It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US man charged for wearing Halloween mask

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by BingeBob

1)no your correct we werent there. so we have to assume the peace officers used correct discretion and stopped him for what the stated charges were for, and that was "Wearing a mask". the simple fact that they used such an old obscure law suggests that an easier stop such as "prowling" was for whatever reason unwarranted.perhaps because he was not prowling. just because we were not there, does not give us the right to start guessing random crimes were being committed. and whats a criminal record got to do with him wearing a mask on halloween? absolutely nothing, unless you start assuming whatever you want, then i guess anything goes.

2) no, as i stated im only talking about the specific 3 gangs that i listed. the lumping all into one category was your own doing, and it speaks volumes about your character. im happy for the little course you took, but it appears to have been too vague (to put it mildly). what makes a group of people a gang? affiliation. which was the point to my post.

a police force is a gang. if i go obtain a uniform, badge, and gun, and declare that im a member of _______ city police department, does that make me a member? how do you think the real members would react?

it also seems they neglected to teach you that those dangerous "Wannabe's" are rarely welcomed and usually made an example of. Another factoid they seem to have missed, is prison and street politics are 2 completely separate things. Many a youth have had rude awakenings upon entering a prison they assumed they would be welcomed in, only to find that their particular clique is not supported. Again, i was specifically talking about the 3 gangs that i mentioned, as they are the ones all the "clout" is attributed to.

as a resident of one of the regional sets in question, i have very little say in the overall affiliation decisions, however i know enough to never ever ever claim membership, unless specifically expressed by the occupants of the organization.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   

no, im saying the law was originally aimed at white people. i doubt very much that the KKK had any black members.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I do not think this is really a white black issue in my mind this is profiling but not race profiling its gang profile and situational awareness on the part of the officers involved... had this been any other day of the year this would not have raised a single eyebrow.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by j4k312

i think they just couldn't find any other reason to arrest him.

unless you truly believe that this kid was on his way to a klan meeting...

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by RelentlessLurker

ok well im guessing you have never lived in the ghetto.. im glad they arrested him for that. he obviously was up to no good im sorry but i know for a fact when people do robberys sometimes the smart ones put a freaking mask on even when walking to the residence they are about to case / rob....commit various crimes... this guy is only 20 years old with all those past criminal activities .... they cant even list his juvinile record so he has done all that in 2 years get freaking real sometimes just sometimes i hate to say this but sometimes it is good to have laws like this .... now dont get me wrong if he was genuinely a braided haird cowboy with teardrops under his eyes and a huge record for his age and he just wanted some yummy candy then i would think this is a horrible thing to happen to him . but i highly doubt that to be the situation.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by RelentlessLurker

So youre happy with the police just investigating crimes not prevention...

Look, obviously there was more to this guy than just trick-or-treating. If the cops used a skill called PROFILING and saw that this one guy just didnt look right in the area he was in then great!

So are you in a gang or not?

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by j4k312

where i live and what everybody else in the world does is irrelevant. if there was any reason to believe a crime other than the kkk/mask ordinance was being committed they would have reacted accordingly. but alas, no such charges.

perhaps your just being a bit too judgmental. everything you stated is nothing more than a guess or assumption. if were going to take that route i can just as easily see him taking a little brother trick or treating and them just leaving out that little tidbit.perhaps he just used whatever was in his pocket as a mask rather than go to all the effort of getting a costume. would seem like a typical 20 year old way to get some free candy.

we do know that it was halloween and EVERYBODY had on a mask that night.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   

whats that got to do with the article?

are you trolling?

*facepalms*

edit on 3-11-2010 by RelentlessLurker because: westside 4chan foo *throws up ctrl+alt+del*

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by RelentlessLurker
reply to post by j4k312

perhaps your just being a bit too judgmental. everything you stated is nothing more than a guess or assumption. if were going to take that route i can just as easily see him taking a little brother trick or treating and them just leaving out that little tidbit.perhaps he just used whatever was in his pocket as a mask rather than go to all the effort of getting a costume. would seem like a typical 20 year old way to get some free candy.

we do know that it was halloween and EVERYBODY had on a mask that night.

What 20 year old goes trick or treating just so he can get some free candy?

Lets say there is a small chance that does happen, let me ask another question.

What 20 year old gang member goes trick or treating wearing his gang colors so that he can get some free candy?

Lets say there is an extemely small chance that does happen, let me ask one more question.

What gang member considers his colors a costume and uses it as such?

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Becoming

You nailed it!

To Relentless: It has everything to do with it. What is your point...in one sentence, what is your point?

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   

let me answer all of your questions. (they were already answered)

a gang member taking his little sibling trick or treating.
edit on 3-11-2010 by RelentlessLurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by BingeBob

To Relentless: It has everything to do with it. What is your point...in one sentence, what is your point?

reply to post by j4k312

theres nothing illegal about being a member of a gang, nor is it illegal to display a colored garment.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Was he doing those things?

Or was he prowling with a bandana over his face?

Wait...I think we may agree here but in different ways...First off, was this a halloween mask or was this just a red bandana?

I said earlier that it sounds like the cops didnt have anything real to get him on so they pulled out the old KKK law...dont like that. Then someone else posted that he had a criminal record and was known to be part of the bloods and that sounds like he was engaged in criminal activity.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Doesn't answer the last one chief.

Well I guess it does if you don't understand how gangs feel about their colors. But lets say he was taking his sibling trick or treating and was using his gang colors as a costume, no matter how stupid that arguement is.

Lets just say you are right. I have one more questions for you and then I am done.

1. Why was the little tyke not mentioned?

If the guy was taking his beloved sibling out trick or treating and was arrested then the child would have to be taken away and would be part of the story. Also the kid would make a great defense for the gang banger and this stupid "the hanky is a costume" story.

But no mention of a kid.

Your reasoning doesn't make sense to anyone except to you. Gang members do not have playtime with their colors. Its not something they use to play dress up with. It is a serious part of who they are. So serious that people die every day depending if they wear red or blue and you think this guy was playing dress up?

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   

as stated before, i was not there, nor was anybody else in this thread there.

what your doing is jumping to conclusions, and now your asking me to jump to them for you. speculation and guesses get us nowhere. that is simply one scenario of many. the point being he was not doing anything illegal until they pulled the mask law on him. yet its clear that was not the real issue as he was the only one arrested for wearing a mask on halloween night.

and to be honest it doesnt matter how stupid his alleby is, he could say he was an ambassador to earth meeting with the galactic federation of light, and that was his ceremonial magic friendship face rag for all i care. if he isnt doing anything wrong leave him, his record, personal life, possible affiliations, all the hell alone.

let me ask you a few, chief...

is the threads title "US man arrested for wearing halloween mask"

or is the threads title "Man arrested for prowling around being a gangbanger"?

edit on 3-11-2010 by RelentlessLurker because: spelleringz

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

what you just said really makes you sound stupid. You have no legal right to fire a shotgun through your door at somone knocking on it because you 'feel" threatened.

i can only pray for the sake of everyone who loves you that you are not this ignorant and this is all sarcasm.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
This is somewhat ridiculous,isn't it ? No one should be charged for wearing a mask.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join