It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Nobel Peace Prize is rigged

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Obviously, it is. I mean Obama won last year. Kissinger won it; he was a war criminal. And obviously you will never see someone like Julian Assange win the Nobel Peace Prize even though the less peaceful country in the world is the United States.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
The Nobel does not have requirements...its given to people whom either have effected the world positively, or in a position to.

Often they give the prize not to someone based on what they did, but rather to lead them into doing the right thing...seems when you give someone praise for something, often that person will believe it and try to match it...its a psychological thing.

Is it rigged? naa, every person whom ever won it can be considered controversial to some, while worthy by others..I personally seen what Obama did in order to get the nobel (hint, the nobel is -not- an american institution), however, plenty (here in America) think he didn't deserve it...who is right? both of us...neither of us...its not our award to give out, therefore, we don't make the rules...and since there are no rules, then there can be no "rigging".

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Well!.. if that is the case then can we all have a noble prize for the things we just might be going to do or might achieve in the future .

I am sure we can all do with some extra motivation ..

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by xsheep

Sure, you can have a nobel prize. All you have to do is get nominated.

Yes, I think most agree that Obama was not all that deserving of the peace prize. But the committees apparent thinking was that they were giving it to him for what he said he will be doing in the future. A silly thing to do because there were much more deserving people of the prize.

But really, does it matter that much anyway? it is just a prize. You do not gain some sudden powers or anything. It's just a prize.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Rigged? No. A farce? Yes

Just the fact that Gorbachev has one, and Reagan doesn't shows that.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
maybe they can nominate one of the winners of cnn heroes. but ordinary folks going above the call of duty can't shame any of the elites while they honor themselves.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

Gorbachev took his country toward democracy. Reagan continued wars around the world and supported terrorists. Neither an angel, but Reagan is less deserving.

Though the Prize is essentially meaningless. I don't agree with Obama getting it, but Kissinger is by far the worst "winner."

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by xsheep
reply to post by SaturnFX

Well!.. if that is the case then can we all have a noble prize for the things we just might be going to do or might achieve in the future .

I am sure we can all do with some extra motivation ..

You can try to petition them for that, sure.
They will see what sort of influence you hold, how you currently effect world thinking, etc..

Chances are, you don't qualify as being significant

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   
The Nobel >Potential< Peace Prize

There is nothing noble in receiving such a prize ...anymore.....

“Ho ..hummm!......by his actions you will know him

Peace prize!.... my Aunt Fanny"......

Olympic >potential < gold medal anyone .....

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Umm... This from Wikipedia:

"According to Nobel's will, the Peace Prize should be awarded to the person who “...shall have done the most or the best work for fraternity between nations, for the abolition or reduction of standing armies and for the holding and promotion of peace congresses."

So not just as described above, guys.
There are qualification guidelines but it's anybody's guess as to how those people think. They seem to have got it wrong on quite a few occasions.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by bulgogi

hmmmm..what do you mean by rigged? do you mean there's a small group of people who make their decision in private, absent any kind of democratic vote or accountability? i mean, that's EXACTLY what the process is. haha. its not like there's a world wide election for the winner. but yea, it is flippin crazy who wins those things sometimes. al gore's prize always baffled me especially.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: bulgogi

I am reviving this 2010 thread with new and relevant information:

pagesix.com...

NOBEL PEACE PRIZE CHAIRMAN WHO HONORED OBAMA, DEMOTED 6 YEARS LATER

new topics

top topics

join