It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi is goneeee!!!!!!!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

Originally posted by neo96
its a great day for america i say

Just to add, I do believe the Democrats deserved to lose after their inability to get the country moving with a filibuster proof majority in 2009, but anybody who celebrates a republican win as a great thing for America needs to stop and rethink their political agenda behind such a statement.

SG ...please explain...at no time did the Democrats have a filibuster proof majority of 60.

Am I confused or are you? See here and countless other news sources...

en.wikipedia.org...

That said...interesting times. The next 2 years will be the GOP vs. the GOP, Romney vs. Palin, Actual Policy vs. Obstructionism as a tactic to take the white house in 2012v etc.

Pelosi was a poor choice...Boehner in reality is a moderate, but has been echoing the far right for political purposes. He will speak the TP language while advocating more cooperation with the POTUS behind the scenes. The question will be which way the GOP goes. It's a Palin vs. Romney battle...a TP idealogy vs establishment fight.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas
So, go for it. Let's hear what you have on Boehner.

Waiting...

Sorry to make you wait, I was out exercising my dogs.

He's TIGHT with many Lobbyists
He's Corporate America'a Man in Washington!
He wants to Raise the SS Retirement age to 70
He's Pro-Bush, Pro-Corporation, Pro-Teacher-Led Prayer, Pro-Oil, Pro-Patriot Act, Pro-Military, Anti-gay, Anti-choice, Anti-Energy Independence, Anti-Environment
And he plays golf more than Obama!

This guy is archetypal NEO-Con! Have fun with him!

I'm no Pelosi fan, but to rejoice that she's gone and being replaced by someone worse just doesn't make sense to me. It's the same old Democrat vs. Republican BS and people are happy about it! That just amazes me.

link   
Maybe the Republicans in this thread should be reminded of some key rhetorical tools at the Democrats' disposal. It is important to remember that as a party that generally runs on a 'slave morality,' the Democrats usually perform better when they are under pressure. They never do seem to take advantage of the situation when they are in power, not the same way that the GOP uses political power to demolish their enemies before the campaign season starts.

When the GOP won the House majority in 1994, Clinton still succeeded in getting re-elected. Remember this. When the GOP is able to block the Democrats' bills in Congress, the Democrats ratchet up their rhetoric to paint the GOP as 'obstructionists.' They already used this rhetoric when the GOP stood against the health care reforms, but it will be much more effective when the GOP is actually able to obstruct bills as they did in the 90s.

This will paint the GOP as the bad guys at the same time they are preventing the Democrats from actually achieving anything. This means that the Dems will have ample complaints against the GOP, but the GOP will have little to complain about regarding the Democrats. Congress will achieve nothing, the GOP will be blamed, and Obama will probably sail into a second term thanks to his increasing prowess with foreign affairs and the decay of the GOP into two main camps. His second term will be fraught with GOP traps and tricks, and in the end he will leave office battered, but intact. Just like Clinton.

Then we get another Bush (Jeb?)

link   

Originally posted by Logarock
No this is like coming up for air after being held underwater is all. I never held the president to any of his time tables.

I think you may have misunderstood my post.

I'm not talking about time tables created by Obama... I'm talking about the unreasonable time tables the Republican minority held him to in terms of fixing the economy. You do recall the various Republican talking points mocking "Change/Hope" from the moment he was elected and took office, right?

"How's that hopey-changing thing workin' out for ya?" is the first example to come to mind.

Whats good for the goose is good for the gander.
edit on 3-11-2010 by negativenihil because: clarification

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain

Originally posted by neo96
there is a god in heaven and praying to aqua buddah has paid off

my friends nancy pelsoi is long goneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

its a great day for america i say

gop will have the majority in the house and that means mr john beohner wil be our next speaker of the house!!!!

unless i have misunderstood the news.

clarification is welcome and feel free to share your thoughts of the 2010 election.

edit on 2-11-2010 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

History will view Nancy Pelosi as one of the best and most effective Speakers of the House in American history.
I just called her ...to tell her exactly that.
Thanks for reminding me to show appreciation when appreciation is due.
She hasn't won any popularity contests with the racist, misogynist, homophobic....but I happen to LIKE women and children and personal freedoms...so her agenda was fine by me.
She will be missed.

History will view her as one of the DUMBEST POLITICIANS EVER. what happened to the jobs she was supposed to help create? cuz I sure havent seen any.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by BigTimeCheater
reply to post by TheDebunkMachine

Huh? Pelosi was 100% worthless.

There has never been a bigger waste of blood and tissue than Nancy Pelosi.

Hopefully we hear about her funeral soon.

People would be out in the streets throwing parties.

Seriously??? Elections aren't sufficient for you? You want people to die?

I think Pelosi is a bad politician and was ill suited to be speaker of the house...But you are an ignorant dufus and represent the faction of the TP and far right that the general public finds ugly and intolerant. You do your cause damage.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by negativenihil

Oh Please, don't say that; let's not wait two years and have them still blaming their predecessor, fortunately I doubt this will happen as Boehner seems to actually represent the People!
It's going to be difficult enough with barry calling/believing them and us to be the enemy and especially since harry didn't get the axe (I'm shocked some people get voted in again and again!!!!

edit on 3-11-2010 by AmericanDaughter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by PatriotsPride
reply to post by neo96

Thank God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOT! GOd.

It was US who made it Happen US THE PEOPLE>>> we are waking up.. from the matrix

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

I dont represent anyone, nor any party. I despise republicans as much as I do democrats.

Lets be honest here, Pelosi is a cancer on humanity.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas
So, go for it. Let's hear what you have on Boehner.

Waiting...

I'll take a swing at that..

He handed out checks from Big Tobacco to fellow Senators on the Senate Floor right before a vote...

Don't believe me? Here he is admitting it...

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

The illiterate hate her...I can see that pretty definitively.
Her investments in education come none too soon!

If you hate students, veterans, women, children, education, health care, energy security and victims of hate crimes - of course naturally, you will despise the woman.

Though for a "cancer on society" she seems to be working in the opposite direction...Brainiacs

children's health care legislation (SCHIP) providing health care for 11 million American children

the toughest ethics reform legislation in the history of the Congress

increase in the minimum wage for the first time in 10 years

the largest college aid expansion since the GI bill in more than 60 years,

the largest increase in veterans health care funding in the 77-year history of the Veterans Administration

a new GI education bill for veterans of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars

American Recovery and Reinvestment Act - saved millions of American jobs, provided relief for American families, and provided a tax cut to 95 percent of working Americans

health insurance reform - provides insurance for 32 million more Americans- lowering health care costs over the long term... reduce the deficit by $143 billion over the next ten years, provide Americans with affordable insurance choices and strengthen Medicare.

enacting comprehensive energy legislation in 2007 that raised vehicle fuel efficiency standards for the first time in 32 years and making an historic commitment to American home grown biofuels.

the Student Aid and Fiscal Responsibility Act – the single largest investment in aid in history. The law reforms the system of federal student loans to save taxpayers $87 billion – and then invests $77 billion of those savings back into education, by making college more affordable for millions more students.

Also in the 111th Congress, the House and Senate passed the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act to restore the ability of women and all workers to access our judicial system to fight pay discrimination

national service legislation, expanding national volunteerism opportunities.

Congress also passed a budget that builds a new foundation for economic growth, creates jobs, cuts taxes for middle-income Americans and invests in health care, clean energy and excellence in education.

hate crimes legislation, protecting Americans against violence based on sexual orientation, race, religion, gender, national origin, disability, or gender identity.

landmark American Clean Energy and Security Act – a comprehensive bill to create clean energy jobs, combat climate change, and transition America to cleaner, renewable, American power sources.

The last is held up in the Senate - thanks to notable detractors...but still...

Not too shabby....for a "cancer on humanity"

edit on 3-11-2010 by rusethorcain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Nice going Nancy...set the womens movement back to the stone-age!

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   

I dont represent anyone, nor any party. I despise republicans as much as I do democrats.

LOL...no you don't. I have only read your posts from today in two threads...but it is clear you have a big red R stamped on your forehead.

Why try to lie to yourself???

link   

Hopefully we hear about her funeral soon.

People would be out in the streets throwing parties.
I knew I saved that bottle of champagne for a very special occasion.YIPEE,and then 6 months from now we'll be wanting her back!lifes a b*t^H

link   
reply to post by mishigas

How about another corrupted politicrap in the pockets of big interest in the nation, now can you disprove that . . . how about any politirat in congress regardless of party 'affiliation"

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain

History will view Nancy Pelosi as one of the best and most effective Speakers of the House in American history.
I just called her ...to tell her exactly that.

Post the mp3 of it or it didn't happen.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

LOL...no you don't. I have only read your posts from today in two threads...but it is clear you have a big red R stamped on your forehead.

Why try to lie to yourself???

Try reading other posts before you continue making a fool of yourself. The R's wouldnt have me even if I wanted to be a part of their little cult.

I despise religion, support abortion, think all drugs should be legalized, and think our 2 wars are the result of a staged attack with prior knowledge by Bush and Co.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by BigTimeCheater

Try reading other posts before you continue making a fool of yourself. The R's wouldnt have me even if I wanted to be a part of their little cult.

I despise religion, support abortion, think all drugs should be legalized, and think our 2 wars are the result of a staged attack with prior knowledge by Bush and Co.

And yet you are just all giddy that they won last night.

Sure....I believe you.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Who said I am giddy? I am just happy the retard democrats are out of power. Hating one party doesnt automatically mean you embrace the other.

Quit being part of the problem.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   

reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Who said I am giddy? I am just happy the retard democrats are out of power. Hating one party doesnt automatically mean you embrace the other.

Quit being part of the problem.

Whatever you say.

Lying to yourself isn't healthy...that's all I am saying.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join