It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What current foreign leader do you like the most?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

It's probably vital for Western dictator-democracies to feel they are "free" by having extreme states like North Korea about.
You are free compared to what? Oh North Korea.
Without that comparison your people might question whether they are in any way free.
We wouldn't want that, so no matter how bad it gets, at least it's not North Korea.
So thank God (and the CIA) for North Korea.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

How are we more free than North Korea? I've heard they have no advertising. Surely a life without ads, junk mail. scams, infomercials, door to door salesmen, Indian telemarketers and that kind of thing is much more peaceful and less obstructionist to the human mind.

Without capitalism and insulated from the rest of the world. There would be no Ipad. No World of Warcraft. No Facebook. No real incentive to get a credit card and take out a home loan you'll spend the next 30 years paying off, if such things are even possible there.

I have to admit. I've no clue what human life is like without all that stuff. Without the constant need for materialism and keeping up with the Joneses. The next fad. Next years model.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by belial259

Good points on manufactured dictatorship.
To clarify however, I'm not saying that North Korea is better, or even a good place.
I'm just saying we need the ultimate bad place to reinforce our own sense of goodness.
Both places are manipulated in different ways, or rather, they are a dichotomy to manipulate the sheeple.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

Do you or anyone else see the world as Black and White. In other words do you see the world as Good and Evil? I don't! The reason I see the world in Human nature and the over all nature of the world.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Is dady showed him how to control a population, hes just a dude that got lucky cause his dady left him in charge.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
The President of Costa Rica

El Presidente !!

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Kim Jong Ill, simply because he is apparently a big Bond fan and thinks of himself as a kind of Bond Villian, he's a complete and utter Loon, with Nuclear weapons, still, he wouldn't be the first in that particular club :-)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   

As far as countries go it is hard to divide good from evil.
Americans say North Korea is evil, but people there believe the same about America.
Just like the Cold War, it is all just a show of confrontation to imprison us all.
It's mainly just a show.
Perhaps a bit like this fantastic Maori vs. Aboriginal dance before a rugby match:
www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by dukeofjive

Actually the first part is some true. He killed his father by calling off the doctors at his side and having the special North Korean doctors being flown in to late. Conspiracy? I say yes!

Source

On 8 July 1994, at age 82, Kim Il-sung collapsed from a sudden heart attack. After the heart attack, Kim Jong-il ordered the team of doctors who were constantly at his father's side to leave, and for the country's best doctors to be flown in from Pyongyang. After several hours, the doctors from Pyongyang arrived, and despite their best efforts to save him, Kim Il-sung died. After the traditional Confucian Mourning period, his death was declared thirty hours later

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
barrack obama

top topics

<< 1   >>

join