It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do any of you think this election will change anything?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
My answer would be no! Why? Because no one independent or third party won. To many rich leaders running and then winning. We seen them all and they are all terrible.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Tea Party candidates proved that they are major players in this game. Their increase in strength will trigger an increase in the anti-Tea Party sentiment. In the end, I fear, extremism on both sides of the political spectrum will grow, and eventually prove detrimental. I am genuinely worried, and I hope I am wrong, and that things will get better somehow.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I agree, it's not going to change anything. You would think that we would have learned by now. After ever election people get excited thinking positive change will come yet it's always the same downward spiral no matter which party is in power.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Boehner is evil. With him sitting in the speakers seat, things could get ugly. I've had the misfortune of meeting him. I am not encouraged!

I was surprised he even had tear ducts..who woulda known??

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Not NO.....BUT HELL NO!!!! They are all a bunch of crooks how ever you slice it. These are ALL a bunch of special interests people no matter the party lines. I would just "Hope" that the change of power will instill a thought of the American people.....We shall see.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fiberx
I was surprised he even had tear ducts..who woulda known??

lmao
those weren't tear ducts
they were alien kidneys

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Hell No! As Big Duke 6 said above. All of these politicians are bought and paid for lap dogs for the plutocracy of this world. And that includes the repub...er uh tea party politicians as well. I also agree that the only way that anything good will come out of this election is if the people who still aren't getting this, now get to see that nothing will change, AGAIN, and get pissed enough to finally remove their butts from the recess they've created in their couches!
edit on 3-11-2010 by Redwookieaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Considering one of the grass-roots "tea party" candidates was John Kasich, former Lehman Brothers banking executive, and new Governor of Ohio, I highly doubt anything will change.

Correction, some things will change. Health care reform is off the table, more deregulation for banks and insurance, and increased globalization (goodbye jobs, hello China).

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Well any change that the government would have done, would have been bad anyway. It's not like they weren't already in bed with banks, health insurance, etc. They are as much lap dogs as the new guys. Obama got mun and over fist from indurance companies and of course Goldman Sachs.

No, nothing will change. You are right. We need to get rid of all of them. We need to work together to educate those who are still drinking the kool-aid and get past TPTB's silly divisive tactics to help save all of our home.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   
It's not as if obama brought jobs back... and funny but I do recall much of the stimulus actually going to foreign banks and companies first AND SECOND round... and as far as Health Scare... well it really quite honestly is going to be a "GIFT" that keeps on giving... Especially when people connect it's statutes with the already in existence 3 Part HIPPA act... (from the clinton REGIME days) which coincidence of all coincidences just like health care reform and Right to work laws are blatantly mislabeled acts!!

All of these were specifically designed to do THE OPPOSITE of what they were touted to do...
Just like Deregulation (remember how we were supposed to pay less for phones and cable and energy?)

The destruction that has been wrought though I fear is NOTHING compared to what we are about to see in the coming Lame Duck session in the months ahead...

I am an agnostic and once again I have found it in my heart to PRAY again... the times are that dark the threat is that URGENT.

The only thing that can save us now is HAWKISH VIGILANCE and impart the message to those in power that the line in the sand is fast approaching... and when they take that first baby step across said line, I'm sad to say but action will have to be taken.

THEY WILL TEST US and if we blink it will be business as usual which will be the demise of our way of life in months or years NOT GENERATIONS....

NOTE: I AM NOT ENCOURAGING VIOLENCE but we do need to let those in power know with a show of unity that they do SERVE US and only at our SUFFERANCE ...

We desperately need to give them a peaceful but POWERFUL reminder of this ASAP. And if this doesn't work THEN and only then do we need to start considering other options...

But if we don't we are in trouble

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   
It was just one big protest vote.

And the lobby system will continue unchecked. The fact that no politician has any idea how to get out of the current mess. Where are the jobs? Most people without jobs cannot pay taxes so are hardly Taxed Enough Already.

Onwards to the sheepdip!

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
My answer would be no! Why? Because no one independent or third party won. To many rich leaders running and then winning. We seen them all and they are all terrible.

I think instead of sending bills to the House to be passed without being read,
they will just issue Executive orders and or appoint czars.

The whole "sign without reading" reminds of the accusations of fraud
in the robo-signing mess.

Does it remind you of robo-signing if you don't even bother to read what your signing
on a legal document ?

Does to me...

edit on 3-11-2010 by Ex_MislTech because: grammar

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Because they realized that it was better to get elected by the sheep than to stand alone with their ideals and not be able to get a bloody thing done, the Tea Party decided to hold their noses and side with the Republicans. Something tells me that the true Tea Party candidates won't play ball with the good-ole-boys.

In a few years, maybe the Tea Party can A: Take over the GOP completely B: Form a true third-party that would have a hounds chance of winning a big election.

It's something to watch.

new topics

top topics

join