It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida House Democrat Grayson loses re-election bid-networks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Florida Democratic Representative Alan Grayson lost re-election on Tuesday, the CNN and Fox networks projected, helping Republicans gain ground as they try to win control of the House of Representatives.

Grayson had gained prominence when he described the Republican alternative proposal to healthcare reform as "don't get sick, and if you do get sick, die quickly," making him a big target of conservative activists.

But he lost to former state lawmaker Daniel Webster and failed to receive a big enough boost from a campaign swing with Vice President Joe Biden in the final weeks of the race.

www.reuters.com...

This one is actually surprsing
I used like this wackjob when he was against the FED
Then once he got popular he turned into a complete clown, nothing but partisan bickering left and right

Bicker, bicker, bicker, and bicker

He had Zero positive political or philosophical message, other than auditing the FED, which was important
But other than, this guy was a complete Zero!

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Also

Rep. Rick Boucher (D-Va.) has lost his re-election bid tonight to Republican opponent Morgan Griffith, the Associated Press says. Though Boucher had an early lead in the race, recent polls showed the race to be tight

washingtonindependent.com...

Christine O'Donnell lost the Delware Bid
www.usatoday.com...

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

good riddance to both

finally no more threads trashing the woman.

karl rove called it months ago

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Thank God... That man annoyed the piss out of me. Graysons gone, Pelosi is done as speaker, and possibly might retire before her term is done. There is some speculation that Reid might give up the leadership position to another democrat (I think Schumer from NY is next in seniority.

Now if we can get the Politicians to cut spending, close out some Federal Departments, end the Fed Reserve and balance the budget....

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Pretty much every Democrat in Florida was sent packing. In my local area (in addition to the prominent state offices), the Republicans pretty much won EVERY election. I expected Obama backlash, but not to this extent.

My big disappointments are that Marco Rubio got Senate (due to being Latino and Republican, so getting most of that demographic) instead of Christ (current Governor, and Independent), and that Rick Scott got Governor (both him and Sink are crooks in my opinion, who ripped off millions from taxpayers...) I had a feeling (and the polls suggested it also) it would go this way, but I was hoping against it.

I'm neither party myself (I vote for the candidate, not the party), but I'm still surprised at the results.

new topics

top topics

join