It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do I always sneeze after I eat?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Every time! Since I was in my early teens. I sneeze many times after I eat. I need to know why I always sneeze after I eat. It's strange.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Too much pepper??

vvV

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
maybe you eat too fast?

i sneeeze so much i swear ima die sneezing. looking forward to it...

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Well, you're not alone. My mother always sneezes three or four times after eating, no matter what it is, and we've always wondered what caused it.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by MissSmartypants

That's it! Confusing isn't it! I wonder why this is happening to me and your mother. Conspiracy? I need to know more about this!

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   

apparently it is called 'gustatory rhinitis'
rhinitis

seems common.

if you are lucky and in cali, it may be 'on the list'
edit on 3-11-2010 by CitizenNum287119327 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Why, Youre eating and then looking at the sun. Boy howdy, stop looking at the sun, it's a mad sneeezer I tells ya, A mad sneezer!!

Try eating with your eyes closed.

I bet ya!

Or, stop smothering things in pepper, that oughta do it!!

/end bad 1930's voice...

we accept him we accept him, one of us, one of us, gooble gobble gooble gobble...

Oo

Oh no.. *Ahh Ahhh Ahhhh Achoooo*

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Food allergies

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
Every time! Since I was in my early teens. I sneeze many times after I eat. I need to know why I always sneeze after I eat. It's strange.
I always have to blow my nose after I eat,and don't have a clue as to why.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Have you tried putting the food in your mouth instead of up your nose?

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I tend to sneeze after eating dairy. It's a food intolerance in my case.

RC

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
You're probably dying... from not knowing how to use google.

A:

There are a couple of possible explanations. While we tend to think about sneezing as being caused by allergies or a cold, there are many other situations that can also cause us to sneeze. Some people sneeze when exposed to bright sunlight, while others sneeze when they pluck their eyebrows. We also sneeze when nerves in the mucous membranes of our nose are stimulated. The sneeze is our body's attempt to rid us of the cause of the irritation; it's a reflexive action beyond our control.

In your husband's case, sneezing can be related to food in two ways. The first is a condition called gustatory rhinitis, in which people sneeze, have a watery nose, or get congested after eating, Any food can trigger symptoms, though the most severe reaction is apparently caused by hot, spicy foods and alcohol. Many cold foods can also trigger a series of sneezes, which in the case of gustatory rhinitis is a neurogenic reflex mechanism (it originates in the nervous system).

Food-related sneezing can also be caused by eating large meals, as sneezing has been attributed to a distended stomach. I would recommend that your husband try to monitor his meals to see whether there are particular foods that cause him to sneeze. If there are, he can avoid them. If not, have him try eating smaller, more frequent meals. If those steps don't help, ask your doctor about medication. Nasal steroids and antihistamine nasal sprays can help with nonallergic rhinitis, either alone or in combination.

www.everydayhealth.com...
www.google.com...

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Are you on the David Bowie diet?

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

The who and the what diet?
What's a Davy Bowie? I was born on 1989.

top topics

join