It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Audio: Prelude to the BBC special on Rendlesham

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Dear colleagues.

Download link for audio:
www.adrive.com...
Station: BBC Suffolk
Show: Mark Murphy Breakfast
Broadcasted: November 1st, 2010

Description and details:

In recent article (news.bbc.co.uk...), radio host Mark Murphy from BBC Suffolk has stated that he is preparing special show on Rendlesham that will be broadcasted from Bentwaters Cold War Museum on December 17th

On November 1, prelude for that special was broadcasted inside regular show "Mark Murphy Breakfast" on BBC Suffolk. Mark has confirmed once more that he is preparing the special and he is calling listeners and witnesses for cooperation. Mark has stated few times that he hopes that mystery will be solved during the special. On other occassion he adds that he is now fairly convinced that he knows what has happened. During one segment, he also makes it clear that he don't think that event could be explained with lighthouse theory or with a lights from the police patrol car.

I have processed 180 minutes of the whole "Mark Murphy Breakfast" show and I have extracted only the references about Rendlesham. The lenght of edited audio is now 29 minutes (so you will never have to listen whole 180 minutes - here is everything you will need). So once more, here is the download link:
www.adrive.com...
Also preparation for special is already covered in 2 articles for East Anglian Daily Times:

Tapes shed light on forest’s UFO riddle
www.eadt.co.uk...
Help us solve the Rendlesham UFO mystery
www.eadt.co.uk...

As we are approaching towards 30th anniversary of the Bentwaters incident, it seems that skeptics are already fixing bayonets from their side of the trench

Tim Printy has just published new edition of of his SUNlite devoted to Rendlesham.
Download link:
home.comcast.net...

For previous coverage and debate about Rendlesham (August 2010)
connected with previous BBC piece by Evan Davis check this archived post:
www.ufoupdateslist.com...
edit on 2-11-2010 by uforadio because:

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Had a listen and it does sound just a little sad doesn't it. They advertise the show off the back of claiming to have solved it on the one hand, but then the guy begins to talk about. "I am open to changing my mind"...

It's beginning to sound like a stunt to claim the biggest ever audience for a local radio station broadcast to me.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I will not listen to bbc nonsense if i was you. After working there i can tell you, to not even believe a word they say.

Useless waste of time if you listen to this propaganda from mi5 news.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I posted about this yesterday. It would have been nice to have you add to my thread. I guess there will be dozens of threads started about this show before it airs on Dec. 17, 2010. :sigh:

Rendlesham Revealed: New evidence in UFO mystery

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Hi there! My first ever post on ATS!

I typed UFO into Google news earlier and a story came up from The Sun newspaper relating to new evidence on the Rendelsham case in the form of some 'never before heard tapes' from the airmen on the ground at the time. However if you click on the link you get a 404 error. It takes you to The Sun website but it says the story has been lost?

Lost or removed??

I've just checked and the headline still flags up. If you are in the UK type UFO into google news and the story is the second hit.

I know The Sun isn't the most reliable of news sources but theres no smoke without fire as they say? There may be more to this radio show investigation than meets the eye.
edit on 2/11/2010 by Grifter81 because: spelling

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I'm in the Uk and the page is down from over here as well. Gives another link to hear the tapes but that leads to the East Anglian Daily Times site and I am jiggered if i can find anything on it.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

I saw that also. It just seems to give a short transcript but no real information, it also seemed a bit tongue in cheek.

I guess we will have to wait for the radio show! Unless these tapes emerge from elsewhere. You would think it would be quite a big story given the history of the Rendelsham Incident. They will probably fall back on the old lighthouse explanation once again.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
All there is on the net are transcripts and just snippets at that. They are gonna drive the hype up as much as they can for this.. and then it'll fall flat on it's face, with no real explanation whatsoever.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
You got that right mate. Probably with all the cuts going on at the BBC someone sees this as a golden opportunity to prove themselves. If these tapes exist they will be played to the public with great fanfare but most likely won't really resolve anything at all.

Still, I live in hope for some Earth-shattering revelations.
edit on 2/11/2010 by Grifter81 because: spelling

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
I suspect this is most likely just a cynical reaction and cash in by the bbc to all the complaints they received the last time they "reported" the case. I was one of the many who contacted them demanding more serious coverage but on the surface this doesn't appear to be any better. More harm than good I shouldn't wonder.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Dear colleagues.

Download link for audios (Other data in the text after the links):

WEEK #1 Prelude show for BBC Rendlesham Special - Nov. 1 to Nov. 6, 2010

Prelude Show #1
- this one was already sent in my previous report
Broadcast: November 1, 2010
Download link for audio:
www.adrive.com...
First big prelude show. Lots of announcements and many comments with recorded survey from streets - Portion of Charles Halt's tape broadcasted - Listener calls in - Interview with Terry Hunt, editor from East Anglian Daily Times - Interview with presenter David Whiteley from BBC Inside Out Show.

Prelude Show #2
Broadcast: November 2, 2010
Download link for audio:
www.adrive.com...
Announcements for BBC special.

Prelude Show #3
Broadcast: November 3, 2010
Download link for audio:
www.adrive.com...
Announcements for BBC special.

Prelude Show #4
Broadcast: November 4, 2010
Download link for audio:
www.adrive.com...
Portion of Charles Halt's Tape broadcasted - Special inteview with Philip Mantle, editor of UFO Matrix magazin.

Prelude Show #5
Broadcast: November 6, 2010
Download link for audio:
www.adrive.com...
Announcements for BBC special - Portion of Charles Halt Tape broadcast - Interview with Terry Hunt, editor from East Anglian Daily Times (rerun from November 1)

Bonus Audio material:

Promo #1
Download link for audio:
www.adrive.com...

Promo #2
Download link for audio:
www.adrive.com...

--- end of links ---

After my report on first prelude show for BBC special about Rendlesham - broadcast on November 1st on BBC Suffolk inside Mark Murphy Breakfast show - I was curious to hear will there be more announcements in the upcoming shows. It seems that Host Mark Murphy is trying hard to keep the anticipation for the special. In fact they have even created two jingles for radio special so far. As I started to listen BBC Suffolk more and more, I could hear that jingles are running during the whole day in other shows too. So it seems they are actually trying to make this as a radio event. So to remind everyone once more - radio host Mark Murphy has stated that he is preparing special show on Rendlesham that will be broadcast from Bentwaters Cold War Museum on December 17th. It is a joined project between BBC Suffolk and newspaper East Anglian Daily Times with their goal to "resolve the mystery" as they say.

I have processed first 18 hours of radio shows. Every breakfast show is running for 180 minutes and it airs from Monday to Saturday each week.

I have extracted only Rendlesham references for Week #1 of prelude shows (broadcast from November 1 to 6) - shows without Rendlesham references are ignored. The list of download link is available on the beginning of this message.

I will continue to monitor the situation and report accordingly.

Best Wishes

edit on 12-11-2010 by uforadio because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by uforadio

So is this from your point of view sensible radio, or just tabloid ridicule like bbc and others normally do?

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
BBC Suffolk: Rendlesham Forest UFO airmen at Woodbridge event

news.bbc.co.uk...

edit on 29-12-2010 by uforadio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Dear Colleagues.

Also this article is a good companion piece for my report:
www.ufodigest.com...

The whole package of audio files is now available in 4 parts (every part is rared-use Winrar to extract audio files after download) – every part has an episode guide:

Those are the parts with download links:

01. Rendlesham Prelude Shows
Download link:
www.adrive.com...

02. Rendlesham Specials
Download link:
www.adrive.com...

03. Rendlesham Reunion Conference Show
Download link:
www.adrive.com...

04. Bonus – Rendlesham Promos & Treehouse Appeal Promos
www.adrive.com...

Summary:

After almost 2 and a half months of work I have finally finished processing BBC Suffolk „Mark Murphy Breakfast“ shows that were aired during November and December 2010. Now they are available and preserved for historical record and research purposes. They can also serve as a sample of stereotypical UFO comments and promos for future thesis about media and UFOs. Let’s begin. Every episode of Mark Murphy Breakfast show airs from Monday to Saturday. The length of each episode is 3 hours. In total, 49 shows were processed and approximately 195 men hours were invested in this project (conservative estimate). I had to process every episode and to edit audios only with Rendlesham and UFO references.

On 1st November 2010 BBC Suffolk started to air promos for their big radio special on Rendlesham, scheduled for December 17, 2010. Station even created 26 promos for the show that were aired almost every day. Finally on December 17, long awaited special “Rendlesham Revealed” was aired. Mark Murphy proposed a theory that on a first night of the incident, dummy Apollo Capsule was allegedly dropped in the forest by a helicopter from 67th Aerospace Rescue and Recovery Squadron based at RAF Woodbridge. “Third night” is explained with helicopter’s return because soldiers decided to pick the capsule back. Theory is proposed as a solution for the whole incident. Unfortunately (or fortunately) for BBC, story about Rendlesham was not over. As the end of December was approaching, new event appeared as a news item. 30th Anniversary conference known as “Rendlesham Reunion” was scheduled on 28th December 2010 at Community Hall in Woodbridge, Suffolk with primary witnesses Jim Penniston and John Burroughs. The event itself opened up a new cycle of local news so BBC Suffolk had to report on Rendlesham again.

One day before the conference - 27th December 2010 - BBC Suffolk decided to air highlights from Rendlesham Special that already aired on 17th December (show with proposed theory of dummy Apollo capsule). But on 28th December, Mark Murphy visited himself the Rendlesham Reunion event where he interviewed John Burroughs and prepared new radio piece for his show on 29th December. Mark asked him about Apollo capsule theory and Burroughs gave this reply:

Burroughs: “The fact that the airfield was shut down, the fact that you would hear helicopter lift off, we would know for helicopter lift off, I can honestly tell you straight up there was no helicopter activity. Now, on the third night with colonel Halt, because I came out after it already started, I can’t tell what was going on the airfield but I did not hear any helicopters at any time.”

At the end Mark Murphy gave this comment on his show on 29th December:

“…So you know, they are keen 30 years on to say 'Look I am sorry but this is what happened'…So the truth may still be out there, maybe we find it, maybe we haven’t, we’ll have to do Rendlesham Revealed Revisited part 2 at some point I suspect…Jim Penniston…claims that he and…who I am to argue, I wasn’t there…claims (Penniston) that he touched the craft…”

Aftermath of the Rendlesham Reunion event:
- Woodbridge Community Hall was packed with more then 400 people
- Rendlesham Reunion event raised more then 2000 pounds for a noble cause - Treehouse Appeal is a project to build new hospice in Ipswich for life-threatened children and their families in Suffolk & North Essex (for more info download 4th part with promos and bonus material about Treehouse Appeal).

I have decided to split the project in 4 parts. Those are the description of those parts where you can find those interviews and clips (download links at the top of this post):

Part 1 – Rendlesham Prelude Shows
Prelude shows between November 1st and December 17th that kept the tension for the Special show “Rendlesham Revealed”
- Portion of Charles Halt's tape broadcasted
- Interview with Terry Hunt, editor from East Anglian Daily Times
- Interview with presenter David Whiteley from BBC Inside Out Show.
- Special interview with Philip Mantle, editor of UFO Matrix magazine.
- Evening at Rendlesham Forest - interview with Brenda Butler
- Interview with journalist Keith Baebey who wrote article that broke the Rendlesham story in „News of the World“
- Interview with Grant Lohoar – National Trust Countryside Manager East Suffolk
- Interview with Keith Seaman, lighthouse attendant talks about lighthouse theory
- Evening at Rendlesham Forest and survey with participants

Part 2 – Rendlesham Specials (original 2-hour version from December 17th and Highlights 1-hour version):
Featured in the show:
- Graham Haynes, Manager of Bentwaters Cold War Museum
- Brenda Butler
- Vince Thurkettle, ex forester
- Beverly Plumbridge, witness
- Nigel Turner, forester
- Nick Pope
- Terry Hunt, editor of East Anglian Daily Times
- Evening at Rendlesham Forest and survey with participants
- Portion of Charles Halt's tape
- Robert Salas, UFOs & Nukes
- David King, ex policeman
- Keith Baebey, journalist
- John Mason, British Astronomical Association
- Grant Lohoar – National Trust Countryside Manager East Suffolk
- Keith Seaman, lighthouse attendant
- Kevin Sloane, ex police officer
- Christopher Pennington
- Erroll Frost, Bentwaters Cold War Museum
- War Zone with Simon War – Simon comments Rendlesham Special

Part 3 – Rendlesham Reunion Event – 30th Anniversary Conference
- Interview with Peter Robbins about Rendlesham Reunion event
- Report from Rendlesham Reunion
- Interview with John Burroughs, Gordon Goodger (event organizer), Linda Moulton Howe, Brenda Butler, Dot Street

Part 4 – Bonus
BBC Suffolk 26 promos and Treehouse Appeal promos.

And now the project is finally finished.

Best Wishes.

edit on 12-1-2011 by uforadio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
BBC Audios: The Missing Rendlesham Files and 7th set of UK UFO Documents

Dear Colleagues.

Download link for audios - click and download here:
www.adrive.com...

After almost 4 months of work I have finaly finished the extraction of audio clips that were broadcast on March 3rd 2011 on different BBC radio stations.
Shows were aired in connection with release of 7th set of UK UFO Documents and missing Rendlesham files. Now they are available and preserved for historical record and research purposes. Approximately 30 hours of audios were processed and approximately 50 men hours were invested in this project.
I had to process manualy every show and to edit and extract audios only with Rendlesham and UFO references.

The whole package of audio files is now available in one RAR file(link at the top of this post - use Winrar to extract audios after download).

This is the shows guide that you will get after download:

BBC Suffolk - The Mark Murphy Show - March 03rd, 2011 THE MISSING RENDLESHAM FILES
- Interview with Nick Pope
- Interview with Brenda Butler

BBC Suffolk - The James Hazell Show - March 03rd, 2011 THE MISSING RENDLESHAM FILES
- Interview with dr. David Clarke
- Interview with Reverend Robert Lionel Fanthorpe
- Interview with Christopher Pennington with Apollo capsule theory
- Interview with Bernard, son of col. Charles Halt's cleaner
- Callers and their stories

BBC Suffolk - The Lesley Dolphin Show - March 03rd, 2011 THE MISSING RENDLESHAM FILES

BBC Cambridgeshire - Host: Sue Marchant - March 03rd, 2011
- Interview with musician Janet Robin
- Interview with Dave Ansell "Naked Scientist"

BBC News School Report - March 03rd, 2011

BBC Norfolk - Host: Wally Webb - March 03rd, 2011

BBC Radio 4 - Today with Justin Webb and Evan Davis - March 03rd, 2011

BBC Shropshire - Hosts. Eric Smith & Clare Ashford - March 03rd, 2011
- Clips from dr. David Clarke's podcast

BBC Wiltshire - Host: Matthew Smith - March 03rd, 2011
- Clips from dr. David Clarke's podcast

BBC World Service - The World Today with Komla Dumor and Mark Whitaker - March 03rd, 2011
- Report on Tractor Beams

This is a good companion piece of my previous reports in this thread above.

Best Wishes

edit on 27-6-2011 by uforadio because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join