It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

30 Year Brit UFO tapes released - FINALLY!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Every Morning I have a quick look at all the papers online and I stumbled across this. Great news about Rendlesham Forest, something most of us are very excited about. I thought i would share the source of the story.

www.thesun.co.uk...

I will do my best to find some of the recordings, I will post them as and when i find them, hope you guys will do the same. There is a snippet on the link above.
edit on 3/11/2010 by jexmo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by jexmo

Very interesting news. I find it little odd that why they even have to classify those tapes in first place, why not just share it to people. What good it will do to make them classified?

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by mortal
reply to post by jexmo

Very interesting news. I find it little odd that why they even have to classify those tapes in first place, why not just share it to people. What good it will do to make them classified?
keeps us in the dark, it "prevents mass pan!k" it's a national security issue, they've kept us in the dark over all the other ones.

take your pick

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by mortal

I completely agree. This screams cover-up to me. All the secrecy is making them look guilty and im convinced something happened, I can't wait to get hold of these tapes.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I found a bit more info about it here, just for anyone who doesn't know much about it. It has the halt transcript here and a link to the full transcript. Enjoy

denniswhitneyufo.blogspot.com...

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Was this under secret classification, or top secret? I only ask because the security level required tells a lot about how important the tapes were considered at the time and afterward. I've learned from employees in NSA and other places, that "Secret" security clearance doesn't really mean anything important, and is attached to tons of inane information of no particular importance.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   
To be honest i think they were just secret, withheld from the public. We had already heard the dialogue through the witnesses so we have a pretty good idea of what they thought had happened anyway. This just clears up the story a little as its the real time recording being played as it happened, which to anybody interested in Rendlesham Forest is pretty exciting.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Files released in August 2010
www.nationalarchives.gov.uk...

They were free for the first year (2008) now they are £3.50 each

Previously released UFO files
www.nationalarchives.gov.uk...

You may want to see this thread where I posted these originally

Disclosure NSA Style
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Awesome, thank you.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Couple good threads

The Rendlesham Forest UFO - What really Happened?

The Case for Rendlesham

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by mortal
reply to post by jexmo

You get it my friend, it is not something that needs to be hidden yet TPTB hides everything like a massive filter. Knowledge is power and with there elected power and the power of knowing stacks the cards against there people.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   
I have got absolutely no doubt in my mind that as soon as the word UFO is mentioned, they want it covered up, especially if there are military personel involved as a lot of Ufologists call these, "credible" witnesses. It makes it lot more believable when you have military personel involved. I love the fact that it was all but debunked until it was revealed that there was a mix up with the dates and it actually happened three days before everyone thought. Col Halt got the date wrong in his memo. You can imagine the amount of confusion this caused.

Some of the excuses were hilarious. Apparently a lorry blew up down the rad and the driver was claiming the lights were his lorry on fire lol.

I think there must be something to this story personally because I don't believe you would make something like this secret unless it needed to be. If it wasn't anything notable then they could just come out and say that. They didn't, they tried to hide the incident and were found out.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   
UFO Hunters went there last year and found that the lighthouse was blocked from pointing it's beam towards land

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by jexmo
Every Morning I have a quick look at all the papers online and I stumbled across this. Great news about Rendlesham Forest, something most of us are very excited about. I thought i would share the source of the story.

www.thesun.co.uk...

I will do my best to find some of the recordings, I will post them as and when i find them, hope you guys will do the same. There is a snippet on the link above.

thanks jexmo,star and flag my friend!! great stuff

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by johnny c

Thanks man, best avatar I have seen in a long time lol

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by jexmo

www.thesun.co.uk...

The title of the SUN's article is missleading. Halt's tape is available for over 20 years.
And it is a TAPE (not tapes). Yes it is released - it is released on their web site. The same journalistic effect you can achive at home - type in google "rendlesham halt tape audio", download it and after that publish it in your personal blog. That is the same kind of release that we are talking here.
edit on 3-11-2010 by uforadio because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
We know we have UFOs.
But what are they.
Pee Wee Herman didn't say that but could of.

A least the secret societies let us share photos of their creation.
How nice, we should thank them.
For all the lies and bad science.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by uforadio

I thought id already heard this before on some documentry or something. Thought it might have been me

Thanks for clarifying.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   

The title of the SUN's article is missleading. Halt's tape is available for over 20 years.
And it is a TAPE (not tapes). Yes it is released - it is released on their web site. The same journalistic effect you can achive at home - type in google "rendlesham halt tape audio", download it and after that publish it in your personal blog. That is the same kind of release that we are talking here.

Thank you. Althought you have ruined my thread and made me look a right wally, im greatful for the post

I have actually found the headline on a number of other websites. I wonder why so many people are under the impression that there are newly released files because if there are any, I can't find them. I can happily say that this is the first time i have heard the ACTUAL recording from the night rather than a staged one.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
i would prefer they give out the photos...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join