It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi is goneeee!!!!!!!

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
there is a god in heaven and praying to aqua buddah has paid off

my friends nancy pelsoi is long goneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

its a great day for america i say

gop will have the majority in the house and that means mr john beohner wil be our next speaker of the house!!!!

unless i have misunderstood the news.

clarification is welcome and feel free to share your thoughts of the 2010 election.

edit on 2-11-2010 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

Although I'm glad pelosi is gone, the only people that should be happy about the gop win are the super rich and the corporations. Unless you fall into one of those 2 categories, consider yourself screwed. Republicans aren't even hiding their agenda anymore yet people still vote for them ?!?!?!? WTF???

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by negativenihil
So when can we expect everything to be perfect in America? 2 months? 8?

This new House majority better hit the ground running and start making things better without delay. I for one will be holding them to the same standards and time tables they've held the President to.

Absolutely ! If you're super rich or a big corp. or even better a big foreign corp., everything will be GREAT !!!
If you're you or me...well that's a different story.

Big corps have been more liquid than any other time in America's history yet no job creation.
Big corps will be getting their tax breaks and they've claimed that if they do, they'll hire....Although they will get their tax breaks now, they won't hire. WE THE PEOPLE shouldn't forget that !

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Sadly I don't think it's going to bring the troops back home

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Only two heart beats away...only two...
only two...

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by mythatsabigprobe

Who do you think was behind the big push? Are we to believe that your suggestion that Hank Paulson, though was one of the masterminds, passed the bill himself within the halls of Congress? You seriously need to read up on Banking Committee Chairman Christopher Dodd. He was the Senator within Congress that pushed the bill through for the masterminds. Talk about a false reality? With your logic, the D's are innocent of any wrong doings?

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jfj123

Originally posted by neo96
there is a god in heaven and praying to aqua buddah has paid off

my friends nancy pelsoi is long goneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

its a great day for america i say

gop will have the majority in the house and that means mr john beohner wil be our next speaker of the house!!!!

unless i have misunderstood the news.

clarification is welcome and feel free to share your thoughts of the 2010 election.

edit on 2-11-2010 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

Although I'm glad pelosi is gone, the only people that should be happy about the gop win are the super rich and the corporations. Unless you fall into one of those 2 categories, consider yourself screwed. Republicans aren't even hiding their agenda anymore yet people still vote for them ?!?!?!? WTF???

Oh, OK. And I suppose you were a member of one of the big unions? Because they got huge payoffs from Obama and the 'stimulus' pork. All repayment for their election help.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by negativenihil
So when can we expect everything to be perfect in America? 2 months? 8?

This new House majority better hit the ground running and start making things better without delay. I for one will be holding them to the same standards and time tables they've held the President to.

Absolutely ! If you're super rich or a big corp. or even better a big foreign corp., everything will be GREAT !!!
If you're you or me...well that's a different story.

Big corps have been more liquid than any other time in America's history yet no job creation.
Big corps will be getting their tax breaks and they've claimed that if they do, they'll hire....Although they will get their tax breaks now, they won't hire. WE THE PEOPLE shouldn't forget that !

Not for nuthin, but...

Just FYI, no corp, or ma and pa shop, is under ANY obligation to supply you with a job. That's the problem with the cradle-to-grave attitude put forth by liberals. And they DO hire when they expand....maybe overseas, but they do hire. It's impossible not to hire, unless they rely totally on technology. But their first obligation is to their shareholders.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

Ok, then by that logic, why the hell should we give them any tax breaks at all? If they aren't contributing to the economy by hiring people even though they are now profitable and therefore should by any reasonable business model expand, why should we cut them any breaks?

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

Ok, then by that logic, why the hell should we give them any tax breaks at all? If they aren't contributing to the economy by hiring people even though they are now profitable and therefore should by any reasonable business model expand, why should we cut them any breaks?

Because the reality is, they DO hire locally, which adds to more families spending and paying taxes. More small businesses are spawned to support them. Society as a whole has a net gain.

Scenarios where a large corp moves in, gets huge tax breaks, and gives nothing back to the community just do not happen. Unless, of course, the town is run by incompetent fools.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   

I guess you never heard of Wal-mart? I know, I know, they give back right? They hire cashiers and stockboys. I guess I just need someone to explain to me how running a local store out of business and then offering the owner, manager, and all other employees of that buisness a minimum wage job for their trouble? Thanks Wal-mart. Instead of running his own business and making enough money to give back, he is not just poor enough to have to shop at Walmart- where much of his money now goes off to China, never to be seen again.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas
Not for nuthin, but...

Just FYI, no corp, or ma and pa shop, is under ANY obligation to supply you with a job. That's the problem with the cradle-to-grave attitude put forth by liberals. And they DO hire when they expand....maybe overseas, but they do hire. It's impossible not to hire, unless they rely totally on technology. But their first obligation is to their shareholders.

True but fair trade practices instead of free trade practices would be more likely to keep those jobs at home as opposed to overseas.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Oh, OK. And I suppose you were a member of one of the big unions?

Nope.

Because they got huge payoffs from Obama and the 'stimulus' pork. All repayment for their election help.

Huh? Are you serious? The unions are almost gone.
Time to get off the limbaugh bandwagon.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scoriada
Only two heart beats away...only two...
only two...

Why don't you just come out and say it?

disgusting.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Curiousisall

I guess you never heard of Wal-mart? I know, I know, they give back right? They hire cashiers and stockboys. I guess I just need someone to explain to me how running a local store out of business and then offering the owner, manager, and all other employees of that buisness a minimum wage job for their trouble? Thanks Wal-mart. Instead of running his own business and making enough money to give back, he is not just poor enough to have to shop at Walmart- where much of his money now goes off to China, never to be seen again.

I know plenty of people who work at big bad meany WalMart. All of them make more than minimum wage, most have health benefits, and they have steady jobs. WalMart and it's affiliates pay hundreds of millions of dollars in taxes to state and local municipalities every year, in addition to donating products, labor, and services in many ways for many causes.

As for China, when you can give me a reason to pay $100 for a pair of sneakers just because they were made in the US, instead of paying $20 for the equivalent made in China, I'll be pocketing that extra $80 for my family, thank you.

I also know plenty of whiney people who bemoan the big bad wolf that is WalMart. They somehow think that WM owes them a high paying job or full health and retirement benefits or this and that for what amounts to manual labor. But that is not big business, my friend, that is not reality. Most businesses would gladly be in WM's shoes, if they could.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Oh, OK. And I suppose you were a member of one of the big unions?

Nope.

Because they got huge payoffs from Obama and the 'stimulus' pork. All repayment for their election help.

Huh? Are you serious? The unions are almost gone.
Time to get off the limbaugh bandwagon.

Oh really? The unions are almost gone?

SEIU has 2.2 million members. Here are some more factoids:

Some highlights from the 2009 data are:

--More public sector employees (7.9 million) belonged to a
union than did private sector employees (7.4 million),
despite there being 5 times more wage and salary workers
in the private sector.

--Workers in education, training, and library occupations
had the highest unionization rate at 38.1 percent.

--Black workers were more likely to be union members than
were white, Asian, or Hispanic workers.

--Among states, New York had the highest union membership
rate (25.2 percent) and North Carolina had the lowest
rate (3.1 percent).

www.bls.gov...

Time for you to deny ignorance.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clisen33
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Not to take sides or anything but, Obama supporters were rejoicing when Obama took office - probably some of the worst lemmings mentality ever.

Yes they were rejoicing when Obama took office, and I was happy the Democrats were in because finally there was chance to getting universal healthcare in. However in 2009 they failed to perform as a party and in turn were rightfully voted out. I make no bones about that fact, neither do I deny that there were Obama supporters who will support the Democrats regardless. Now with that said, the celebrations about the Republicans getting in, well that is just astounding. We should'nt be celebrating that this nation finds it ok to vote corrupted established parties back in, because this is what this really was.

Are you just disgruntled that key positions were replaced with Republicans?

Yes I am, I actually believe the Republicans were mostly responsable for the mess this country is in. I believe the Democrats, most of them, are of the same agenda as the Republicans. I am disgruntled that this country didn't move forward beyond both parties after their performances. Why aren't you?
edit on 4-11-2010 by Southern Guardian because: fixed

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   

I know plenty of people who work at big bad meany WalMart. All of them make more than minimum wage, most have health benefits, and they have steady jobs.

How many of them are economics professors because you are clearly not. How many of them make the same money they made when they owned the hardware shop across the street that had to close because of Walmart? Sorry but your entire post was basically written from the point of view of a 17 year old that has an older brother that works at walmart. You did not even actually address any of what I pointed out, you danced around it with ignorant statements about how you want cheaper stuff. Go get your cheaper stuff. Someday you can be a cashier too because you sure as hell will not be able to open your own store. The fact that you do not even remotely understand what this actually does to the economy on a local and national level scares me. When you eliminate good paying jobs and only offer much lower paying ones and then put people in a position where they can only buy imported goods out of neccesity, WE ALL LOSE. You will see when you get older. Tell your friends hi.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
It's really extremely hard for me to believe this was, once upon a time, Nancy Pelosi.

Any truth to this?

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

This a repubic thread? Pelosi's a genius even to the cost of her Speaker appointment. God bless that Woman who gave it all to help the Middle class Americans. Read most of the posts on this thread and know some or most are either rich or just follow negative clues.

Seems to me so sad. She was a pretty-good leader. I only hope Nancy doesn't retire.

Two years from now, you gotcha-gotcha people watch. House will come back to power and hopefully Nancy will be in it to see it.

Decoy

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Decoy

You've got to be freakin' kiddin' me.

Please explain the logic behind this Pelosi statement.

vid

...and this one where she calls the Tea Party an astroturf movement

more

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join