It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Return Of the Mega-Filament...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
"The filament is now much larger than the distance from the Earth to the Moon. This is the largest feature many of us amateur solar astronomers have EVER seen."

www.spaceweather.com...

Solar rotation is turning the region toward Earth and it should begin to be visible around Nov 5th. I wish I could post a pic but I'm new and i havent quite figured it out yet. But the link shows you a nice pic of the sun. It's really spectacular. Im not sure what this indicates to our world but hopfully its not as bad as they make it seem.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by innervision0730

cool, im looking forward to when it is facing the earth directly, when it is, I suspect its going to give off the biggest CME for 8 years.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   

I don't know if anyone gives any credibility to Dr Bill Deagle , I personally like him and think he sounds quite knowlegeable. And he isn't a bogus Doctor and has a firm grasp in diffrent scientific areas. He said that there is an m or x class flare approching soon from sunspot 1117. Here is an interview with him.....the project camelot team have it on there site. Some of the people they interview seem quite rediculous but I think he is worth listning to. I was wondering if anyone agrees with what he says about this flare and if it is the same one that is being noticed now? projectcamelotproductions.com...

You have to scroll down a little on this blog page and click on it and open the audio file. Sorry, I don't know how to make it easier. thanks

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by dreaming

I couldnt find it but I looked him up on youtube. He has some interesting views and it sounds like he could be on to something... We will have to wait and see! So far so good though..I will keep an eye on it. I havent stocked up or anything! I need to start being more prepared in case something happens..(snow storm,solar storm,quake ect) Money is tight(college student) so it's been hard to keep up on it. Ive been watching survival guides though which is what everyone should do at one point. Its good to have it in the back of your head in case there ever is a real emergency.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Im not sure if this is going to work (probably not) but this was captured today in Norway and it is spectacular! I havent heard anything yet about a bad storm but we shall see.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Looking at the SOHO LASCO C2 Latest Image
It really looks like there is a monster coming around our way. We may see some extreme activity from this one.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by nonnez

Heres a vid of it and its pretty big.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7dbd963da20c.jpg[/atsimg]

When is it suppose to appear?

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Well I believe in the next couple of days....it is coming around right now.
This should prove interesting to say the least.
I wonder how far south we will be able to see the auroras.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by nonnez

I will keep checking spaceweather.com they give pretty good up to date info on whats going on(flares,wind,lvl ect) We shall see..The last one didn't do much (damage that is)

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   

ACTIVE SUNSPOT: Old sunspot 1112 is back and it is crackling with C- and M-class solar flares: SDO movie. So far none of the blasts has been geo-effective because of the sunspot's location on the sun's eastern limb. Solar rotation is, however, turning the active region toward Earth, so stay tuned.

A solar wind stream flowing from the indicated coronal hole could brush past Earth's magnetic field around Nov. 9th. Credit: SDO/AIA.

Sunspot number: 34

The sunspot number has been about 15 the past few days.
www.spaceweather.com...

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c1e93abeba04.jpg[/atsimg]

M5 SOLAR FLARE: Active sunspot 1121 has just unleashed one of the brightest x-ray solar flares in years, an M5.4-class eruption at 15:36 UT on Nov. 6th. Click on the image to view a movie of the blast from NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory: This is the third M-flare in as many days, and the strongest, from this increasingly active sunspot. So far none of the eruptions has been squarely Earth-directed, but this could change in the days ahead as the sun's rotation turns the active region toward our planet.

FLARE 0-24 hr 24-48 hr
CLASS M 85 % 85 %
CLASS X 20 % 20 %

Geomagnetic Storms:
Probabilities for significant disturbances in Earth's magnetic field are given for three activity levels: active, minor storm, severe storm
Updated at: 2010 Nov 06 2200 UTC

Mid-latitudes 0-24 hr 24-48 hr
ACTIVE 10 % 15 %
MINOR 01 % 01 %
SEVERE 01 % 01 %

High latitudes 0-24 hr 24-48 hr
ACTIVE 10 % 20 %
MINOR 01 % 05 %
SEVERE 01 % 01 %

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
FLARE 0-24 hr 24-48 hr
CLASS M 85 % 85 %
CLASS X 20 % 20 %

Geomagnetic Storms:
Probabilities for significant disturbances in Earth's magnetic field are given for three activity levels: active, minor storm, severe storm

Updated at: 2010 Nov 07 2200 UTC
Mid-latitudes 0-24 hr 24-48 hr
ACTIVE 15 % 10 %
MINOR 01 % 01 %
SEVERE 01 % 09 %

High latitudes 0-24 hr 24-48 hr
ACTIVE 20 % 15 %
MINOR 05 % 01 %
SEVERE 01 % 03 %

A solar wind stream flowing from the indicated coronal hole could brush past Earth's magnetic field around Nov. 10th. Credit: SDO/AIA

edit on 8-11-2010 by innervision0730 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
ah I knew I'd find some additional info about this latest mega-filament here - thanks all for collating the info.

new topics

top topics

join