It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Happening in the sky right now at my house.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I am seeing a bunch of red balls in the sky. typically I write them off as stars, untill this time one went across the sky. And then the weirdest thing of all happened. I was driving on my way home just now from picking my wife up at work and we both witnessed a star, or what I thought was a star turn super bright, and then slowly dim. I can still see what I seen but it is dim and hasnt moved.
Question 1.) Do stars suddenly get super bright and then dim.
Question 2.) Anyone else seeing these Orangeish colored balls of light?
Now before you say to take pics, I dont have a good enough camera to capture these. I tried taking a pic but the objects arent turning up in them as they are too far away. And the brightening star, or whatever it was, it happened too fast to think about getting a pic while I was driving. I live in a town of 500 people.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by l0rds0fcha0s

science.nasa.gov...

You are lucky

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
odd. I know that stars will go into a supernova when they die, and they will become extremely bright, and then start fading out. But i dont know how quickly this occurs, ie how fast they become bright then dim. I also dont know if they stay dim for a long time. Seems interesting enough though, probably is a star

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
it's probably the hartley id's. the other night hartley decided to spit a couple of fire balls at us... they said we'd have a meteor shower on the fourth, then they changed it to the 2nd and 3rd.. wish i could have seen them.. good looking out though..
edit on 2-11-2010 by notsofast because: 'cuz

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Stars can actually get brighter and dimmer due to their distances and light speed. Also could be clouds or mist in between you and it in space. On the other hand might just be some kind of paranormal activity of extra-terrestrials. What happens when we have the technology to actually fly up and discover what it is?

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by AuirOverrun

It's possible it could've been that but many of these orange balls arent moving much, if at all. It wasnt streaking across the sky it was going slowly. And as for the bightening star. I just seen 3 planes go underneath it, and spilt up(the planes)
EDIT: After looking up Hartley. What I seen did look similar to this, but I'm still stunned by it dimming and it stillbeing there.

edit on 11/2/2010 by l0rds0fcha0s because: Edit to add photo

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Well I normally don't get too excited by things, as you can see from the last time I posted, like a year ago, so that kinda explains how excited I got upon seeing what I saw. I think this case may be solved.
But while I got this thread open maybe someone can tell me what the odd numbers and letters are in the avatar?
edit on 11/2/2010 by l0rds0fcha0s because: add on

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I used to live on the island of Maui, in Hawaii. One night I could'nt sleep so I was sitting out on my lanai and star watching. I began to see some of the stars (maybe 8) moving, darting quickly, up, down, sideways, changing colors, pink, green, blue and appeared to flashing beams of different colored light at each other.

I rubbed my eyes, put in eye drops but it was still happening. It 2:30 am, nobody to call. Next day I told all my freinds and some thought I was seeing things. It was August 1998, some said I was seeing a meteor shower, but I've never seen meteors do that. Others opined about the Haleakala military installation and star wars, you know Reagan's "Stragetic Defense Initiative" that supposedly didn't happen.

Anyway, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
so is this the green comet ..the agency have warnt us?

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by l0rds0fcha0s
Question 1.) Do stars suddenly get super bright and then dim.

Yes, but they’re not really stars, they’re satellites. Its called an Iridium Flare.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Many stars are what known as Variable Stars Algol in the constellation of Perseus is a classic example it's name translated from Arabic apparently means *the winking demon's eye*. There can be two reasons for these stars brightness appearing to change. One, it is part of an eclipsing binary system and has a another dimmer star in orbit around that passes in front and the brighter star appears to dim.. Two the star's actual output fluctuates. In reality, you won;t see these changes just observing the star over a small period of time.

As others have pointed out, atmospheric conditions can lead to stars changing in their brightness, but stars do not move. Although if you stare at a star long enough the mind does often play a trick where it seems to move. However they rarely move any great distance in someone's filed of vision.

the brightest object, that looks like a star in the Northern sky right now, i believe is Jupiter.. how bright in comparison to that was the object, if you noticed it?

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

I know that stars don't move, and a lot of people did say I was seeing things. But they were moving, in angles!
(That's my story, aisti) I don't think they WERE stars.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
'I know that stars don't move'.............

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Then id suggest you find a map of the night sky where you are and annotate that for yourself with what you saw. if nothing else it will help work through the experience in your own head. Or, tomorrow night, take a photograph from where you saw the lights and then annotate that to show what you saw.

Personally, I'm happy when anyone is willing to say... Can anyone explain what i just saw? So i thank you for sharing.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

I'm not really sure if you're talking to me or not, but if you are...........

It was 1998 and I WAS living on Maui, I'm now in California and after 11 years, I think the stars have moved. I appreciate that you're trying to help with logic, ........TMSAISTI

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by l0rds0fcha0s

Without some kind of visual indication of what your seeing, all your going to get is speculation, which i know you already said in a previous post. Just try to be ready if it ever happens again and then post some pics or a vid.

Unless your stisfyed that these were just stars in which case dont bother.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
The SOHO Telescope Lasco C3 image yesterday had several objects swerving in the image.

Amazing how bodies traveling in space at high speed can turn their steering wheels so sharp.

NASA must have laid off the guy that usually puts big black blocks over the images to hide them.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
thats cool.....i wish i got to see them...i dont know if it was a star...when it comes to viewing stars we have to remember that we are actually viewing the star from its past as it takes a long time for its light to get here....like it takes 8 minutes for the suns rays to hit earth type deal.....anyways...to bad you couldnt get a picture very interesting though.

new topics

top topics

join