It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prop 19 results, honest ?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I've been following the polls for proposition 19 (the initiative to legalize marijuana in california). up until a week ago, all the polls projected an easy win for prop 19. the average was 48% yes and 42% no with remaining undecided.

suddenly 3 days before the vote and the polls reverse themselves. the polls now show 48% no and 44% yes.

and tonight, after only 5% of the results in a major newspaper (LA Times) is projecting prop 19 is defeated.

I smell a fat stinkin rat. Lets face it, the proposition will certainly cost certain corporations billions of dollars in lost revenue to legal marijuana. it was reported by several websites in the past few days that a ton of financial donations were made by big pharm to help defeat prop 19.

and then there is this, already reports of clear voter fraud in another state - missouri.watchdog.org...

the average is roughly 40-50% of registered voters actually go and vote. so its interesting to see more people voting in this state than there are even people living there (much less registered).

the final results arent in but to me the media has already reported the results because they've known all along what the fixed results would be. the will of the people was ignored. big money wins again

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by admriker444

The prop lost!
The prop lost!
I just can't believe it. Why did the prop fail? Why?

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Yeah, I know.

Brutal man. Just brutal.

Guess I can cancel those plans on early retirement to the friendly confines.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
watching it live as it comes in on cnn.com. Its been locked at the same % since it opened.

yea something doesn't seem right.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Huffpo called it a loss at noonish, eastern time, barely the polls had opened in cali.

I smell a big honking stinking rat.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I am disappointed as well. However, there is a larger majority of over 50 year olds voting who didn't favor the bill. I would be interested to see if the poll was taking with registered voters, or voters who planned to vote. Because I think if more under 30's voted that poll would have stood. I do think that the fact that more older people voted is why it failed.

AAC

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
They can do what they want. The people don't matter. They know americans won't riot, so they can take full advantage, so thats what they do. They make all the money they want, how they want, when they want. The people are merely obstacles that are easily pushed aside. The whole country is like this.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028
watching it live as it comes in on cnn.com. Its been locked at the same % since it opened.

If there is foul play it will be discovered. Be patient, and also accept that unfortunately there is a lot more ignorant people than there are enlightened people, and it may take multiple attempts to win this long battle.

We've waited for a long time, but 2012 is not that far away. We have to be vigilant in this battle for our rights, we can't get tread on because we faced a loss here. It's clear where we failed, we didn't fail to convince people about whether or not cannabis should be legal, we failed to motivate people to get up and vote.

Low voter turnout defeated prop 19, because the old people all turned up to vote (at least when I voted this morning, it was me (24), and then EVERYONE ELSE THERE was 55+.

Well, except one of the poll workers, he was like 18. But seriously, the voter turnout where I live was (at least while I was at the booths) nearly 100% old people.

This is what defeated prop 19, if indeed there was no foul play.

IF THERE WAS FOUL PLAY THERE WILL BE RAGE THOUGH.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
The percentage split is similar to the Gay Marriage percentage split.

CA is not a Liberal state - - - it has concentrated liberal areas.

If you look at the demographic that voted Pro Prop 8 - - - its probably similar to those who fear legal marijuana.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   

this poll taken just a few months back had prop 19 winning easily.

elections.firedoglake.com...

I find it very difficult to believe that suddenly every poll completely reversed itself and had prop 19 going from an easy win to an easy defeat.

the economy didnt get any better since the summer. jobs losses continue, inflation increases, mortages continue to go into default, but californians reject prop 19 ?

marijuana has already been reduced to a parking ticket and no record offense lately. so why would california reject billions in tax dollars and new jobs for something they cant get in trouble for anyway....

this stinks

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

The prop lost because half or more of the Tea Partiers are really not for individual liberties. They are for the rights of corporations and churches. They want government out of corporation and business but to enforce on individuals the rule of the rich.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by sremmos

Originally posted by ugie1028

If there is foul play it will be discovered. Be patient, and also accept that unfortunately there is a lot more ignorant people than there are enlightened people, and it may take multiple attempts to win this long battle.

We've waited for a long time, but 2012 is not that far away. We have to be vigilant in this battle for our rights, we can't get tread on because we faced a loss here. It's clear where we failed, we didn't fail to convince people about whether or not cannabis should be legal, we failed to motivate people to get up and vote.

Low voter turnout defeated prop 19, because the old people all turned up to vote (at least when I voted this morning, it was me (24), and then EVERYONE ELSE THERE was 55+.

Well, except one of the poll workers, he was like 18. But seriously, the voter turnout where I live was (at least while I was at the booths) nearly 100% old people.

This is what defeated prop 19, if indeed there was no foul play.

IF THERE WAS FOUL PLAY THERE WILL BE RAGE THOUGH.

whats happening in 2012 ? is there another state attempting to legalize it ?

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Probably a lot of people sitting on their couches right now, looking at each other and saying

Awww dude! we got stoned and forgot to vote!

Anyway, humour aside, this really sucks not passing.

Hopefully next time.

I voted for it.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Could be foul play - or more likely huge lobbying by the alcohol industry. They don't like competition!

The other reason prop 19 was not passed is because the 420'ers were so excited about pot becoming legal, that they smoked a fatty, passed out and forgot to go vote!

But seriously, it's time we stop criminalizing stupidity.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockerchic4God

could we be more in synch? look at what I posted just before you.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
my sister tried to vote and was told to come back later. apparently they ran out of envelopes to seal the ballots in san diego

www.sandiego6.com...

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Last time I checked, only about 20-30% of precincts were reporting. Ive been trying to check the ballot measures website, but it looks like theres too much traffic to see it.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I know its just 23% in (At least when i took the screen shots) and it seems like the districts that voted YES are close. the districts that have voted no seem to be blowouts with a few close calls here and there. The only thing i find suspicious is the % has been locked at 44/56 since it has opened.

Right now it looks like pro 19 is going to fail and we wont know anything until everything is tallied and counted.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c9ec3417e811.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1af43da16cb4.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e5b67c33574b.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/65dfba9759ea.png[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/28733e87d531.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d212775b26b8.jpg[/atsimg]
CNN

For the images. Just to show that its close in the districts that have voted Yes to prop 19... except for the last 2.
edit on 11/3/2010 by ugie1028 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

plus there are thousands more ballots to count from mail-in and the military. its ridiculous to claim the prop is defeated at 5% this afternoon.

I think the media tends to report these predictions early enough as to dissuade potential voters who become discouraged and fail to vote. if the media says prop 19 lost, why should I bother to go down and wait in a 2 hr line to vote....

my family and friends dont get why I supported this prop when I dont even smoke pot. My point has always been this is about a state's right to choose for themselves. it was a direct challenge to the unconstitutional authority of the federal govt. this would have been a huge victory for states rights and a reaffirment of the 10th amendment

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Been reading here.
Not sure exactly but it doesn't look to me like prop 19 is dead...
I'm no expert though..

..Ex

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join