It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Insomnia: are our minds restless because of an impending event? Report in.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by HEREFORD 1969

it is more like being on high alert mode,feeling of dread,extreme agitation,and watching my animals more closely

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Actually, I had Insomnia since a young age, the only difference in my sleep compared to previously is nightmares. I used to have pleasant dreams, recently, I have been having some unpleasant dreams. I don't know exactly when it stated, possibly one or two months.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
4.37am now and wide awake.

For some reason i only seem to need three or four hours sleep per night. The older i get the less sleep i have!

On top of that my Sky HD box just went bang, smoke everything.

No bad thing really, US mid terms was on every channel, Pfft.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   
I've been sleeping pretty well lately. So no.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   
To the OP, definitely.

There is something... in the back of my mind day and night... this feeling...

I just know something major is on the horizon here... and it truly is getting closer..

I don't really know what it will all entail, but I feel that it will affect all of us.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by gatorboi117

I can relate to your experiences. You are definitely not alone.

I recommend you keep trying natural remedies. Exercise is very effective for taking care of the physical side, but it is a good idea to also spend a part of the day engaging in activities that you find mentally stimulating. You'll find sleep is easier when both your body and your mind have been used sufficiently throughout the day. (Aim to do stuff that is challenging but not too stressful. Just remember not to over do it. When it stops being fun/rewarding is a good indication.)

If you do all these things and legitimately cannot fall into a healthy sleeping pattern, then medication might be an avenue worth persuing. I only recommend it as a last resort because there is a real danger you can become dependent on medication to fall asleep. I am currently on medication that helps me sleep. For me personally, the medication has worked wonders and has enabled me to excel in many areas I used to struggle when not on the medication. But it is not the medication itself that does this, but rather my ability to develop a healthy sleeping pattern as a result of taking it.

I don't believe Insomnia is a way for our body/mind to predict an upcoming event. It is more likely due to high levels of anxiety caused by an over-active mind. You try to be calm, peaceful and not think about things but you place pressure on yourself trying to achieve these things and this causes your mind to stay active. This leads to unhappiness and uncertainty which makes the problem worse. Try your best not to pressure yourself to fall asleep but just accept that your body and mind need a rest and you have no desire to prevent this from happening.

Good luck friend, I hope you can overcome your bout with Insomnia and find a solution soon.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join