It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange experiences during meditation...different than than usual...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I have experienced most of the sensations one would get during meditation from humming sound to the rise of the Kundalini. However, I experienced this one about a month ago. I thought it was interesting because the vibration was very localized.

Basically, I was meditating laying down. My mind was focusing on opening the root chakra. My legs were straight and my palms were laying facing down. I was getting deeper into the trance state and then I found myself seeing a vision. I saw a black energy ball 2 feet below my private part and in between my legs. Somehow, I decided to use my feet to grab it. Somehow, this caused me to snap out off my vision. BTW, my legs were laying straight or one of my leg was half crossing the other. I don't remember. However, all of a sudden, I felt a cool or very cool energy surging in me. I normally experience heat but cool energy? I was a bit feeling uneasy. A black energy ball? It could be my yin was too strong in me. So, this cool energy was surging in me while I felt my kidneys were vibrating. I normally experience a sense of mild vibration during normal meditation. However, this time, the sensation was a bit more pronounced because it was very localized. I hear a bell ringing sound now. Very now. Like someone was ringing a tinny bell inside me.

The experience almost like a OOBE since I saw myself literally laying down meditating and touching both feet to this energy ball, which is outside of my body.

Couple of concepts I can think of is that our limbs are a major source of energy leakage. That's why it is essential to close this circuit by crossing and touching your feet. Folding your hands. Keeping the tongue to the roof of your month. The cool energy could be associated with the energy of the kidneys. Not sure about the bell ringing sound. Or how I was able to localize the vibration just to the kidneys.
edit on 2-11-2010 by ChiForce because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
You sure it wasn't a hallucination? It could have been hallucinogenic sleep paralysis, which is often quite terrifying, yet perfectly natural.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I would say sleep paralysis as well IMO. I get more often while I lie on my back and it is probably a good bet why most people tend to meditate sitting up.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by FrodoBaggins
You sure it wasn't a hallucination? It could have been hallucinogenic sleep paralysis, which is often quite terrifying, yet perfectly natural.

No, I don't see things in my awaken state. In fact, despite how much I meditate and to what level of consciousness I have gained, I just don't hallucinate. I wish I could so that my visions would be more immediate rather than waiting for me to go to sleep to see them.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrundleFly
I would say sleep paralysis as well IMO. I get more often while I lie on my back and it is probably a good bet why most people tend to meditate sitting up.

I am trying different positions. I like to meditate laying down in the morning (spine becomes more relax and the mind is fresher) and that tends to result in quicker meditation experiences. I usually meditate sitting upright before bed. In either positions, my mind can dose off regardless, if I am feeling a bit of tired from the day.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Be careful messing around with the release of Kundalini throughout your body. I too have come close and started vibrating and seeing cascading colors. I got a little spooked but felt like I was on the verge of a transformative experience. After discussing the issue with someone versed and exp with the notion, he warned that one should be accompanied by someone with experience and guidance. I guess if that released energy travels through the wrong pathways, physical and psychic damage can occur. He spoke of people inducing epileptic type seizures and shaking, so this is powerful stuff.

I recently read an excellent book and testimony with explicit details of the entire process over several years and in his case, the energy went to the wrong areas and he suffered greatly. His experience also lead him past that and into a state of clarity and connectedness he had never known before. He keeps it real too, careful not to sensationalize or romanticize the notion of opening up your kundalini and although he is well versed in the the cultural and spiritual aspects of the practice, he conveys the whole experience in laymen's terms.

The book is Kundalini, by Gropi Krishna
gopikrishna.us...

Peace,
spec

edit on 2-11-2010 by speculativeoptimist because: addition

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChiForce

No, I don't see things in my awaken state. In fact, despite how much I meditate and to what level of consciousness I have gained, I just don't hallucinate. I wish I could so that my visions would be more immediate rather than waiting for me to go to sleep to see them.

But in hallucinogenic sleep paralysis, you can see things whilst basically awake.

If you can dream, you can go through hallucinogenic sleep paralysis. They both work the same way.
edit on 2-11-2010 by FrodoBaggins because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist
Be careful messing around with the release of Kundalini throughout your body. I too have come close and started vibrating and seeing cascading colors. I got a little spooked but felt like I was on the verge of a transformative experience. After discussing the issue with someone versed and exp with the notion, he warned that one should be accompanied by someone with experience and guidance. I guess if that released energy travels through the wrong pathways, physical and psychic damage can occur. He spoke of people inducing epileptic type seizures and shaking, so this is powerful stuff.

I recently read an excellent book and testimony of the entire process and in his case, the enrgy went to the wrong areas and he suffered greatly. His experience also lead him past that and into a state of clarity and connectedness he had never known before. He keeps it real too, careful not to sensationalize or romanticize the notion of opening up your kundalini and although he is well versed in the the cultural and spiritual aspects of the practice, he conveys the whole experience in laymen's terms.

The book is Kundalin, by Gropi Krishna
gopikrishna.us...

Peace,
spec

Thanks for the warning. However, I felt the rise of the Kundalini when I was 18. I am in my mid 30s. I talked about it here on the message board but you want to know more I can find the thread for you. Yeah, the experience was powerful the way I felt it when I was 18. I realized that you can only experience it ONCE and that's why my current meditation experiences aren't as powerful BUT I can prolong the duration of them though.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   

But in hallucinogenic sleep paralysis, you can see things whilst basically awake.

If you can dream, you can go through hallucinogenic sleep paralysis. They both work the same way.
edit on 2-11-2010 by FrodoBaggins because: (no reason given)

Oh, I am pretty sure the black energy ball didn't exist outside of my body and my feet didn't really touch and grab the energy ball in reality. However, to have seen them, somehow, they caused the surge of the cool energy in me, the localized vibrations, and the tiny bell ranging sound.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Brother, you will get sick around the area of your body where you saw that. Time for a check up.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman
Brother, you will get sick around the area of your body where you saw that. Time for a check up.

How so, care to explain? I read that the rook chakra can either take the form of red or black color since it is connected to the earth. It would be interesting to know how to focus at each specific organ in your body and to feel its vibration and energy.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Was that area of you body relaxed or tense at the time? One meditation exercise I do is to visualize white clean energy entering tense muscles and black dark energy flowing out. Have had extremely interesting results.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   

How so, care to explain? I read that the rook chakra can either take the form of red or black color since it is connected to the earth. It would be interesting to know how to focus at each specific organ in your body and to feel its vibration and energy.

What you saw is your illness in one of your bodies (we have 7). It's not in the physical body yet, so it can be be prevented. Visualize it in meditation again and with your mind cover it with purple energy/light and send it far away.

The energy can be used in meditation. There are 7 energies with different properties: White, yellow or golden, Orange, Pink, Blue, Green and Purple.

Since your problem is not physical yet, you should use Purple, it has power to polarize any negative influence. It can be also used for regretions.

Are you familiar with mamtrams or mantras?

edit on 2-11-2010 by Trueman because: fix text

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   

What you saw is your illness in one of your bodies (we have 7). It's not in the physical body yet, so it can be be prevented. Visualize it in meditation again and with your mind cover it with purple energy/light and send it far away.

The energy can be used in meditation. There are 7 energies with different properties: White, yellow or golden, Orange, Pink, Blue, Green and Purple.

Since your problem is not physical yet, you should use Purple, it has power to polarize any negative influence. It can be also used for regretions.

Very interesting......will do that when i meditate on my root chakra. BTW, when I meditate on my chakras, all the way to my third eye, I mostly see whitish blue ones. With a bit of yellow. The only time I actually see the supposed colors was when I first learned about chakras opening. Like I said earlier, I did experience the rise of the Kundalini when I was 18, by accident. However, I don't study Yoga or Hindu religion and so a lot of the meditation concepts are new to me.

I saw the color red when I first meditated on my rook chakra. And green on the heart chakra. After that, however, I consistently see whitish/blue with a bit of yellow or darker yellow on my other chakras. Even with my third eye chakra.

I don't believe I have deep enough knowledge on the concept of mantras.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Very interesting......will do that when i meditate on my root chakra. BTW, when I meditate on my chakras, all the way to my third eye, I mostly see whitish blue ones. With a bit of yellow. The only time I actually see the supposed colors was when I first learned about chakras opening. Like I said earlier, I did experience the rise of the Kundalini when I was 18, by accident. However, I don't study Yoga or Hindu religion and so a lot of the meditation concepts are new to me.

I saw the color red when I first meditated on my rook chakra. And green on the heart chakra. After that, however, I consistently see whitish/blue with a bit of yellow or darker yellow on my other chakras. Even with my third eye chakra.

I don't believe I have deep enough knowledge on the concept of mantras.

Here is more information for you brother.

Main qualities of the energies :

WHITE Protection, purification.
YELLOW/GOLDEN. Wisdom.
PINK. Spiritual love.
GREEN. Health, serenity.
BLUE. Faith, Spiritual strengh.
ORANGE. Connection with God.
PURPLE. Polarization. Transmutation.

Every human being belongs to one of these energies or "rays".

I promise to come back to tell you more, now I got to go to work. Good day brother.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I don't want to start another thread but I have a very interesting experience last night meditating on my third eye. First, I don't just meditate on my third eye but slowly meditating and opening and activating the lower Chakras first. I thought this is the safest way to do it without the usual anxiety and panic attacks that come with it. So, it was a long meditation session, almost 2 hours. I was meditating laying down, at night, before bed. Had a warm shower about an hour earlier. The warm shower seemed to "open" up my Chakras somewhat because I felt the strong pulsing along my spinal cord, the Chakra locations. So, I was going with my routine starting from the root and worked my way up. Usually, when I get to my third eye Chakra, I just see a lot of lights, the usual humming and ringing sounds, and some sense of heat engulfing my body. Some pressure on my forehead and the crown area. I focus on the crown chakra too (the reason is that your third eye needs information from the Cosmo to process). The information comes from the opening of the crown chakra.

Last night was different, somewhat. I knew my Chakras are opening and being activated because I was hearing 5 to 7 successive popping sounds in the room. I felt the heat but not as strong since I was already a bit warmer from the shower. However, I didn't see a lot of lights (more like foggy and hazy appearance than the usual vibrant intensity) when I focused on each of the Chakra opening. When I got to the third eye, I was already, I guess, into my 1 hour and 30 minutes or so meditation duration. I noticed the pressure on my forehead and on my crown now. Yet, I didn't see any lights as intense as the usual. My body was warm from the opening and activating on the other chakras. I was a bit annoyed or bothered by the fact that I didn't see the intense lights. I said to myself that it wasn't really important to see the lights and I decided to just "let go" and dwelling on the experience. At this point, I sensed that the pressure on my forehead was getting lighter, and so as my brain too. It felt good like it was something has been opened up. I let the sensation to take its course. Now, I believe the energy of Kundalini was acting up again. This energy just engulfed me and all the way to my brain. Is intense and a bit hot. It was like something wanted to come up through my head. I felt a bit panic but managed to focus on my breathing by keeping it slow and relaxing my body. I said to myself "take me away. I don't care."

The intensity was similar to what I experienced when I was 18, with my Kundalini rising first time. This time, I didn't see the intense light and the inner ringing sound wasn't as strong. However, this energy was massive. Like it blocked all of my sense except my third eye, my consciousness. With my third eye, I saw a black space. Almost like looking at this black space through a telescope. At the center you see this void and around the edges you see hazy and foggy white light. At the end, I felt that this energy left my body through my crown.

The whole experience lasted about 2 minutes the most. So, it was 1am now. I couldn't sleep. When I closed my eyes, I saw my third eye and then I finally saw the lights like some firework firing off. No, I didn't see any visions..
However, my dreams were interesting but a bit personal in nature. I am struggling with my life path at the moment and what I should do with my life.

edit on 5-11-2010 by ChiForce because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-11-2010 by ChiForce because: (no reason given)

top topics

join