It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hurricane forming over texas !!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Strange I know, but i was checking out the NOAA site to keep an eye on THOMAS when I noticed right up in the top left hand corner a rotating cloud formation !!!

LINK TO NOAA

If anyone can take a screen dump and put a gif or something together that would really help otherwise in the morning it might be gone or maybe it will be sucking up the GOM!!!

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by theregonnakillme

That is not a hurricane, that is an anticyclonic thunderstorm.. we get them here everynow and then and they are always nasty..

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Its just a low system. Those are common over land. it isn't a hurricane. Hurricanes have 75+MPH winds and form over oceans near the equator where there is warm water. Its just a low pressure system.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

give it time!

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Im in the inside rim of that cloud formation. Its been crappy here all day. Nothing out of the ordinary though. Hope it stays tha way...

MOTF!

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
OP, with all due respect, think before you post a thread.

Now if you will excuse me, the next thread I'm going to read is "Earthquake commencing in the sky".

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ghaleon12

With all due respect you may wish to think before you reply!

there have been numerous cases of hurricanes forming over land recently including Canada and Germany (the most recent)

A storm rotating anti clockwise over land is called a thunderstorm, over the sea it is generally a depression which goes on to form tropical depression etc etc.

We shall see what it turns into in the morning. if it is gone then bash away, until then it is yet another un-known in this very fragile earth we are experiencing this year!

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Texas has a chance for severe storms. Ive been watching the weather channel for a little bit. It isnt a hurricane but..maybe similar to what we had in Indiana? The same looking formation and produce hurricane strength winds. But don't take my word for it I don't know much about weather.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
as the original responder metioned... we get them all the time in the south Its that time of year. its not a hurricane. Just a really bad rainstorm.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   

its called "counter clockwise" and no hurricanes dont form over land.......

From Noaa

The terms "hurricane" and "typhoon" are regionally specific names for a strong "tropical cyclone". A tropical cyclone is the generic term for a non-frontal synoptic scale low-pressure system over tropical or sub-tropical waters with organized convection (i.e. thunderstorm activity) and definite cyclonic surface wind circulation (Holland 1993). Tropical cyclones with maximum sustained surface winds of less than 17 m/s (34 kt, 39 mph) are called "tropical depressions" (This is not to be confused with the condition mid-latitude people get during a long, cold and grey winter wishing they could be closer to the equator ;-)). Once the tropical cyclone reaches winds of at least 17 m/s (34 kt, 39 mph) they are typically called a "tropical storm" and assigned a name. If winds reach 33 m/s (64 kt, 74 mph)), then they are called:

Seriously man.......

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   

maybe you should do some research before posting. its not a hurricane it will not develop into a hurricane. if anything its just going to be a nasty low pressure system.

P.S. a little tip Hurricanes weaken and fall apart over land, they don't form and strengthen over land!
edit on 11/3/2010 by Mercenary2007 because: (no reason given)

join