless. What can i do? Really there is nothing i can do. It is strange that we feel the need to suffer because we think someone, somewhere is suffering. If peace and joy is what i am, this is what i have to offer when i meet someone, who may or not be suffering.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I dont find it a healthy choice of 'self' to ignore there are other selves suffering.

I know that one person can not change the world...but at least reach out and find other selves that are trying to change the world.

We as 'self' can think many things...often our thoughts manifests from our unconscious desires and fears. You may not desire to face the ugliness in the world...you may fear that to face it takes away your own 'inner peace' you have created for your 'self'.

We must think outside of self....if we dont, this world will keep going to hell in hand basket.

People live for 'self'....nations live for 'self'...only true potential as a species and as a part of nature...our our conscious thoughts going to lead us in a collective uniting and solving of problems that can only be solved on a scale of a 'whole'. This is waaaaay beyond being a self with inner peace....this is about being a part of nature and nurturing the harmony it seeks to have (just as though you seek inner peace....so too does 'life' itself seek this amongst us).

Take a snap shot photo of humanity.....now...make yourself look at the photo. Inner peace can come from a 'knowing' that you are a part of it, claim to be what you are, now be a stepping stone for another human to face the photo. Just facing the truth....is a part of the journey. Getting another to face the truth...is another stepping stone in our collective 'being'.

You and I and we and all....are a part of a much larger self, called mankind. We, are all of, a planet, called the Earth. Remind another...what they are even if that is all you do.

Not only does the thoughts of self matter....but the thoughts of us as a collective consciousness matter. We are stuck in the stage of 'self' development when the world awaits its nurturers to 'become'.

Sorry...sometimes another side of me just 'pops' out at certain triggers.

Really....what is that inner peace of self...serving you? Even if its just to know...what you are...so IF the time comes that mankind beckons others to step up for unity, you can be there.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

Yes

I am sitting here translating my reply's and from others, there is a language barrier but i'll learn and get better on it.
Very happy with your reply, it states clearly the point i want to make.
Naturaly one person cannot change the world, but through dialog it is possible to reach out and share the problem together.
And it is not actively doing to effect change, ( i am not a politician or an organisation) but to open eyes or to awaken the true potential in us.
All we have now is a direction, thought gives us direction, either becoming or implementing a system or a goal to achieve so we evolve and evaluate.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Like i said, we differ

Life is not inside the head but a movement of which we are part.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
This thread is interesting. The different comments of the latter pages are like swirls and ebbs in the same stream of consciousness... or subconsciousness... or both.

Or maybe that's just my imagination.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Thought, if not properly understood, is the serpent tempting you away from the natural state of stillness.
To be of no-mind is to trust and have true faith.
Thought or mind, they are the same, is only ever one thought at a time.
Some are totally unaware of thoughts. When there is an awareness, it is usually seen to be very noisy. Most can't stop thinking, it is never silent.
Thought is a victim and a bully, relentless.
I will never be-able to make the thoughts stop. Because ' I ' is also a thought. But there is something seeing all thoughts appear. Everything appears in consciousness.
Thoughts are impressions pressed into you, stamp marks. Fed to you by the corrupt society, if you are on this site, you know there are a lot of untruths.
Looking for the truth? It will not be found in thought. Insights, inspiration are not the same as thoughts. Eureka moments happen spontaneously.
Thought is me and other than me. But me is here and now always. Yet it is very, very strongly believed that there is a there and then with some other make believe me there.
Thought is the master illusionist, a deceiver and hypnotist. Telling stories of better times, better places, we are sucked into the darkness of the mind.
When thought is seen for what it is, then the game is up. Thought then takes it's seat at the foot of the true master.

edit on 18-2-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Wait a second i'm just thinking bout it.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join