It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did that CUT hurt? How bout this one?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigTimeCheater
reply to post by MrXYZ

Where in the Constitution is federal funding of education authorized?

It isn't

Cut it, along with all other programs not authorized in Article 1 Section 8.

Who cares if it's in there or not if not doing it leads to a larger number of dumb people. Not sure about you, but I wouldn't be proud about a country if the large majority can't get decent education. And don't even get me started on privatized education. Have you checked how much those schools charge lately (I know, I went to one)? Most people can't afford that and the only way of getting their education is to start their life being in debt to banks.

If you are a patriot, you should support things that make the country better. Having the majority well educated is a pretty good start...especially since statistics show the uneducated were hit the hardest during the crisis.

Last I checked there's a few things missing in the constitution...which doesn't mean we should do/not do those things. Like raping puppies...there's no puppy raping rules, doesn't mean we shouldn't have some.
edit on 4-11-2010 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

A patriot? hahaha surely you are kidding right?

A patriot would stand up for what this country was founded upon, namely the Constitution.

I never said there shouldnt be public education, I simply said federal involvement in it is unconstitutional. States are free to do as they wish.

In case you havent noticed, the American public is NOT a well educated populace, despite trillions of dollars of OUR money being spent on education.

To continue throwing good money after bad is irresponsible.

On a sidenote, if people are having kids they cannot adequately provide for (including education), why are they having kids in the first place? Again, more irresponsibility.
edit on 4-11-2010 by BigTimeCheater because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower

Time to makes some cuts

1-National Public Radio and Public TV

Because the news should be driven by ratings and advertising..not facts. No more need for unbiased news...who needs real news anymore when you have Fox and MSNBC?

2010 Public broadcasting budget 422 Million, Federal Budget 3.5 Trillion... .000012%...about 1 ten thousandth of 1 percent of the federal budget.

2-National Endowment for the Arts

because if you aren't working for a corporation...you are not contributing to society

Roughly 155 Million, that is what they cost ...which puts it at less than half of Public Broadcasting...see numbers above.

3-US Military reduce bases in foreign countries by 90%. Redeploy one half to the Mexican border area. And build requisite bases necessary to redeploy to this region. Redeploy our bases so that we are protecting the US sovereign area and not other countries. Project power, but not globally. Non interventionism is the key.

23% of budget goes to military spending! Say it with me...Military Industrial Complex...I am all for it…good luck with that

4-IRS

Okay...12 Billion was their most recent budget,
in 09 they collected 2.3 Trillion,
The federal budget 09 was 3,518 Billion (3.5 Trillion) so the IRS gets about .003 of 1 percent of the federal budget

How much would you like to cut? You could eliminate the entire IRS and save 12B while costing us an additional 3.5 Trillion? 95% of the Fed Gov. Income? will that help?

Reform is a great idea for the IRS and the tax system, but it won’t save federal dollars..

5-Federal Reserve

The US Gov still needs a bank...you suggest they go private?

6-National Education Agency

FYI..THE NEA IS NOT A FEDERAL AGENCY IT IS A LABOR UNION…I know the first instinct…education=bad…it makes people ask questions.

7-Administration Conference of the United States
The Top 6 were just off the top of my head. The 7th was the first on the list in the link provided, that I saw no reason for. It was shutdown before and Obama started it up again. CUT IT!

uhhh..Pres. BUSH started it up again in 09...and it is a cost saving organization that reviews federal bureacracy and looks for places to make it leaner..

The House voted July 14 to reauthorize the Administrative Conference of the United States (ACUS) by accepting an earlier Senate-passed bill. The bill now moves to the White House, where President Bush is expected to sign the legislation. ACUS was a small government agency, abolished in 1995, that advised Congress on reforms to administrative and regulatory processes and saved the government millions of dollars over its life.

www.ombwatch.org...

Why would you want to abolish an agency whose job it is to root out inefficiencies?

Short of Military (23%) everything else looks to save us less than one half of one tenth of 1 percent at best...if we were to outright elimnate it all. And some of it could cost us more...cut too deeply into the IRS and collections will fall...eleimnate the Fed Res. and a private bank will almost certainly guage the taxpayers.

In that context this doesn't look like cost savings as much as idealogical agenda.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
test for debate comment
edit on 4-11-2010 by saltheart foamfollower because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Lets do it this way, and we will go back to the time the constitution was written.

Kill social security, children should take care of there parents. If you can't afford to do that, oh well, they die.

Give 10% to your church as the bible commands, they should then have enough funds to take care of the old and infirm. However if your church does as it should, your pastor will not be able to afford his new rolex.

For those of different religions, allow them to starve in the streets.

As far as medicare, kill it, we should all die between 50 and 60 anyway.

Medicaid and welfare, forget about it, poor people have no right to live. I have mine, now you get yours. Nice christian message to show there, not that I truly believe any of you to be true christians.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Testing comment for debate tourney
edit on 4-11-2010 by saltheart foamfollower because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join