It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Electronic implant allows the blind to see

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
And the march continues towards the man and machine combination, frankly i think in the far far future it may be the only way our kind of life can survive the rigours of this universe long term.

Could be a bad thing though if cyborg heaven turned into cyborg hell ..

anyway a fantastic invention .. and helpful to many hopefully!

[url=http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn19667-electronic-implant-allows-the-blind-to-see.html?DCMP=OTC-rss&nsref=online-news]www.newscientist.com[/ url]
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
That's interesting, wonder what else they have in the making that we don't know about. Now they just need to make a completely robotic body for paralized people, just add brain.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I know they've been testing this tech for a long time now, I remember at least 15 years ago seeing a documentary on a similar thing, but the resolution was vastly less, I think it was something like a grid of 8x8 dots, so basically they could detect something in front of them, lighted areas as opposed to darkened areas etc, so I'd hope it'd be a bit more advanced now - that he can actually read a word, that's pretty good! Still, basic shape recognition and large word reading, would be an amazing improvement for someone who's lost their sight.

I don't know how it would work with someone who's never had sight - not sure if it's even possible for them, considering the confusion they'd go through trying to decipher what they are perceiving.

Then again I might be confusing two different technologies - both for the same reasons but different causes?

Either way, good vid!!

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
This gives me hope for the future, you never know who will go blind from some reason or another, good to know that not all is doom and gloom.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
This gives me hope for the future, you never know who will go blind from some reason or another, good to know that not all is doom and gloom.

new topics

top topics

join