It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican "Change" & Democratic "Change" --AHHH! I feel like I am taking crazy pills!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I made this thread because it is getting laughable from both sides.

"Change..."

"New change.."

"We need a new face.."

"Time to change.."

It is driving me crazyyy!!!!!

Why do people still buy into this? And furthermore, they will defend it until the sun comes up.

I guess I blame it on parenting mostly, as if your parents are just total sheep you probably will be one too. (No offense).

Anyway, if you feel the same way, please say so here. If you don't, I would really like to hear how you think any one of these goons is going to change anything but the "To Statement" where the corporations write their checks.

How many generations of evolution in thinking are we going to need to break this roundabout circle of madness? I've about had it, and i can't even complain because I don't vote. Who the hell would I vote for anyway? Charlie Crist or that other guy? Both make me want to puke.

Good luck to us in America, we are going to need it.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dance4Life

I made this thread because it is getting laughable from both sides.

Why do people still buy into this?

How many generations of evolution in thinking are we going to need to break this roundabout circle of madness?

They buy into it because they don't have any other choice.

No worries - Within two years it should be done.

Failing that - It will be done.
edit on 2-11-2010 by In nothing we trust because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I second the crazy pills.

All I know is that basically nothing has seriously changed politically in my entire life.
The same unseen people continue to pull the strings. The mega-corporations are more in control than ever, and the banking system is rigged, as well as the political system.

Screw them all.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

The reset button aka 2012?

Something interesting better happen then. If not, oh well, time for more change in 2012.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by pirhanna

Should have either chosen

1) Lawyer

2) Lobbyist

as a career path. Apparently the only things that are always in high demand.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Dance4Life

What if you had a child with a health pre-existing condition and Obama care got you health care, and now the Republicans want to repeal that.

Perhaps some of us need to learn a little empathy

One may be secure now in a job or in their parent’s home but what happens when that all goes away?

Its issues people need to pay close attention to

If you don’t think politics matters ask the thousands of people layed off in New Jersey because the Governor cut the educational budget a billion dollars and stopped a tunnel they were building that layed of thousands more. He wants to be another Ronald Reagen and loves cutting taxes for the rich.

edit on 2-11-2010 by inforeal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by inforeal

I can feel empathetic for that.

But lets flip the coin.

What if Obama care does nothing for you except makes you pay another "tax". Not my opinion, but I am sure plenty have that view.

Why don't we just have universal healthcare?

Oh wait, that's crazy talk.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   

The reset button aka 2012?

They won't have a choice.

It's already been made for them.

Buckle down.

You ain't seen nothing yet.

It's about to get ugly.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7745cb0da3f9.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   

When rates increase in late 2011 or 2012 -> whenever Big Ben wants, thing will get interesting I agree. Although, I have been fooled before.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   

When rates increase in late 2011 or 2012 -> whenever Big Ben wants, thing will get interesting I agree. Although, I have been fooled before.

It doesn't matter what rates do.

They're all upside down.

They can't refinance even if they wanted to.

As they have done to the least, it will be done to them.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Trust in Christ, brother.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by inforeal

What if you had a child with a health pre-existing condition and Obama care got you health care, and now the Republicans want to repeal that.

Perhaps some of us need to learn a little empathy

One may be secure now in a job or in their parent’s home but what happens when that all goes away?

Its issues people need to pay close attention to

If you don’t think politics matters ask the thousands of people layed off in New Jersey because the Governor cut the educational budget a billion dollars and stopped a tunnel they were building that layed of thousands more. He wants to be another Ronald Reagen and loves cutting taxes for the rich.

edit on 2-11-2010 by inforeal because: (no reason given)

Funny how people always whine about being compassionate or showing empathy when it comes to spending other peoples money.

Read the Constitution kid, it would do you a world of good.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by BigTimeCheater

I mean why can't we just have universal healthcare like a civilized nation?

We could spend like 500 billion less on military expenditures. Nah..

Let's just get everyone in America fat as sin and have that impact everyone that pays insurance otherwise. See the people that have no insurance, their costs get passed on currently to the ones that do when they can't foot the bill. And none of them can.

Is that fair? Of course, because that is the industry.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   

We could spend like 500 billion less on military expenditures. Nah..

Let's just get everyone in America fat as sin and have that impact everyone that pays insurance otherwise. See the people that have no insurance, their costs get passed on currently to the ones that do when they can't foot the bill. And none of them can.

Is that fair? Of course, because that is the industry.

As I said before, nothing in the Constitution authorizes the use of public funds for healthcare. Dont like it? Well thats why there is an amendment process.

Not being forced to subsidize others doesnt make us uncivilized.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   

We are already doing that as I pointed out.

The costs are passed on to the current people that pay health insurance. I hold many licenses, health and life is one. Trust me, these [expletives] are evil.

So if we are already doing this in another form, why just not pass the legislature to make it all official and right? And I believe you are incorrect, it does make us uncivilized as we are more interested in corporations than the health of a fellow friend in need.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   

This has nothing to do with corporations, it is an issue of getting to keep what we earn and not have government take more and more of it in the scheme of redistributing it to subsidize others. There is no right to healthcare.

Incidentally, if we are "already doing it", then obviously there is no need to waste the time of the legislature to make it official right?
edit on 2-11-2010 by BigTimeCheater because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigTimeCheater

As I said before, nothing in the Constitution authorizes the use of public funds for healthcare.

If a nuclear bomb goes off in Washington D.C. who pays for the survivors healthcare?

It's kinda like a joke you see.
edit on 3-11-2010 by In nothing we trust because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by BigTimeCheater

This has nothing to do with corporations, it is an issue of getting to keep what we earn and not have government take more and more of it in the scheme of redistributing it to subsidize others. There is no right to healthcare.

Incidentally, if we are "already doing it", then obviously there is no need to waste the time of the legislature to make it official right?
edit on 2-11-2010 by BigTimeCheater because: (no reason given)

It is corporations. It is nothing else but corporations. I do not understand your point.

How would the government be earning more and more with universal healthcare? It would be like anything else, say Medicare. Are you against Medicare? I am sure, you don't know what you are talking about, no offense. I have been in this industry for quite a while and there is nothing but corporate interest blocking this.

I don't give a rats ass if there isn't an inherent right to health care. It isn't about that. It's about thinking ahead to the future, for once, just once think of someone less fortunate. Perhaps one day you will be put in a position I have seen many with no options at all. Hopefully you never see this. But if you did, I doubt you would be keeling over saying, "Well, I guess there is no right to healthcare" as you take your last gasps of air.

Your argument is a backwards one that has been crafted by corporate interests and the sad part is you don't even realize it.
edit on 3-11-2010 by Dance4Life because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   

There is a pretty good chance I have been in the Constitutional law realm as long as you have been in the healthcare industry, and yes, I am opposed to Medicare as well, on Constitutional grounds.

Article 1 Section 8 specifically states what public funds may be used for, and healthcare simply isnt one of them.

I think of people less fortunate when I choose which charities I donate to, I certainly dont need the government making that choice for me.

The grim reality is life is unfair, and no amount of meddling by a governmental body is going to change that. Healthcare is a service, and if someone cant afford a service, then they shouldnt receive it, and certainly not at the expense of others.

I despise corporations and sure as hell disagree with any court ruling deeming them as having the same rights as a person. It's a little arrogant of you to assume you know what has shaped my opinions. Arrogant and foolhardy.

You simply cant accept the fact people can think for themselves and come up with opinions that differ from yours can you? Thats a huge sign of either ignorance or immaturity. I will let you decide which one you are.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   

No, it is the "change" in mentality that people need. That is real change.

The whole healthcare industry is F'd and it remains the worst in the world. It needs "changed". It is the right thing to do. Do things because it is right, not because we have not "inherited" this right.

But anyway, yes I do feel that your views are shaped by corporations unfortunately, but I know where you are coming from as it is by the book so to speak.

Sometimes, even if you don't have to, you should hold the door open for the next person if you know what I mean. Regardless if they thank you or not.

This is quite a tangent from my original point in my thread though.

Have a nice evening.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join