It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Speaker of the House John Boehner??

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Last night we the people fired Nancy Pelosi.
She has until January to clean out her desk.

The chatter is that John Boehner will be the new Speaker of the House.
The good news .. he's a hockey fan ... Detroit Red Wing.
Other than that ... the guy sets my 'creepy meter' off.
He's so intense, and honestly kinda dark when he comes across.
I know .. I know .. that's not very scientific or objective.
I can't help it. He's kinda creepy.

He's from Ohio, right? Major pre-POTUS campaign grounds.
A 2016 POTUS run? I'm thinking it could happen.

Maybe I'll warm up to him. I dunno'.
He's better than Pelosi. (my beagle would be better than Pelosi)
But my initial thoughts .... creepy.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Oh great, Mr. Orange will be in charge? Can I paint a Hitler Mustache on him now and ask to see his birth certificate?

I just hope that he is too busy now to hit the tanning salon.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   
I like Boehner because he isn't tochy feely with his words. He is intense and right out there with it...that's the way I am and I like that with others.

No guess work, no wondering what he meant. Even when he is being diplomatic in his speech, the fire still comes out in his eyes....when he is upset, his words are controlled but his eyes shoot beams of fire.

He would have made a great western star opposite John Wayne.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

We'll find out soon enough, but yes, its likely that Boehner will be the next Speaker of the House. I like him. I think he'll be a strong leader for the conservative movement and one who won't back down from Obama and the Senate Democrats. He'll be a far, far better representative of all the people of this country than Nancy Pelosi ever thought about being.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Oh my.....the people of USA. You make me sad. Very, very sad. Full of hate and "meanings", no more universal love in the peoples. Aggressive and bad, they are all gone. No more time to change, to open, to love. The cold war of hate has begun, and the ride to the end is unstoppable. Why are you so naive, why?

The nation of USA is shocking, the kind of thinking is no longer intelligible for the European Peoples. NeoCons should bring you freedom? A tobacco industry lobbyist as commander of your nation will bring freedom?

Are you became Lemmings or what the...? What's next? Palin as President? I can smell sulfur.... I am very sad.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by vor78
He'll be a far, far better representative of all the people of this country than Nancy Pelosi ever thought about being.

Oh definately. No question.
And he'll be strong and will be able to get things done without the theatrics.
I'm just saying he's kinda' intense and it is a bit creepy to me.
Perhaps I'm just used to that FLAKE Pelosi being in.
Dunno'.
He'll be sitting pretty for a 2016 run. Perhaps 2012.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by cushycrux

I have absolutely no idea what your anti-American post means. Would you care to explain why America is full of hate because it gets rid of useless far-left baggage like Pelosi?

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

I have absolutely no idea what your anti-American post means. Would you care to explain why America is full of hate because it gets rid of useless far-left baggage like Pelosi?

So, to be pro democrats is anti american? Pure lovely logic...
This is exactly the logic that a healthy mind can't understand. All over Radicals - all over!

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   

You're misinterpreting the results. This election was no endorsement of the GOP, but a repudiation of the Democrats. High unemployment and a weak economy were the two primary factors, but the Democrats also made little attempt to be inclusive of those who didn't support them in '06 and '08 and, in fact, many Democrat representatives went out of their way to insult those opposition voters. You're not going to win many elections like that, especially in a country that leans a bit to the conservative side anyway.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   

So how are things in, Organia?

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Organia:
en.wikipedia.org...
and:
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 3-11-2010 by cushycrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
Oh great, Mr. Orange will be in charge? Can I paint a Hitler Mustache on him now and ask to see his birth certificate?

I just hope that he is too busy now to hit the tanning salon.

Now, that's funny stuff right there. He didn't win the presidency yet, but I'm sure he'd show you his BC if asked because he is proud of his heritage, upbringing and actually knows who his father is.

Now its time ask yourself how the Democrats managed to squander the Tri-Fecta that was handed to them on a silver platter. They blew it. They got Greedy, They ignored the people, They got Selfish, and they got lost by following a dead end course set by a buffoon in the White House. They all OD'd on Hype and Change especially Pelosi.

Now, Reid is going to be rather lonely man these days if he manages to stay in office long enough.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Now, Reid is going to be rather lonely man these days if he manages to stay in office long enough/

Oh that's right, Sharron Angle wants to use her "Second Amendment Remedies" and "take out Reid first" I almost forgot about that.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
reply to post by jibeho

Now, Reid is going to be rather lonely man these days if he manages to stay in office long enough/

Oh that's right, Sharron Angle wants to use her "Second Amendment Remedies" and "take out Reid first" I almost forgot about that.

Nice try on that one. I was actually referring to the reported cases of election fraud and potential for machine tampering in Nevada. Union leaders influencing votes, threats from Reid to the unions, handing out free food, and gift cards etc. etc. etc. I suppose they don't discuss those issues on Media Matters do they?

He won. If its fair and square so be it. I will be amused by watching him ratchet his rhetoric down to the actually level of sanity.

Cheers!! It was a good night in O-H-I-O!!

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I'm from Ohio, but I can't agree with you. To each his own I guess. And no, I don't think the Republicans are going to do any better a job then the Democrats did in the House. More Corporate Pandering to Big Companies and Big Banks, while WE THE PEOPLE try to find jobs.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Isn't John Boehner the same puppet for the elite corporate fat cats & their Lobbyists and the Wall Street Banksters who got America into this economical mess from Wall Street in the first place?

Apparently his biggest donors are the political action committees of lobbying firms, drug and cigarette makers, banks, health insurers, oil companies & military contractors.

To me he just looks like another poster boy for political corruption in Washington politics!

Isn't he the same guy that said he was going to do everything to raise the retirement age in the U.S to 70 year?

Isn't he the same guy that said that the Government (taxpayers) should pick up the bill for the BP oil spill?

Isn't he the same guy who is defending the criminal and fraudulent swindlers at Wall Street at all costs?

Bankers lobby against financial regulatory overhaul

If not for the sea of navy business suits and the hotel ballroom's chandeliers, the gathering Wednesday morning might have seemed more like a pep rally than a meeting of the American Bankers Association. But the 900 bankers were preparing to storm Capitol Hill, and they were getting revved up.

"Our job is to have an impact on the Hill. Are we going to have that impact?"

"Yeah!" the bankers shouted, as applause broke out.

"We need to shape what's in and what's out of any reform legislation," Michigan banker Art Johnson told his peers from every corner of the country. "All of us know what's at stake. It's really about our industry's future . . . We're not going to sit silently while we are blamed for problems that were caused by others."

And then came the blessing of a leading lawmaker. "You're all going to be lobbyists today," House Minority Leader John A. Boehner (R-Ohio), told the crowd. "I know that's a dirty word, but that's what you're doing." He told the bankers not to be afraid to stand up to members of Congress or "these little punk staffers," as he called them.

"Don't be bashful about who you are," he said. "Stand up for yourselves, for goodness sakes."

Lawrence Summers, a top economic adviser to President Obama, said Thursday in response to Boehner, that at "a time when industry has spent $1 million on lobbyists per member of Congress, at a moment when there are four lobbyists per member of the House and Senate working this issue, we at the administration do not believe that the prominent issue is allowing bankers to stand up for themselves."

Citigroup's head of government relations, Nicholas E. Calio, was the top legislative affairs aide to Presidents George H.W. Bush and George W. Bush. John F.W. Rogers, a former aide to James Baker, is now a top executive at Goldman Sachs, where he is "the maestro," said one lobbyist. Thomas R. Nides, a former top staffer for then-House Speaker Thomas Foley and later U.S. Trade Representative Mickey Kantor, holds a similar job as Rogers at Morgan Stanley.

www.washingtonpost.com...

White House economic adviser Larry Summers and other Democrats criticized remarks made by House Republican Leader John Boehner, who told hundreds of bankers at a conference to be tough when lobbying against reform on Capitol Hill.

"Don't let those little punk staffers take advantage of you and stand up for yourselves," Boehner said on Wednesday.

He told the group that even if the Senate produces a bill to tighten bank regulation in the next few weeks, it could take a year to merge it with a bill approved in December. That measure passed without a single Republican vote in support.

At a National Press Club event focused on the outlook for changes in financial regulation, the former Treasury secretary said the banking industry has spent about $1 million on lobbying per member of Congress in recent months, and has as many as four lobbyists per member working the issue.

www.reuters.com...

John Boehner Brings His Corporate Special Interest-Backed Agenda To Pennsylvania

Republican Candidates Shoud Reject Boehner’s Lobbyist-Led Agenda and Refuse to Attend Tonight’s Speech

Harrisburg, PA – Tonight, John Boehner will bring his corporate special interest-backed agenda to Pennsylvania and embrace Republican candidates who share his views. He will give a speech to the Pennsylvania Republican fall committee meeting and discuss his to put Social Security in the hands of Wall Street bankers, repeal Wall Street reform and give tax breaks to corporations that ship jobs overseas.

“John Boehner represents everything that is wrong with Washington. He got caught handing out tobacco company checks to his colleagues on the House floor and now he’s writing the Republican agenda with lobbyists and corporate special interest.”

“Boehner and the candidates he’s campaigning for in Pennsylvania have committed themselves to bringing back the failed Bush economic policies that nearly toppled our economy. Pennsylvanians need leaders in Washington who will fight for the middle class, not a bunch of Boehner-Republicans who will only represent the corporate special interests that are funding their campaigns. Republican candidates should reject Boeher’s brand of corporate special interest politics and refuse to attend tonight’s speech.”

NYT: Lobbyist Members Of Boehner’s Inner Circle Said Their Association With Boehner Translates Into Open Access To Him And His Staff. “While many lawmakers in each party have networks of donors, lobbyists and former aides who now represent corporate interests, Mr. Boehner’s ties seem especially deep. His clique of friends and current and former staff members even has a nickname on Capitol Hill, Boehner Land. The members of this inner circle said their association with Mr. Boehner translates into open access to him and his staff. … One lobbyist in the club – after lauding each staff member in Mr. Boehner’s office that he routinely calls to ask for help – ticked off the list of recent issues for which he had sought the lawmaker’s backing: combating fee increases for the oil industry, fighting a proposed cap on debit card fees, protecting tax breaks for hedge fund executives and opposing a cap on greenhouse gas emissions. Mr. Boehner’s office said these were positions he already agreed with.” [New York Times, 9/12/10]

www.politicspa.com...

Boehner must have been high from something in the tanning salon but he twittering away merrily today a letter to the editor Mike Pence wrote and managed to get the Indianapolis Star to print for him. Big surprise: Mike Pence opposes bailouts. He actually does. Pence was the only member of the Republican House leadership, in fact, who voted against the September 29 and October 3 no-strings-attached Wall Street bailouts that Bush shoved down their throats. And the biggest irony of all is that Boehner, of all people, is sucking up to Pence when it was Boehner who not only voted for the heinous bill twice but who strong-armed reluctant Republicans into going along with it and then delivering two dozen Republicans on October 3 to pass the bill after it had been defeated just a week earlier. Boehner certainly earned the $3,533,714 he's accepted from the Financial Sector

Boehner has been widely considered the most corrupt man in Washington, a favorite of the most insidious lobbyists and a bagman for corporate special interests eager to funnel legalistic bribes to Republican members of Congress willing to do their bidding, regardless of how badly it impacts their own constituents.

downwithtyranny.blogspot.com...

Rents Basement Apartment from Lobbyist

On February 8, 2006 the Washington Post reported that John Boehner rents a Capitol Hill basement apartment from a lobbyist whose clients lobby on issues that came before Boehner when he chaired the Education and Workforce Committee.

According to the Post, John Milne, the owner of the rented property, was hired by Fortis Health Plans to lobby on the Economic Security and Worker Assistance Act

Tom Edsall, the Post author, writes: "The relationship between Boehner, John D. Milne and Milne's wife, Debra R. Anderson, underscores how intertwined senior lawmakers have become with the lobbyists paid to influence legislation."

www.opencongress.org...

Not becuse it matters anymore, they are the same crap on both sides of the aisle anyway!

But I wouldn't be all jazzed up and expect any major changes to take place to the better since most of them are puppets to the same masters!

Good luck Anyway!
edit on 3-11-2010 by Chevalerous because: corrupt keyboard.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
This is like a child running from one abusive parent to the other, never realizing they could just run away from home and start fresh.
Does anyone remember all the fanfare and hope that came when Pelosi became Speaker?
Some folks were foolish enough to think things were going to change.
If they did it only went from bad to worse.

Neither party represents the people.
We're not even smart enough to know the real source of our problems.
We will deserve the misery that we get and I assure you all it is coming.
Karma is a bitch and she's moving to the US.
All our murder and manipulation is coming home to roost.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I was asked the other day what I thought of him.

I actually do not know.

I could think of a Texas Representative I would rather see as the leader.

Just saying.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlreadyGone
I like Boehner because he isn't tochy feely with his words.

Funny statement to read all while I am watching him cry like a little girl during his speech.

Question: Where is the TEA Party outrage? This man is a 26 year career politician. He is a hard line Neo-con who has been entrenched in Washington for decades. Where is the TEA Party now?

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by cushycrux
So, to be pro democrats is anti american? Pure lovely logic...
This is exactly the logic that a healthy mind can't understand. All over Radicals - all over!

Again .... your post made no sense.
What EXACTLY in your antiamerican post was 'pro-democratic'??
None of it made any connections ... to anything.
To use your word ... no logic.
To use your words ... 'Healthy minds' can't follow the thought process - or lack of thought process.
Can't make heads or tails of it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join