It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what will the political stale mate mean?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
in some ways i believe that at this point in american history our government getting nothing done is better than passing more of what bush started and obama continued. what was the last thing positive my government has actually done?
i can't think of anything.
is this attitude wrong?

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

Change is inevitable.

IMO, it is best when these stalemates occur. Gives us time to "sleep on" the changes to see if the change could take a better path.

i.e. no bills being bumrushed through.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
There just might not be a stale mate if Darryl Issa gets his way. Impeachment charges may be used as leverage. Issa has been screaming the "I" word for 2 years now and it may well work in the Republicans favor.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
It means the Obama can not continue to implement his destructive agenda.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

agreed, i'm actually looking forward to this.
i've not been a supporter since the repubs basically took over, but the tea party has done good in the long run.
i haven't seen much about 3rd part percentage, but i'm hoping it's higher than it's been.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erica1631
There just might not be a stale mate if Darryl Issa gets his way. Impeachment charges may be used as leverage. Issa has been screaming the "I" word for 2 years now and it may well work in the Republicans favor.

i wish i could agree with this, but anyone getting to close to the 'i' word will most likely commit suicide by shooting themselves in the back of the head a few times.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
It means the Obama can not continue to implement his destructive agenda.

ah, obama has basically continued what bush and others started.
it's not just his agenda, it is a plan that has been in the works for many years.

new topics

top topics

join