It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Commercial About The National Debt That Is Being Banned By Major Networks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I found this article I think ATSer's would like. I'm not into politics so I'm not even going to try and explane what I don't know.

But here you are. Enjoy. I will share my thoughts after a few posts.
Banned Commercial

edit on 3/11/2010 by Canadas finest because: spelling

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I’d say it’s more of a wake-up call then offensive.
Of course there are those who do not want to public to wake up.

Here’s your video:

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Controversial? it's just an honest projection of what seems to be the direction we're heading. But what can we really do? Vote? I think voting is pointless, since I don't trust the ballots. This message needs to get across to everyone.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

I agree with you. It's definitely a wake up call. It was a bad idea sending our jobs overseas from the start. It just doesn't make sense. We need them here. More people on the workforce means a stronger country. Makes sense to me, anyway.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Somewhat ironic that the chinese are featured in this commercial and then US networks do something very “red china” like and ban it because it reflects bad on the nation.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skid Mark
I agree with you. It's definitely a wake up call. It was a bad idea sending our jobs overseas from the start. It just doesn't make sense. We need them here. More people on the workforce means a stronger country. Makes sense to me, anyway.

well u can't say that Ross Perot didn't
warn everybody in the US that this would
happen if NAFTA was passed in congress.
I also voted for Perot for President as a write-in.
Can't say I didn't try either.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I actually caught this commercial when it ran about a week ago, before it was axed and banned from tv. I thought to myself "Wow......such honesty and truth in this commercial. Im shocked they would allow it to even run."

And then....adios...kaput.

I wonder if they ban it because it poorly reflects on the Chinese people and leaves a semi-bad impression on their possible view point and motive, or it is humiliating for every American in such a way to see the truth so boldly stated that it is unbearable to watch?

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   
a timeline of events would be appropriate here:

1993 Larry King CNN NAFTA Debate with Ross Perot and Al Gore

Ross Perot Presidential Debate - NAFTA Giant sucking sound

and in 1996 the elections commission banned Perot
from the Presidential Debates

edit on 11/3/2010 by boondock-saint because: added url

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I saw this commercial several times while watching election coverage tonight on CNN, MSNBC, and Faux News.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Dear Mr. Jones doesn't bother to mention that it still ran on the major news networks Fox and CNN...probably elsewhere.

Or that the extras were told they were going to be in Transformers 3 then told they'd be in a political ad.

an extra in the "chinese professor" ad speaks out

Perhaps it was banned due to it's insinuation that we should be scared of Chinese people...

Maybe it's the perceived portrayal of the downfall of America...

Or, more likely, the fallacy of China owning most of our debt or being capable of owning America...

China owns about $846.7 billion of our $13.616 TRILLION debt.

We can even play the little game the commercial purports to play; let's say that tomorrow, China wishes to call in their 'loan' to America.

This amounts to about $846.7 billion dollars, no small amount, obviously. However, it's really only about 6.2% of our total debt which is a far, far cry from 'owning' us. Considering the amount we're spending on...

military operations, base security, reconstruction, foreign aid, embassy costs, and veterans’ health care for the three operations initiated since the 9/11 attacks: Operation Enduring Freedom (OEF) Afghanistan and other counter terror operations; Operation Noble Eagle (ONE), providing enhanced security at military bases; and Operation Iraqi Freedom (OIF).

...which happens to be $1.121 trillion. (thanks to The Cost of Iraq, Afghanistan, and Other Global War on Terror Operations Since 9/11)

I think the government can find a way to afford it.

US Public Debt via Wikipedia

I like the 'remix' better anyway:

edit on 3-11-2010 by links234 because: Bad coding.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719
I actually caught this commercial when it ran about a week ago, before it was axed and banned from tv. I thought to myself "Wow......such honesty and truth in this commercial. Im shocked they would allow it to even run."

And then....adios...kaput.

I wonder if they ban it because it poorly reflects on the Chinese people and leaves a semi-bad impression on their possible view point and motive, or it is humiliating for every American in such a way to see the truth so boldly stated that it is unbearable to watch?

It's a form of fear mongering really. This commercial leaves you no choice when you watch it. That's my devils advocate side for ya.

What I believe?
It is political in nature so in my opinion it should be allowed because we all know how bad political ad's can get, right? It's banning is censorship freedom shouldn't allow.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
It hasn't been banned i recorded it during the election coverage on CNN last night to my DVR

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Bump

I think this ad shoud be run again. The timing is great.

This is exactly what is needed to jolt us from our slumber.

I have news for all of you with high hopes for our redemption, it isn't going to happen. Game over.

new topics

top topics

join