It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Year Old Girl Gives Birth!! What is the World Coming to?!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
The society we live in now, with reality TV, fast food that doesn't even decompose, and the general degradation of moral values. You're saying that's the best life you can give your children?

That life is a damn sight better than being pregnant aged 10. I know what i'd prefer. I know that life is not right either but its better than being sold for marriage and your virginity.

I understand what your saying but I hate the thought of people standing by and letting this happen.
edit on 3/11/2010 by jexmo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicEgg
Read, digest, understand that not everyone is like you.

MADRID – A Romanian Gypsy woman whose 10-year-old daughter just gave birth in Spain says she's delighted to have a new granddaughter and doesn't understand why the birth has shocked anyone — let alone become an international sensation.

What is shocking - or maybe not so much - is the hypocritical arrogance voiced by some on these pages. Do you think this never happened in your family's history? Not ever? Really?

With respect that is [to me] utter tripe!

I have drug addicts in my extended family. I have a member of my family who thinks it is acceptable to beat people up to within an inch of their lives to 'teach them a lesson' ... Does that [by your logic] mean I shouldn't find drug use / addiction abhorrent... or the abuse of a fellow human being abhorrent?

Am I a hypocritical arrogant person for not condoning the things my relatives past or present have done which I find wrong?

I don't quite follow your logic?

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Firstly you were contesting my point clearly because you just fancied an argument and my reply was a sarcastic agreement of what you were suggesting.

Secondly im not in the minority for my views here.

So the way you are looking at the situation that it has never been a shock that girls in their early teens have got pregnant? There has never been a time like that. We never moved on from medievil times and young girls have been exploited all that time so its not a shock anymore.

I even remember a ridiculously popular coronation street episode over here, not long ago where acharacter (played by tina o'brien) had a baby aged 13 in the show. There was public outcry, i was too young to understand the fuss at the time but they sure kicked up a stink about it.

Im getting bored of repeating myself. Go back and read the whole thread and you will find the answers you require there. I am not oing to argue for the sake of arguing.

I think it is morally wrong that a 10 year old child had to go through the ordeal of sex at her age, a nine month pregnancy all when she won't understand any of it properly.

I also think it is wrong that some people find it normal and fine in todays society. Clearly i am a dinosaur.

There have been threads on here of witch burning. Thats been happening for centuries, so should we just accpet that as well? Should we still hang people for being a theif. No we shouldn't because society has moved on a great deal. It might be ok in your eyes for a 10 year old to have sex but where im from, it just isn't the norm.

I am going to sit with my beautiful girlfriend now and stare into the eyes of my child and prey that she doesn't have a life anything like what you are suggesting is normal

edit on 3/11/2010 by jexmo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Has anyone bothered to point out that this is a SUN article?

If I'm not mistaken, isn't that a prominent UK tabloid rag?

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by jexmo

I know, and I do too. But that's the key. There are people there, next door to the operations, listening to crying children all night and not doing a dang thing.

You can't make everything good. You can't make everything right. Most things you can't change. You can spend a lifetime and a fortune trying to change this truth. In the end, it's just a distraction. We've been programed to think big, buy big, ect. Bigger is not always better friend even in ideology. You simply overlook all the little things that make life worth living.

Back a few years ago, our own relief trucks carrying food ran dry and had to advertise to the nation for help. We're giving aid to everyone in the world who needs it and our own trucks ran dry.

There is a hard to swallow moral in there. You have to take care of yourself before you can take care of another. We as a society are to that point. We want to build everyone else's society up while ours falls into disarray from neglect. It's against the core of our moral values. Every Christian looks up a role model who was the "Suffering Servant." We want to emulate that subconsciously the same way He did. The point we're missing is the scale in which it was done. He helped those he came in contact with. It's not possible on the scale in which we constantly charge ourselves with and we're only human.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
Has anyone bothered to point out that this is a SUN article?

If I'm not mistaken, isn't that a prominent UK tabloid rag?

Indeed... but the fact Roma sell their girls remains.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by PayMeh

You very frustratingly speak a lot of sense. Its frustrating because I want to argue my point but i realise we can't help everyone. We can't just give up however. I prefer looking after others than myself. It makes me feel worthy of being here. Ive just been brought up that way, always care for others and they will care for you in turn.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by PayMeh
reply to post by jexmo

So you're claiming ownership of all the children of the world? Pretty bold that you should know best. Does that mean you have failed this child?

The "world" is no one's moral jurisdiction. Sure, I get you're shocked by it. What worries me more and more these days is that the rhetoric has gone from "why I would never allow MY child to..." from the 50s to the "I'm NOT going to allow YOUR child to..." of today.

Your opinion is noted. Take care of your children the way you see fit, and stop this petition to lynch everyone involved in this Romanian family. They are wonderful people as a whole. A bit backwards and 50 years behind everyone else, but still good people.

Thanks for taking my voicing of opinion and point of a 'majority' matters perspective to twisting it into
"Im claiming ownership of all the children of the world...."I know best"...."Im lynching the people in this Romanian family".

Ive brought valid points...and its just a 'voice'...and it just so happens...the majority of the world is likely in agreement that this is not best for a 10 year old to have a boyfriend living in her home to where she can have sex with him.

Im not so much shocked that its happened....Im well aware of the differences of cultures and societies.

Im more shocked that the people in higher places keeps turning a blind eye to those that could become 'better'.

Im not saying 'to intervene and DO something'. But a voice....or better yet....many voices....can make someone think more critically in the future. Maybe from this reaction the world is giving this family or others that think like this family....will cause them to not let another boy move in when this new baby is 10. Maybe....just maybe...they will find a reason to allow the next child...be a kid for a while longer.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by jexmo

I think it is morally wrong....]

Jexmo my freind, were are all your morals coming from.... please get off our high horse and let people lead the lifes they do.... Take off the rose coloured spectacles... This is real.. its called life..

and again i ask you wat wud u do about this....

Abort the child?

Lock up the child for underage sex?

Lock up her underage parnter for underage sex?

Really i think you are one of these peeps that like to rage about stuff and not offer any solutions...
Try being a bit more adult about it.. Life is not perfect.. Lets make the best of it. When it goes a bit wrong lets
pick up the peices and make the best of it...

kx

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

reply to post by jexmo

Leo: My point was crudely put and expressed using extreme examples. I simply wished to point out that no culture has one singularly "right" way to live. The grandmothers reaction suggests that this is normal for their society and it works for them. Is it at odds with the majority of Western World thinking? Sure, but so are other issues and if we attack one, we wage war on them all.

jexmo: I was raised that way too. It took many years to come to that conclusion. Many attempts at trying to offer assistance has taught me through experience this clear truth. Most people are happy living the way they do. If you try and help someone who is not asking for it, they see no wrong in what they are doing and end up resenting you. You get far better results leading by example.

It is a far different story when you are "asked" for assistance. In this case, there is no such request. We can fight all the wrongs in the world until our dying breath and it won't do any good unless those we seek to help believe something is "wrong" in the first place. Until then, all we can do is lend a sympathetic shoulder to those who become victims of their own circumstances. The ability to change things is one that comes from within the society the issues directly affect.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
My first sexual experience was at 10. No I did not ask or want it, no I do not live in a third world country. Born and raised right here in the heartland of America and not in the back hills of Virginia either.

This happens.

Old men that cannot control themselves that lay prey to little girls.

Yes this happens.

It happens more than you realize.

Wake up and stop living in your Barbie and Ken Doll, Fox News reality.

Those of you with sons and daughters need to talk to them openly about sexual predators and sadly you must prepare them when they are young.

It is not fair a child is not allowed a childhood, but that is the way our current reality works.

I have bought a couple really good books, "My body Belongs to Me" and some other book for my nine year old grand daughter and told her that if anyone trys to look at or touch her private parts and makes her feel uncomfortable to tell. Tell a teacher, tell mama, tell grandma, tell someone anyone that will listen.

Now, when I was ten, I told, but nobody would believe me. No I wasn't a lying difficult kid, but the grownups in my life did not want to face a ugly reality.

Lastly, know who is watching your child/children, get to really know who your children come into contact with - although one of the predators was a orthodontist that like to cupple my budding breast frequently. When you take your kid to the dentist, doctor, ortho etc........stay in the room with them.

At 12 I even had a woman that lived next to my grandmother in Pensacola beach invite me over to her pool and show me how to french kiss.........I was 12 she was "old" maybe 50 or so?

Stuff like this is taboo and we aren't suppose to talk about it, but this happens and happens frequently.

Unless you drive your kid to school, pick them up right at 3:00 PM, take and stay home with them, investigate exactly who they play with and get to know their parents - there is a chance your kid will eventually be prey to these misguided souls, some of which are actually family members.

This happens a lot, don't kid yourself, even here in America.

In Afghanistan, it is common practice for older men to "adopt" a young boy for sexual pleasures.

This is our current reality.

While watching the movie, "Precious", my husband, who grew up in a sheltered environment, could not believe that something like that could happen in America..............it happens, everyday to many children, all over the world, including America.

Now, you wonder why we have so many screwed up adults, so many prisons, so much violence?

Currently, Hollywood is adding to this problem by having little girls swinging on poles, wearing outfits that should be worn by 20+ year olds and sitcoms where little girls are allowed to act like adults.

Children should be allowed to be children and parents should be watching their children and listening to them more closely.

Lastly, If your child happens to be really pretty or "budding early" really keep a close eye on them.

Sexual predators are out there and many appear "normal".

A person's first sexual experience imprints upon their psyche deeply, you need to make sure at least your child, when they have their first sexual experience, it is of their choosing.
edit on 3-11-2010 by ofhumandescent because: Spelling/grammar

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I can't imagine a 10 year old carrying a baby to term - shocked that she could even get pregnant. Where was the supervision of the parents - surely they have know she had a boyfriend which is fine but they have been blind to what was going on. How can a child raise a child? I hope she has a lot of help raising her baby - her childhood is over.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jexmo

A five year old had a baby - OMG unbelieveable. And they took a nude photo of her - as if she were in a freak show or something. Heart breaking!!

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

I f it could be solved as easy as myself coming up with solutions, we wouldn't have these problems my friend.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

I was genuiely reading the article with a dropped jaw. Its incredible but also horrible for that poor girl. She must have been so confused. Having to go through so much at such a young age. From what i can gather however, she was very well looked after, post birth by the doctor who studied her pregnancy.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

I had my first period at ten and was lucky I did not get pregnant - again as stated before, this was not of my choosing. I was a victim. Most 10 year olds are.

A ten year old sold or "married off" is wrong on so many levels..........no matter what the culture.

Maybe 3,000 years ago when the average person lived to 45 but now days anyone letting another person desecrate their child is warped.

And I don't care if it is the "culture". Than the UN or someone needs to step in.

It is a basic human right for everyone to be allowed to decide when, where and with whom you muck with.

Take care of your health, particularly if you have children. Stop drinking and smoking, lose weight, regulate your blood pressure and blood sugar.

Why?

Because a orphaned child is more vulnerable.

No one will protect your child like you do.

My problems all started when my mother died at 53, I was 10 and left orphaned.

I bring this up to try to enlightened people about how important they are to their children.

Once you are gone, if you have a heart attack, or get lung cancer (like my mother who smoked) and you die, if you leave a young child to fend for themselves, they are more likely to be taken advantage of.

Most people here on ATS come from a mommy and daddy household, most still have a parent alive as they approach middle age..............most do not realize how a child, once both of their parents are gone, if they are still young are really "easy prey".

Your children need you.

Take care of your health and keep a close eye out on who and where they go.

edit on 3-11-2010 by ofhumandescent because: Spelling, grammar & added another idea

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jexmo

Because I find your righteous moralising distasteful and misplaced, I must just be spoling for a fight? I was merely pointing out that in that girls culture, which is fairly backward as it's is from Romania, it is seen as acceptable to get married young. Never said it was right, but this is hardly "shocking" as it happens the world over, nor is it a case of "dirty old men" getting their hands on "pretty young girls".

I'll just remember to agree with you in future...

Secondly, I contested your view that this is a modern phenonema as you implied in the OP, which somehow you're now in agreement with. Strange that..

Yes, this might not be ideal, but this girls own mother finds all this attention surprising as in her home village in Romania, girls and boys get married young all the time. Different strokes, different folks...

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

CLAPS!!!! huzzah!!! xxx

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by jexmo

Different strokes, different folks...

I am in shock.

I suppose Ian Huntley falls into different folks different strokes?

What are you saying here?

That just because tradition and regime might condone actions then we should... what... turn a blind eye?

Seriously?

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Step on an Englishmans toes once and he will say "sorry". Step on a second time and he will say "Sorry" and move. Step on them a third time and you had better run like the wind!

why?

If someone WANTS to step on your toes and in their culture it's ok then why should 'they' run like the wind.

Seriously I am confused and filled with shame when reading some peoples reactions to this topic.

This isn't about how well this female will cope with parenting... This is about the abuse of minors by certain cultures for financial gains by parents..... all these appologists are making me shudder!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join