It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

my biggest disappointment with this election

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by jontap
Whine, whine, whine. You just cant accept that the people came together and voted for the RIGHT person for the job.

You folks just cannot accept that, so here comes the excuses and tears, sniffle, sniffle. Bad sports.

And we will see NO Republican majority, house, senate, or ANYWHERE in politics come the next time around.

The republicans have NO plans whatsoever other than MORE WAR, MORE WAR SPENDING, and MORE GIVING to the wealthy while they claim it will trickle down. Study history, they are going to HORDE all of it away, it will NOT trickle down nor bring any jobs. Many will move OVERSEAS ANYWAYS with the Republicans BLESSINGS.

Those who voted RED are TRULY UN-AMERICAN.

It wont happen next time, TRUST ME!!! Americans are going to see just what kinds of BUMS the republicans are now.

POPCORN TIME come Jan 3rd for me, but for the lesser fortunate middle-class will come HARDSHIP and more STRUGGLE for less wages, rights and jobs!!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy it while you can republican backers. You have selected the worser of the two evils for our country and our economy.
edit on 3-11-2010 by jontap because: (no reason given)

No sir, YOU may see what kind of bums the republicans really are... most of us here already know it. You sir are stuck in this whole left vs right nonsense while many of us have long since moved on from that and realized it was just more divide and conquer. You claim the Republicans are for more War Spending, but the Democrats have had full control for 2 years now and are still spending the same type of money on the same wars started by the Republicans. Does that not tell you something? Anything?

The best way I can explain this is that Democrats and Republicans are two wings of the same bird. Sure, there are some good, honest Republican politicians. Yes, there are some good, honest Democratic politicians. However they are few and far between. When you take the good, honest politician and toss him into the den of snakes that is Washington DC, in order to survive you must become a snake yourself. It really is that simple.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
The best way I can explain this is that Democrats and Republicans are two wings of the same bird. Sure, there are some good, honest Republican politicians. Yes, there are some good, honest Democratic politicians. However they are few and far between. When you take the good, honest politician and toss him into the den of snakes that is Washington DC, in order to survive you must become a snake yourself. It really is that simple.

absolutely stunning response
star for you

TPTB do it for corrupt Dems just like
they do it for corrupt GOP.

Election fraud keeps their snakes
in the den. If they get voted out,
all that money and investment
goes to waste.

However, election time and fraudulent
votes allows the sheeple like us to actually see
who the snakes really are. They reveal
themselves.
edit on 11/3/2010 by boondock-saint because: clarifying

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

I didnt ask you for anything, what are you talking about? Get your facts correct as I was just commenting on your little OBSOLETE link to which PROVES nothing other than you are DESPERATELY trying to support this NONSENSE.

Typical right-wing ways that really shouldnt surprise me anymore.
edit on 3-11-2010 by jontap because: (no reason given)

obsolete??
what is obsolete is the fact that
politicians and TPTB are manipulating
elections for an agenda and think we the people are
stupid enough to not see what is happening.

And your post called me a right-winger Tea Partier
by insinuation.

So should I stoop to your level and call you a
Gov or Democratic shill? I will refrain from
such as your posts here are most obvious
on it's own merit.

There is a conspiracy here to commit
massive election fraud and it should be
investigated by the FBI. And if they don't
then somebody high in the Gov is pulling
their strings to pass it over like a hot potato.

First calm down, you are starting to show signs of losing your mind here, relax!!

Now PLEASE step away from your tea, ok?

Ok, NOW, stop reading the right-wing rumor-emails, and visiting the right-wing propaganda sites and accept the fact that the BETTER candidate WON. Their is NO conspiracy here other than on your propagand sites and emails.

That tea causes more harm than good so please stay away from that tea!!

Leave the TEA ALONE and you will be fine.

Feel better? Relax!!

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   

First calm down, you are starting to show signs of losing your mind here, relax!!
Ok, NOW, stop reading the right-wing rumor-emails, and visiting the right-wing propaganda sites and accept the fact that the BETTER candidate WON. Their is NO conspiracy here other than on your propagand sites and emails.
Feel better? Relax!!

Relax???
lmao

I will relax when these criminals
are in prison. Until then, it's back
to business of thwarting TPTB
from stealing another election
from the people who want change.
And that's got nothing to do with Tea.
It has everything to do with being an
American.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jontap

Have you ever considered the health benefits of tea? en.wikipedia.org...

Tea has been rather clearly demonstrated to be associated with lower incidents of psychological distress and disorders.

Perhaps you should drink some and then come back to reflect upon your post, and realize that you are sick, and in need of help.

The fact of the matter is that these labor unions responsible for building, servicing, and deploying these voting machines have been very partially funding specific candidates.

Now - I can't say that is evidence of voting fraud... why would they need to donate to the campaigns of candidates if they could simply donate votes? However - these voting machines are of a great concern to many people. Who handles them? How are they handled? How is security and objectivity maintained? How can one be certain that the buttons they push on the screen accurately represent the votes that the machine will submit?

If the above cannot be demonstrated and/or resolved, then should we really be using paperless voting machines with no physical record of the voters' intentions?

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Aim64C

Aim u r exactly correct

pressing buttons on a computer screen
leaves no paper trail to confirm their
vote. It eliminates corroboration between
voters and votes. And it's so much easier to
control the masses when there is no
hanging chads to give away their
criminal activities.

star 4 u

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Try this link. The article is still there, but since it wasn't posted with url tags it split the link in half.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

thank u Jenna

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I can see why it may SEEM as though the polls and the votes don't match up, ergo, voter fraud.

However:
Polls are significantly skewed towards older people - people with land lines. I do not have a land line and have not been called by ANY politician for ANYTHING this entire cycle. The 'random samplings' are actually skewed towards folks who have land lines, who are generally older, and the older population tends to be more conservative.

At the same time, even people disappointed with Reid may not want to vote for Sharon Angle, who, in all seriousness, is not fit for a Senate seat. There was probably a significant amount of people who didn't vote for either candidate at all.

Lastly, even Democrats who say they are disappointed with Reid will vote for Reid anyways simply because he is the Democrat.
People who say they are angry with the way government is going will still vote for the incumbent.
A lot of people who are asked questions in polls say they have an ideology but simply don't get around to going and voting.
Polls do not equal outcomes.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

Thank you so much Jenna. Yes that is exactly what I was referencing, and thank you to the poster who tried to get that link posted for us. I knew someone else here would have better luck finding what I was looking for.

Boondock- don't take the bait. When the best someone can do is continue his left vs right nonsense and accuse you of drinking "too much tea" all the while ignoring any relevant point being made, it is obvious he is not interested in any intelligent conversation or debate. Let's face it, someone here is drinking some tea.. it's called sleepytime tea.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Harry Reid stole the election. He is not the first.

I mean, jeez look at Iowa!

www.rense.com...

Who counts the votes?

Reid lost, he doesn't have the support of the people. He is only an example of how low a person in an office of trust can go. Him and Barney are two of a kind.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Feel better? Relax!!

Wow, talk about annoying!
Dude, lay off the CAPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soldier of God
Wow, talk about annoying!
Dude, lay off the CAPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lmao
when I first read this
I didn't know if you were referring to
his typing ....
or his meds !!!!

or you might be
referring to both

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal

Originally posted by SeesFar
reply to post by MrWendal

Is this the article you had in mind?

www.washingtonexaminer.com... ting-machine-technicians-are-members-of-SEIU-105815608.html#ixzz13Yuk921B

I noticed Boondock copied part of the article you listed which I can not wait to get back to read, as I just now clicked your link and found that the article is GONE.

Take that for what it's worth.

I still have the link and the article is still there. It's a very long link and i don't know how to put it in here without it breaking up like that when my reply posts.

I do notice, though, that i can see the full link in this reply box. Perhaps you could go back to my initial post of it, click on the 'quote' option to reply and then copy/paste it into your browser?

Did you get these:

www.fox5vegas.com...

www.lasvegassun.com...

My apologies if those two have already been posted.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

I believe this is the same occurrence with California and the pot issue. In many polls it showed the opposite of what happened.

I guess that is either why you "play the game" or how you "rig the vote".

By the way, if voter fraud interests you, I would recommend checking out John DeCamp + Nebraska + Voting Fraud back in the 90's when electronic machines were first installed. He had major support in all polls and lost by a wide margin.

I would like to believe none of this happens. Never will know for sure though. Honestly, I don't give a damn about either of those 2 in Nevada. But anyway.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dance4Life
I believe this is the same occurrence with California and the pot issue. In many polls it showed the opposite of what happened.

I believe you are correct

the Fed and Wall Street don't get
reforms passed if Reid stays in office
and the unions continue their kickbacks.

Same goes with legalizing pot. If they legalize
it, the CIA and the Cartels don't make near the
profits on a legal leaf u can buy over the counter.

Both voter frauds had agendas.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Hard to say brother.

You would think the state would enjoy the taxation of marijuana. I am sure it would be in the billions. I am not sure how much "black" money is made though through other means currently, if any. I am sure there has to be some under the table antics going on.

I don't know about Wall St. etc. Usually they get what they want regardless, if not they threaten another collapse. This is all conjecture of course, could be 100% clean, really have no idea. Part of me doesn't want to know either.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dance4Life
I don't know about Wall St. etc. Usually they get what they want regardless, if not they threaten another collapse. This is all conjecture of course, could be 100% clean, really have no idea. Part of me doesn't want to know either.

well no offense
but some of us DO want
to know. It is our lives
these people are playing with,
that gives us a right to know.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
According to Joel Skousan ( Foreign Affairs Brief ) in an interview on Rense, Reid led by 5 percent through out the race, which Skousan said is a dead giveaway indication of the application of an algorithm onto the results.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
According to Joel Skousan ( Foreign Affairs Brief ) in an interview on Rense, Reid led by 5 percent through out the race, which Skousan said is a dead giveaway indication of the application of an algorithm onto the results.

I wouldn't be so sure - I watched the polls here in Missouri, and a lot of candidates maintained a fairly consistent lead/deficit. Skelton was behind about 5% from the word "Go." the only issues I saw change much in percentage as the precincts reported in was Proposition B - the most useless piece of legislation I've seen put to vote before the people (arbitrarily restricts breeders to 50 breeding dogs and establishes standards already enforced as though they are something new - why not allow someone to have 52 breeding dogs if they can keep things to spec, ... or why not a thousand? If the conditions are within standards, how is it cruel?). It passed by a little over 1% after having about a 10% deficit up until the cities weighed in on the issue (because, you know, they should have a say in a matter that has nothing to do with their economy).

Otherwise, most of the polls were fairly stable.

Now - most of the votes in Missouri are tallied using a "scantron" -like device. You fill out a page with the names of candidates and a bubble next to their name, and darken in the bubble with a black marker. The device (amusingly similar to a shredder) scans the document and tallies the votes.

Now - no machine is beyond being tampered with. Being an avionics person - I know all too well how easy it is to make a machine do anything but what it tells you it is doing. However - a paper record is left behind (while I joked it looked like a shredder, it does not shred the ballots). I would be curious to see how a random sampling of hand-checked ballots compares to the machine reported values. In fact - I believe this should be standard procedure. All voting methods should have a paper trail - period, this should be a federal mandate - and the person voting should be able to see and confirm exactly what their paper record indicates before their vote is submitted. Randomly selected people (much like Jury Duty) should be selected from different voting precincts (and different states, where possible - attempt to remove assessor bias) to manually tally randomly selected voting stations' ballots for comparison to machine results. Anomalies will then be investigated if they arise.

While this would potentially be quite costly and make voting a rather expensive government affair - if there is -anything- we should spend money on, it is to ensure that the validity and security of the voting process be maintained.

I am not suggesting that any specific polls this cycle were tampered with, however, this happens -every- election cycle. It was happening before, when votes were hand-tallied and voting stations were accused of bias. While no amount of cross-checking is going to satisfy the truly paranoid - we cannot afford to allow the opportunity for voting fraud/tampering to continue and/or start. If it is going on now - it needs to stop and those responsible gutted where they stand. If it isn't - then we should make it as hideously difficult and risky as possible to start.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join