It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi is goneeee!!!!!!!

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
They're not going to accomplish anything for the American people, only big business.
They're going to force bush's tax cuts through for the super rich.
They're going to attempt impeachment of obama.
They're going to start privatizing everything including Social Security, so they can use the money to gamble with and make the big wall street players even more money.
They're going to attempt to trick WE THE PEOPLE into the idea that healthcare savings accounts are better than health insurance.
They're going to stop as many of obama's programs as possible regardless of whether or not they're good for the American people.
They're going to refuse to work with the obama administration on almost anything but they'll demand everything.

These are my predictions. Keep them in mind. If they come true, we'll be screwed but at least the super rich and mega-corps will be doing GREAT !!! Thanks to all those who voted for them

You are right on the money. The simply boring factof politics is the complete Bankruptcy of the ruling class ideology. All that we receive is variations on bankrupt ideas. This is the real resaon why Obama won the lections he offered something DIFFERENT. Whether or not something new comes out will be identified by history.

Many poor people needed healthcare so he had a populist ticket. When things get really bad civil unrest will follow. Obama also wanted top end the war which is another good idea.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
tiger5 I'm afraid you're right. The decline of the economy will worsen, just as it had under Bush 2. Although this time Republicans will direct the anger of the worsening economy toward the Democrats even more than in the past. I fear they'll whip up so much anger that people will physically attack Democrats with violence.

It will only be until things are much, much worse economically that people will consider that both parties serve only the powerful banks and corporations and realize that the govt. has sold them into financial servitude. At that point it will require all common people to come together to break from the banking system, or do something to capture the attention of the money masters and our govt.

The wild card in all this between now and the 2012 elections will be that people are becoming more financially starved and may react more dramatically out of fear. A run on banks and a majority of people walking away from their mortgages can drop the market to even lower levels than in the 2009 crash. The regular consumer is 70% of the economy, and with less money than before this recovery will be very long and may have some unexpected major swings.

Heck, when Tony Robbins, a motivational speaker, offers words of caution you know things are bad.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
To take a line from Pelossi, we had to put the republicans back in charge of the House, so we could figure out what they're going to do.

I hope their first task at hand is to start working on shelfing or dismantling Obummers healthcare bill!

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by mark-in-dallas
To take a line from Pelossi, we had to put the republicans back in charge of the House, so we could figure out what they're going to do.

I hope their first task at hand is to start working on shelfing or dismantling Obummers healthcare bill!

Speaking form someone who has health care... naturally.

I was working the night of the elections and two men were speaking at the bar. They called me over...Do you have health care, one of them asked me. No I don't. I am in the restaurant business. Nobody has health care in this field if you are not working for one of the large corporations....and they are not hiring.

See? I told you one said to the other.
After the one man walked away the one left said his son was in the restaurant business and did not have health care. He came down with something, did not go into detail but could not afford to see a doctor and so let it go. His son died.
I know another man who was left with two teenage boys to care for because his wife could not afford the regular mammogram that was needed to catch and cure her cancer in time. I know another woman who died in her 50's for this same reason.

I can tell you something right now...no matter what the Reptillians oh sorry, I mean Republicans, promise you...Health Care is not going anywhere.

And you can take that to the bank.

Like Charlton Heston and his gun.
People already have their hands on it...they like it, they are keeping it.
John with the Boehner is going to have to remove it from our cold dead hands.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
Hope you guys all didn't like the 1st, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 11th, 13th, 14th, 15th, 16th, 17th, 19th, 21st, 24th, & 26th, Amendments. Cause they are all about to be completely destroyed by the Right.

I think you'll find it's the left that are big and into destroying the constitution...

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by WatchRider

Hope you guys all didn't like the 1st, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 11th, 13th, 14th, 15th, 16th, 17th, 19th, 21st, 24th, & 26th, Amendments. Cause they are all about to be completely destroyed by the Right.

I think you'll find it's the left that are big and into destroying the constitution...

Got proof? It seems more lately it's the right that's been passing more things that's against the constitution than the left. You know like suspending habeas corpus, the patriot act, and the American version of the Nazi ss you know homeland security.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Got proof? It seems more lately it's the right that's been passing more things that's against the constitution than the left. You know like suspending habeas corpus, the patriot act, and the American version of the Nazi ss you know homeland security.

I am neither a fan of the right or the left, but with the left you have gun control, healthcare, more and more income redistribution schemes, etc etc.

Each side destroys the Constitution in their own special way.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain
Nobody has health care in this field if you are not working for one of the large corporations....and they are not hiring.

100% wrong. I have worked at numerous higher end bars and restaurants and almost all of them have offered some sort of insurance. It may not have been cheap, but it was always available. None of them were a chain or corporate store either.

After the one man walked away the one left said his son was in the restaurant business and did not have health care. He came down with something, did not go into detail but could not afford to see a doctor and so let it go. His son died.
I know another man who was left with two teenage boys to care for because his wife could not afford the regular mammogram that was needed to catch and cure her cancer in time. I know another woman who died in her 50's for this same reason.

Nice talking points, but I believe you are lying. It seems supporters of this unconstitutional piece of crap known as health care reform always have some sort of anecdotal stories, but oddly enough they can never be backed up. Nobody dies from a lack of health insurance. You will never see "lack of health insurance" listed as the cause of death on a death certificate.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by BigTimeCheater

Big time Phony too:

Nice talking points, but I believe you are lying.

I know you are big time lying and doing it deliberately to mislead people into believing it is ok and fiscally responsible to be as ruthless, callous and unfeeling, as you are. It is foolish, impractical and bad money management as well. We pay for the poor who receive treatment and then walk out on their bill. You must be in one of the "insurance fields" that sucks this money up at the expense of sick people.

100% wrong. I have worked at numerous higher end bars and restaurants and almost all of them have offered some sort of insurance.

Name them. I think you are full of shlt. Unless they have over 150 employees, it isn't happening.

It seems supporters of this unconstitutional piece of crap known as health care reform always have some sort of anecdotal stories

And it seems detractors of the first legislation that extends practical and usable help to Americans, will go to any lengths, including defamation and lies to progress an evil, sick and heartless agenda.
Will stop at nothing even trolling websites, to convince Americans we don't deserve reasonably priced health care like the rest of the free world. You wish to prevent people from visiting a medical professional, unless they pay exorbitant fees to their employer and to an insurance company middleman.

You will never see "lack of health insurance" listed as the cause of death on a death certificate.

The only bit of truth.
How refreshing and totally out of character.
Yet, NOT saying this on a death certificate, doesn't mean it wasn't true.

edit on 7-11-2010 by rusethorcain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Lefties don't start wars over oil and use young men's lives as little more than staples in a stapler... to seal up their wealth and fortunes under the guise of American security.
Why don't you check out who owns the oil?
Why not check out some of these threads..popular now.
The last is a new one but bound to take off too!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Remember the Patriot Act?
Shredded our Constitution like confetti.
Where was your 2 cents then?

edit on 7-11-2010 by rusethorcain because: added link

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Bottom line, Obama, Pelosi and company won, and won big.

They knew that their legislative agenda would cause an electoral loss, so they went for everything they could get. Now health care, financial reform, etc. are in and the GOP will not dare take them away. In the long run the voters will be grateful.

Republicans, you have lost.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Name them. I think you are full of shlt. Unless they have over 150 employees, it isn't happening.

Again, you are wrong.

Stripsteak, Las Vegas NV
Commanders Palace, Las Vegas, NV
Bouchons, Las Vegas, NV
Mastro's Steakhouse, Scottsdale, AZ
Restaurant Guy Savoy, Las Vegas, NV

Need more? Now, how about you U2U me the names and contact info of the people you claimed you knew in your previous post? Their information will remain private, and will only be used to verify your story.

And it seems detractors of the first legislation that extends practical and usable help to Americans, will go to any lengths, including defamation and lies to progress an evil, sick and heartless agenda.
Will stop at nothing even trolling websites, to convince Americans we don't deserve reasonably priced health care like the rest of the free world. You wish to prevent people from visiting a medical professional, unless they pay exorbitant fees to their employer and to an insurance company middleman.

And it seems supporters of it completely ignore the unconstitutionality of it. Why is that? Speaking of trolling, that is all you are doing with the posts in this thread.

People are free to pay cash to doctors, insurance is not required.

When can I expect that U2U so that your story may be verified?
edit on 7-11-2010 by BigTimeCheater because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Like I'm moving to Vegas.
Pelosi ain't gone. Lets stay on topic.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

Just admit you were wrong.

Now, when can I expect that U2U in order to verify YOUR story?

It's safe to assume you were just lying, nothing surprising about that.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigTimeCheater
reply to post by rusethorcain

Just admit you were wrong.

Now, when can I expect that U2U in order to verify YOUR story?

It's safe to assume you were just lying, nothing surprising about that.

It isn't safe to assume anything of the kind because I never lie.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   

It isn't safe to assume anything of the kind because I never lie.

Of course you do.

Let me refresh your memory:

You said:

Nobody has health care in this field if you are not working for one of the large corporations....and they are not hiring.

I provided you sources to prove you wrong, and your response was "I'm not moving to Vegas"

Now, when will you provide the relevant info to verify your story?

I'll save you the time here. You cant verify it because you lied.

You trotted out the standard stories people try to use as sob stories in order to defend an unconstitutional program.

Refusing to admit you lied and are wrong is symptomatic of a sociopath.

Keep lying to yourself if it helps you sleep at night, but no one actually buys your BS. You just believe they do to make yourself feel better.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   

I am curious what kind of health coverage is offered at these places and to which employees. Not because I am looking to get into this argument between you two and take a side but just as an aside, I worked in a bar that did indeed offer a health care plan. It was a mere $850 a month. Since I cleared between $1000 and $1200 a month and my rent alone was $650 at the time, we can all do the math. But at least the place I worked at counted as offering health coverage for employees.
edit on 11/7/10 by Curiousisall because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Curiousisall

It varied. Some were high priced, and some were actually very affordable.

It seems to relate to the type of place actually. The real high end places, like Restaurant Guy Savoy, offered outstanding coverage at a very affordable price. They realize that in order to attract the absolute highest quality employees, they had to offer more than anyone else.

IMO, they did an excellent job and everyone generally seemed happy with the benefits provided. I believe the highest price I saw for decent insurance was around $500, and that was at Commanders Palace. Awesome restaurant, unfortunately they ended up closing due to a horrible location in what was the Aladdin, and is now Planet Hollywood. Rumor has it they will open in a different location in Vegas when the economy springs back to life.
edit on 7-11-2010 by BigTimeCheater because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by mark-in-dallas

I find it hilarious that you think the Healthcare the Democrats proposed has more impact on you or the economy over the fake wars we've been in with Afghanistan and Iraq. These 2 wars have cost us nearly 2 trillion and could have paid for the healthcare for everyone for the next 50 years. Healthcare creates jobs and imperialistic wars destroy jobs by spending on stuff that doesn't grow the economy. Currency collapses are usually caused by unbridled spending by govt's on war, not social services like healthcare.

Funny, you're worried about the govt. helping it's citizens with healthcare since we're the only first-world nation that doesn't. Other first-world nations have done it for years and they're not in worse financial shape than we are.

Being that you degenerated your argument to name calling (Obummers healthcare bill!) I'll bet you just take your talking points from the extremists in the media. It might pay for you to show some independant thinking and explore things more thoroughly and stop the immature name calling and learn the true nature of what is taking the biggest bite out of your wallet (hint, it won't be the new healthcare costs).

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Right, Left, Republicans, Democrats, Bush, Obama...this is what the powerful financial people want you to spend your time looking at while they take everything from you. No one seems to know that the US govt. doesn't print the US Dollar. The US govt. makes a request and the Federal Reserve prints it. Yes, a private company, not the US govt.! And because this private company is not part of our govt, they charge an upfront 6% fee for every dollar printed. It doesn't stop there. When that dollar goes into a bank, that bank can take the dollar in and lend out 10 dollars. And if that 10 dollars goes to another bank, that bank can loan out 100 dollars. And if that 100 dollars is put in another bank, that bank can loan out 1000 dollars...and so on. This a fractional banking and all banks do it Do you see who really has the power and money?

Forget wasting your time on Pelosi. You're more at risk of becoming a financial indentured servent under either party.

Please watch this video to see how money is made and works, and maybe you'll see the big picture in a new light.

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22 >>

join