It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Two More Turkish Workers Hostage in Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Photographs confirm that two more Turkish men have been taken hostage by insurgents in Iraq. The Ihlas News Agency states its photographer was taken to an "unknown" location and allowed to take the photos of the two men.

thestar.com.my.../2004/6/29/latest/17800TwomoreT&sec=latest
One man was identified as Soner Sercali, an air conditioner repair man who has not been heard from since June 1st. The other was his co-worker Murat Kizil.

ANKARA, Turkey (AP) - A Turkish news agency on Monday released a photograph of two missing Turkish workers squatting in front of heavily armed men, and said they were in the custody of insurgents in Iraq.

Looks like its open market on innocents in Iraq, my prayers go out to them....

[edit on 30-6-2004 by Banshee]

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 08:07 PM
link   
You know...lets impeach Bush!! He is the cause of all this. He is by far the worst president we ever had! Hope these people arent going to get killed.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 01:09 AM
link   
^ is this sarcasm?

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 02:38 AM
link   
I don't think he was being sarcastic. Bush is Americas worst president. I don't know why the American people haven't impeached him. I mean if they wanted to impeach Clinton for bangin' an intern then they should clearly impeach Bush for tens of thousands of pointless deaths. He's a greedy bastard. Period.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 04:42 AM
link   
they are free

DUBAI (Reuters) - A group led by suspected al Qaeda operative Abu Musab al-Zarqawi freed three Turkish hostages it kidnapped this week and threatened to behead, Al Jazeera television said on Tuesday.
Another two Turkish men taken hostage in Iraq three weeks ago have told their families they are well and will return to Turkey within a week, Turkish media reported on Tuesday

Zarqawi Group Says Frees Turk Hostages-Jazeera TV

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 05:50 AM
link   

The men above before there release.

Wow this has only got to be good news!
the men were held by Abu Musab al Zarqawi,

Shynews link www.sky.com...

Arab TV station Al Jazeera said the terrorists had freed them "for the sake of Muslims in Turkey".

This above statement intrested me as the last American to be taken hostage is a supposed muslim? So he may have a chance!

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Two more Turkish workers

I think this means in addition to the three previous Turkish hostages that were released....?

If it is, is Zarqawi supposed to be behind these hostages too? That wouldn't make any sense.

-raven

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Its good news three freed earlier today and the other two to be released later this week.

Two other Turkish hostages were allowed to call their families to say they would be freed within a week after their company agreed to stop working for the U.S. military in Iraq, CNN-Turk television reported.

Story

new topics

top topics

join