It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Open letter to the tea party

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Dear Sirs and Madams,

I was listening to the Sean Hannity Show ....

He played this song per usual

Then the comment was made,

"Today is a conservative victory..."

Forgive me if it is not an exact quote, but I do not really care right now...

The assumption has been made and the accusations leveled now we will see tomorrow if they are true...

Is the Tea Party being Tea Bagged by the republican party?

It appears that they are. The assumption is yes by the republicans...

Heres my issue with it... The idea to my understanding is that it is over the economy and the dems inability to do anything...

Conservative issues are not the center. while they may have common traits the voters put your reps in because they are sick of both parties...

Pelosi expects to lose her speakership while the republicans expect to gain it...

The first test of the tea party will be this. Who becomes speaker.....

I will only advise not to accept who the republicans put out as the candidate to be speaker. Choose your own and prove your not the whipping dog of the republicans otherwise it is a complete betrayal of what your supposed to represent.

A complete and total betrayal....

If it goes any other way it means the whole tea party is republican and nothing more then a tactic to gain the legislature.

And you will have destroyed any attempt to get a really grassroot organization that is truly representing the people....

I and my fellow Americans will know by the time you take office.... Please at least have the courage of your convictions...

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ripcontrol

Having establshed control, in 2012 the targets (those we'll attempt to defeat) will be split among liberals and republicans who didn't read the constitution. And it is annoying that the (some) republicans don't seem to get that we aren't really with them, we're just dragging them along kicking and screaming, and that they will mind, or be bounced.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by astrogolf

I voted my conscious....

I hope that is what is done, but I hope what I am hearing is not true..

The republicans expect the Tea Party individuals to vote with them...

The first test will be for speaker.. The tea party candidates should not give them the speaker of their choice but demand one of their own...

I starred your post

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   

John Boehner will be the new Speaker of the House. The TPM has absolutely no role in choosing. The TPM is not even a political party; it is an activist group with common concerns, much like AARP or the Teachers Union.

Heres my issue with it... The idea to my understanding is that it is over the economy and the dems inability to do anything...

I wouldn't say so. It has more to do with the refusal to listen to the will of the people, such as when the boondoggle health care 'reform' was shoved down our throats the way it was. Nancy Pelosi saying "We have to pass the bill for you to understand what's in it". Broken Obama promises such as saying major bills would be posted for at least 72 hours before voting so that people could see what they contained. Lies damned lies.

Where are you coming from in this thread?

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

I feel that both parties have lied to the american ...

The tea party movement is and has been co-opted it seems by the republicans. Unless they want to be a joke or just a historical foot note they need to pull and throw their weight around.

They need to challenge the assumptions that have been made. The first is that the speaker is an already settled matter....

The two parties need to know that it is truly a new day in DC... How can you expect the senators and congressmen to change DC operations if they are already operating out of SOP...

You cant and they wont... The fight for the Tea Party ideals is now... The first fight is for the speakership....

Speaker of the house

The House of Representatives elects the Speaker of the House on the first day of every new Congress. Each party nominates a candidate, and whoever receives a simple majority of the votes is elected. The new Speaker is then sworn in by the Dean of the House, the chamber's longest-serving member. There is no requirement in the Constitution that the speaker must also be a current member of the House of Representatives to serve as speaker; however, every speaker elected has also been an elected representative.[4] In modern practice, the Speaker is chosen by the majority party from among its senior leaders (but only when a vacancy in the office arrives, or when the majority party changes). Previous speakers have been minority leaders, majority leaders, whips, or deputy whips. There is usually some degree of consensus within the party leadership who the favored candidate will be, and it is usually obvious within two to three weeks of a House election who will be elected Speaker.

I had hoped if we are to see change the first would be the change in procedures.

Moving this from a welcome to DC, back to a we said we were elected to change DC and this is the first order of business...

Otherwise the Tea Party gets a major Fail and TPTB win...

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
the 'tea party' was co-opted/compromised by the elites of both parties

the 'tea part' origionally wanted to oust all the career politicos...as their main goal...

somehow the first agenda became watered down to become an afterthought

too bad T-Party sucks...much like the web based acclaim for the 'meet-up' guy...

the DNC chairman Howard Dean suks too

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ripcontrol

The tea party movement is and has been co-opted it seems by the republicans. Unless they want to be a joke or just a historical foot note they need to pull and throw their weight around.

They need to challenge the assumptions that have been made. The first is that the speaker is an already settled matter....

The two parties need to know that it is truly a new day in DC... How can you expect the senators and congressmen to change DC operations if they are already operating out of SOP...

You cant and they wont... The fight for the Tea Party ideals is now... The first fight is for the speakership....

Speaker of the house

The House of Representatives elects the Speaker of the House on the first day of every new Congress. Each party nominates a candidate, and whoever receives a simple majority of the votes is elected. The new Speaker is then sworn in by the Dean of the House, the chamber's longest-serving member. There is no requirement in the Constitution that the speaker must also be a current member of the House of Representatives to serve as speaker; however, every speaker elected has also been an elected representative.[4] In modern practice, the Speaker is chosen by the majority party from among its senior leaders (but only when a vacancy in the office arrives, or when the majority party changes). Previous speakers have been minority leaders, majority leaders, whips, or deputy whips. There is usually some degree of consensus within the party leadership who the favored candidate will be, and it is usually obvious within two to three weeks of a House election who will be elected Speaker.

I had hoped if we are to see change the first would be the change in procedures.

Moving this from a welcome to DC, back to a we said we were elected to change DC and this is the first order of business...

The TPM is not a political party. Yet you want them to influence A political party.
You are setting yourself up for failure in this case.

Isn't it better that you measure the members that the TPM backed with some more reasonable metrics, such as how they work toward lower spending, less taxes, and smaller government?

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by astrogolf

Having establshed control, in 2012 the targets (those we'll attempt to defeat) will be split among liberals and republicans who didn't read the constitution. And it is annoying that the (some) republicans don't seem to get that we aren't really with them, we're just dragging them along kicking and screaming, and that they will mind, or be bounced.

If this were the case then you wouldn't have run as a republican. Try again.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas

Originally posted by ripcontrol

Speaker of the house

The TPM is not a political party. Yet you want them to influence A political party.
You are setting yourself up for failure in this case.

Isn't it better that you measure the members that the TPM backed with some more reasonable metrics, such as how they work toward lower spending, less taxes, and smaller government?

What he said:" the tea party is a reference to the boston tea party NOT Apolitical party! teaparty endorsed candidates were people who ran on the republican ticket but espoused views in line with the local "tea party" groups.

SO EPIC FAIL O.P.STIRRING UP RESENTMENT. BAENHER; BOEHNER;,CRAP "BONER"WILL BE SPEAKER. Its not subterfuge!!!!!!l

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

There seems to be some confusion here... The point is that the Tea Party is supposed to be about changing things...

They should not IMHO allow a standard quo decision be the first thing to go through... If they are to be taken seriously they should insist those they helped get elected start the change now...

New fresh leadership is needed not standard quo....

Anything less and its back to the washington standard...

A screwed america

top topics

join