It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it possible that all religions are worshipping the same god?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   
I have actually contemplated this many times,
alot of things in different religions (not all of them ofcourse) seem to have similar teachings and events that are parallel to others. Ancient religions in paticular.
Surely people are missing the point by fighting over which religion is better, because im sure most of them have the same concept being to be closer with god/gods/goddesses, raising conciousness and living good prosperous lives.
Good post

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Generally religions share the same values,
(health of the family, social well being, etc.) difference
is the political agenda's that have a tendency in taking over.
Anything that is built on a pyramid scheme will eventually fail
this way, in greed, power or lust.
The concept of One Alpha Creator eliminates
other fallible contenders (pyramid hierarchies, empires and chaise systems)
We are meant to be nothing more than caretakers and stewards
to our other sibling creations which includes the planet earth.
If only, . . . then maybe we would see peace .

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Cataka

Maybe people that believe multiple gods, are only really worshipping different parts of one god in reality. That is what I think, if there is a god, then that is how I think it is. Same with the devil and god in the bible, both parts of the same thing.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

Maybe people that believe multiple gods, are only really worshipping different parts of one god in reality.

but, worshiping only a specific attribute of God alienates the whole
balance of things and changes the realm of the concept.
Hypothetically it would be as loving your partner for
only the money,car etc.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   
There is one who is all.

Any description of the one becomes a lie, because the one is beyond description.

But people keep trying, because we have an inbuilt need to love or fear the biggest daddy/mummy of all.

The Hebrews of old propagated the lie of other gods, as this gave them licence to kill those who believed in other religions. They spoke with two mouths, saying there was but one god, and saying people who worshipped other gods must be killed.

Now atheists look at the images of god created by man and say, "There is no god! This image is only a lump of clay!

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I think if there is a god/there are gods, they are beyond human comprehension. Most gods out there are described with human attributes, if that makes any sense.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
There is only one God, and that is the spark wich created the big bang... The real power wich created the cosmos . And that is the only God, or godlike power wich excist.

Al the god's in religion are man-made and only excist .... in our minds..

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
reply to post by Arrius

Well you need to study more. Christianity differs from Judaism and Islam. In Judaism and Islam the concept of God is not in human form. Which in Christianity Jesus is God. Hinduism is a difficult religion to explain as well.
Hindu Deites
G-D in Judaism
God in Islam
God in Islam at About
God in Christianty

Hello, where is Jesus described as God in any Biblical texts or theology from a reputable source? Son of God, Son of Man I'll take, but to say he is God is missing the point surely - part of the trinity but isn't God the father and Jesus the son? Could argue they are one and the same I suppose but (and I don't hold any direct belief, just interest in the study of religion) I wouldn't say that implies Jesus described in the New Testament is claiming or claimed to be God.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by something wicked

Jesus as part of God or a son of God goes against Jewish and Islamic teachings of God.
You agree with me?

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I personally like to think that most of the major religions we have today are pretty basically the same. At one point I even wanted to write a book about such a thing. One thing that I noticed was the blatant fact that all of these religions seemed to claim that we came from a 'paradise' (garden of eden for Christianity) and that we are all taught that we will return to 'paradise' if we follow the prescribed process outlined by whatever inspired writings that each group follows.

I have a problem with the bible though, it's hard to truly trust the words that were compiled and edited by men, the only person that's ever even claimed to be perfect was Jesus, and so I'm lead to believe that humans have been corrupt for a loooooooooooooonnnnnggggg time.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel

Jesus as part of God or a son of God goes against Jewish and Islamic teachings of God.
You agree with me?

ummmmmmm, to an extent. I agree that in Islamic teachings Jesus is a prophet on a par with Mohammed, the real Jewish texts are way before his (alleged) birth, so that is a matter of conjecture. I can't recall anything in the bible where Jesus actually said 'I am God' though which is why I'm a little cagey.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I have always understood all the different religions as leading/praying to the one God.

I don`t understand how they can`t see this, but then, we are all at different stages of consciousness/awakening.

So then I understand.
edit on 3-11-2010 by Maiden PEI because: For clarification.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Well another use on ATS believes Jesus to be God in Human form. The holy spirit, soul and body. In Islam Jesus is not a demi God or God but a beloved prophet and Messiah.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

I do believe that all religions are basically pointed to the same god. what i practice is whether you are pray to Jehovah or one of the 33000 of Hindu gods it is all heard by the same creator. different gods are just different aspects or personalities of the One.

peace

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

This idea about one god could be good and all, BUT, the God of the Bible clearly states His attributes, and names. Even some supposedly 'Christian' religions don't ascede to that. Nor do you. Read the Bible, and you will understand who God is, and how He is so different from 'religions'.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Gregarious

What God are you talking about? Hopefully not Jesus! Becuase Jesus is a pagan concept. sorry Christians! Your God is similar to other Pagan Gods. Now G-D in the Bible has no name. It's a title.
Names of G-D

You're right. In essence, G‑d has no name. He is infinite and can not be given any titles or description. You could say that by definition, He has no definition.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep
I theorize that although all religions call their god by a different name, they might all actually be the same god.

The one god theory is revelant predominately to islam, christian, hindu, and jew religions. There is of course many other religions that has got a plethoria of gods, but even those religions might all be worshipping the same god.

There is very many similarities in a wide variety of religions which leads me to believe that all religions is indeed worshipping the same god. Even though the religious practitioners might not be aware of it, and know "their" god as the only true god, i believe that unknowingly all religious systems are worshipping the same god.

Lets theorize that there was one god that created everything, then surely this one god also created all other gods?

Man decided to call their gods by different names, and generated different stories around their religion, but in the end there is only one.

I might of course be completely wrong, or are maybe misinterpreting information. Feel free to leave your views on this matter, and to correct me if you might think i am misguided.
Thanks

VvV

absolutely - I think the video zeitgeist compares religions and uses their similarities to say there is no god and what the story is all about is stars instead of god. However they skip the interpretation that the religions are similar b/c there is one god and over 100's of years the story has changed on each continent. (the god story is actually about alien visits but thats a different thread)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
When it comes down to it, there is only one supreme being or spirit. Anything else is a creation of this supreme spirit. So do all religions worship Idols or the same supreme spirit? what ever created the universe was very powerful. No human will ever achieve perfection like the universe is.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   
i really wish it was that way.....we would have less conflicts in the world, but unfortunately they are not...
the christian worship [ 3 or 1 however you choose to look at it ] but the central figure of worship is the [ son of god or god depending on how you choose to look at it ] while the Jew and Muslims worship the god of Moses....

although the 3 [ separate ] religions cross path in the [ same ] god yet the method of worship and the ideals and principles of that worship paint each religion with a different coat and thereby declares each god a different god...

if you wanted to really trace it all back to one it is very possible but you will probably destroy the elder religions and keep the young one that survives....

Moses as a prophet was not worshiped but he came as a successor to a prophet before him and then along came Jesus who was also a prophet but ended up being a central figure for worship and then at the end of the chain came Mohammed who was also a prophet but was not worshiped either...

Moses & Mohamed shared the same message one god but the difference between them is the message....the message of Moses came in a way that spoke to the senses of the people of the time [ the prime language being sorcery ] he was given the abilities that you know of [ staff, sea splitting , , , , , ]....

Jesus also had been sent in a time of great medical developments so the abilities given to him were also coated in the language of the people of the time [ healing the sick, raising the dead , , , , , , ]....and so if you follow each prophet you will see his ability was coated in the prime language of the time he was sent in.....

which leads to Mohammed who was a bit of an odd case in the list of prophets for he did not have any physical tangible miracles for his people...he got the oral spoken word as proof [ The Quran ] the book that according to Mohammed came to be the last revelation from the god of Adam, moses, noah, jessus.....and all the prophets that were sent....

the Qurans first initial word that began it is the reason i said you would need to destroy the elder religions, the elder religions are not just old but they are time specific and not universal in their original teachings [ unless you really do accept the man made altered version ] unlike the last book which came to speak to the mind

it began with a word that was in order form [ r e a d ], and say you did your historical research, you will find that the lands of the Arabs were quite at the peak of their dark age until that happened and not so later afterwards the Arabs have turned from a civilization that lived on the margin of history to become on of the most important civilizations that emerged in history....this time with no miracles to [ publish ] the message, only miracles that happened were miracles that aided faith of the believers and were not ever indications as proof of the message to the surrounding people

but to get back to the original topic...they follow different interpretations of the same god is a statement that is closer to error than it is to validity

^^^^ quite an interesting video from a point of view that you don't usually hear around here

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Valid point. I can see where you would come up with that. But to answer a question with a question if that is so, then for one, if you are to believe in heaven and hell concept, to which I would feel compelled to ask, will this "one god" let all people go to heaven? If in fact different people all over the world are turning out to just be worshipping the same god?
I guess my thinking is that would start blurring the lines on everything if that were true. It would also be contradictory in beliefs, especially because in some religions the concept of the afterlife varies. Then how is god determining who goes where and why would he give different religions different "outs" if you will, i.e. reincarnation, eternal heaven or hell, or just plain death, if god is one and all. Makes sense to me he would at least give everyone the same out. ? Like I said that's just me tho.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join