It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evidence of Alien Life on the Moon Being “Withheld from the American People.”

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Just saw this at Dateline Zero ... "Evidence of Alien Life on the Moon Being 'Withheld from the American People.'"

A snip from the article:

For decades, researchers have claimed that strange objects have been seen on or above the moon — things that shouldn’t be there.

An example of a classic case was dusted off upon the recent discovery of what appears to be a natural bridge on the moon. Such a claim was made in 1950s when a bridge seen on the lunar surface; but it was argued away.

The person making the “moon bridge” claim back then was ridiculed by experts who said that such a thing was impossible. Guess it is actually possible after all.

A more recent case involved the discovery of water on the moon. Experts said in the past that water on the moon was non-existent, and that the moon was dry as a bone. Wrong again.

There’s likely to be a lot of moon-related “I told you so” finger wagging taking place in the coming decades. Will any of these I-told-you-so’s involve evidence of intelligent life being found on Earth’s moon?

The article is inspired by an article from Lee Speigel at AOL's Weird News, where Speigal quotes some of the fantastic claims made by Richard C. Hoagland. (Wait, I suppose his claims are all pretty fantastic.)

But the article makes, I think, a good point. Water on the moon, and a bridge on the moon, were all waved away as ridiculous and impossible. Could evidence of life having been on the moon at one time be the next thing to make experts say "I guess we were wrong"?

Mod Edit: External Source Tags Instructions – Please Review This Link.
edit on 2/11/2010 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Not to pull you down before you start but you said evidence and your evidence presented is a claim. That's how it's stated in the OP anyway "claims of a landbridge" etc. Anyone can claim but that's not evidence is it? Not that I'm an investigator but for me evidence would be that, evidence. I'd love for the OP to actually have evidence in it, a clearly described piece with facts, figures, and statements substantiated with witnesses and real documents please.
Sorry I got carried away but I thought I'd stumbled on a post with real evidence in it.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by mother1138
The person making the “moon bridge” claim back then was ridiculed by experts who said that such a thing was impossible.

Care to show proof that the claim was ridiculed by experts? How about naming the experts who ridiculed it?

where Speigal quotes some of the fantastic claims made by Richard C. Hoagland. (Wait, I suppose his claims are all pretty fantastic.)

Like the face on Mars - nothing like what Hoaxland claimed....

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by mother1138

You didn't mention, but do you believe that there is life on the moon and that there is a secret cabal of elites that somehow manage to keep this information from the public?

I would love to know the mechanism you imagine that is in place for something so outlandish to even be remotely real.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
The way it usually works is that somebody claims to see an artifact or construction in an old, blurry photo of the Moon (or Mars), and then takes that ball and runs with it to speculate about all kinds of aliens or Nazis or ancient human cultures living on the Moon and building stuff on it.

Then we get a better photo of the area, and it turns out to have been an odd shadow or something else that looks pretty natural, for the Moon, anyway. But it's hard for people to admit they were wrong, so they go on about the artifact being moved, or destroyed, or some other excuse.

A better, higher-resolution photo of a lunar or Martian anomaly never helps clarify and prove that the thing spotted was actually alien. It always goes the other way.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
"Evidence of Alien Life on the Moon Being 'Withheld from the American People.'"

A bit odd way to word it, I must say. Is it only the Americans it is being withheld from, while the rest of the whole World knows? If so, the contact between America and the "outside-World" must be very limited.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nightchild

A bit odd way to word it, I must say. Is it only the Americans it is being withheld from, while the rest of the whole World knows? If so, the contact between America and the "outside-World" must be very limited.

Yes, we've known about this for years. This is why whenever an American walks into a room everyone stops talking.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by wisintel

Hoagland & Project Camelot? I only watched about a minute because I feared John Lear might pop-up like one of those "scare" videos on youtube...and THAT would definitely have scared me. I'm not a debunker, it's just that project camelot's willingness to believe & promote so many disinfo stories and sleazy frauds makes them the enemy of truth.

I don't consider R. Hoagland a sleazy fraud, however, just feverish & zealous with his largely unfounded theories. Lear? Well that's another story. Question: Are Lear & Hoagland still closely associated with one another?
edit on 2-11-2010 by The GUT because: said roger meant john oh my!

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by markygee
Sorry I got carried away but I thought I'd stumbled on a post with real evidence in it.

Ummm the title say Evidence being withheld not presented

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts

You didn't mention, but do you believe that there is life on the moon and that there is a secret cabal of elites that somehow manage to keep this information from the public?

Rephrasing that for you bro:

'You didn't mention, but do you believe that there is life on the moon and that there is a number of people - greater than two - together in some close design that somehow manages to keep this information from the public?'

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by dereks
Care to show proof that the claim was ridiculed by experts? How about naming the experts who ridiculed it?

Promontorium Olivium is the site of the somewhat infamous O'Neill's Bridge. Without access to the original documents the circumstances surrounding this event are a bit difficult to reconstruct, but it seems that in 1953, as the Sun was setting over the western shore of Mare Crisium, science writer John J. O'Neill observed a fan of light apparently emanating from the low spot between Promontorium Olivium and Promontorium Lavinium and spreading to the east. Incorrectly interpretting this as the signature of the arch of a 12-mile wide natural bridge he sent letters seeking confirmation of his discovery to a number of prominent lunar observers of the day, including H. P. Wilkins. Wilkins possibly understood that a lunar bridge would not produce a fan of light, but seems to have claimed to have observed the shadow of a much smaller arch (and the light shining through its aperture) at nearly the same location; observing this both with a 15-inch reflector at his home and with the Mount Wilson 60-in reflector (the later, at least, with a quite high Sun). Wilkins' (south up) Mount Wilson sketch (see Dobbins and Baum, 1998 article in Bibliography) shows a tiny loop to the south of the small crater known in the System of Lunar Craters as Proclus PA (just to the right of the dot for Proclus P in the Lunar Orbiter photo shown at the top of this page -- which is likely at very nearly the same sun angle as Wilkins' untimed Mount Wilson observation). Wilkins estimated the length of his smaller arch to be about 1.5-2 miles, and appears to be trying to show in his drawing that its shadow pattern changes in the manner that would be expected for an arch illuminated by a lowering Sun. With his home telescope he might possibly have been looking at Proclus PA itself, the bowl of which seems to be represented in the Mount Wilson sketch by a dark circle with a bird-like double beak extending to the south. Strangely, the axis of the bird's bill is shown diverging from the axis of Promontorium Olivium at an angle of about 30° when all photos suggest they should be nearly parallel or converging. It is unclear if Wilkins thought his arch could account for O'Neill's extremely broad fan of light when illuminated at much lower sun angles (something that would require some highly improbable reflections from shiny surfaces on the underside of the bridge). According to Charles Wood, Wilkins hinted in the 1954 edition of Wilkins and Moore that the bridge might be artificial, although other articles about the incident claim Wilkins always insisted its was natural. All references to O Neill and his bridge seem to have been expunged from the final 1961 edition of The Moon, although his name is printed just to the west of the gap between the two promontories on Wilkins' map of Section XII (p. 192), and the name is listed as having been proposed by Wilkins (p. 353).

Promontorium Olivium does not appear in later lists of IAU-approved nomenclature; yet it also does not appear on any published list of deletions, and the name does not appear to have ever been formally dropped.

the-moon.wikispaces.com...

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkyBluePegasus

Yes, we've known about this for years. This is why whenever an American walks into a room everyone stops talking.

How do you know what nation a person is from just by watching them enter a room? Personally I think this special power of yours is more ground breaking than the moon story.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Just saw this at Dateline Zero ... "Evidence of Alien Life on the Moon Being 'Withheld from the American People.'"

A snip from the article:

For decades, researchers have claimed that strange objects have been seen on or above the moon — things that shouldn’t be there.

An example of a classic case was dusted off upon the recent discovery of what appears to be a natural bridge on the moon. Such a claim was made in 1950s when a bridge seen on the lunar surface; but it was argued away.

The person making the “moon bridge” claim back then was ridiculed by experts who said that such a thing was impossible. Guess it is actually possible after all.

A more recent case involved the discovery of water on the moon. Experts said in the past that water on the moon was non-existent, and that the moon was dry as a bone. Wrong again.

There’s likely to be a lot of moon-related “I told you so” finger wagging taking place in the coming decades. Will any of these I-told-you-so’s involve evidence of intelligent life being found on Earth’s moon?

The article is inspired by an article from Lee Speigel at AOL's Weird News, where Speigal quotes some of the fantastic claims made by Richard C. Hoagland. (Wait, I suppose his claims are all pretty fantastic.)

But the article makes, I think, a good point. Water on the moon, and a bridge on the moon, were all waved away as ridiculous and impossible. Could evidence of life having been on the moon at one time be the next thing to make experts say "I guess we were wrong"?

Mod Edit: External Source Tags Instructions – Please Review This Link.
edit on 2/11/2010 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

It was never a bridge as we know bridges. What was seen was a featureless area and someone though it was a bridge over a chasm. B.S.! The resolution could never allow such detail.

Water on the moon? Not like here on earth. IOW, flowing water. Just rocks that could contain water molecules but it's going to take a lot of "squeezing" to get a drop.

There is no doubt that something could be said is going on on the moon since enough UFOs have been filmed flying over, scooting over, etc. I made a thread about a crater giving off what seem to be acknowledging signals to a white object that was passing over it.

But structures? Glass domes? Alien artifacts? Alien structures? I DOUBT IT!

edit on 3-11-2010 by The Shrike because: Left out a word, for coherence.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Its hard for me to understand the thought process churning within some of you...

It seems at times as if the type hits the screen before the thought is ever rolled over and examined internally....

I picture some of you grinning in triumph when issuing these lashings, and feeding your ego, or demon, with a giant spoon cast in lead...You're poisoning your own minds, and attempting to spread your cancer lest you be alone in your convictions....

Originally posted by dereks

The person making the “moon bridge” claim back then was ridiculed by experts who said that such a thing was impossible.

A ridiculous request...Honored by Zorgon none the less...

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts

I would love to know the mechanism you imagine that is in place for something so outlandish to even be remotely real.

Your ability to transmit condescending tone through type is astounding, however unwarranted...

Originally posted by The Shrike

It was never a bridge as we know bridges. What was seen was a featureless area and someone though it was a bridge over a chasm. B.S.! The resolution could never allow such detail.

Water on the moon? Not like here on earth. IOW, flowing water. Just rocks that could contain water molecules but it's going to take a lot of "squeezing" to get a drop.

There is no doubt that something could be said is going on on the moon since enough UFOs have been filmed flying over, scooting over, etc. I made a thread about a crater giving off what seem to be acknowledging signals to a white object that was passing over it.

But structures? Glass domes? Alien artifacts? Alien structures? I DOUBT IT!

edit on 3-11-2010 by The Shrike because: Left out a word, for coherence.

water to ice, pots to kettles...

Why is it so conceivable for you that Aliens would fly over and receive visible light beams of information from the surface of the moon, when the suggestion of an ancient structure on the moon is doubtful?
edit on 3-11-2010 by OneEleven because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptSplatter

How do you know what nation a person is from just by watching them enter a room? Personally I think this special power of yours is more ground breaking than the moon story.

before he comes in to the room, you hear the nasal twang and every other word is "God Damn" followed by "mother fu**er"

Just jokin, we all love you lot...honest

edit on 3/11/2010 by Lyrian because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

No I don't believe that there is evidence of intelligent extraterrestrial life on the moon that's being hidden from Americans. And further, I agree with other people's comments that saying evidence is being hidden from "the American people" is a funny thing to say. "The people of earth" might be better wording.

That said, I also choose not to believe that there is zero evidence of intelligent life on the moon. And if there were such evidence, and NASA found it, I wouldn't be a bit surprise if they kept it under wraps, at least for the time being.

I don't like to assume that we have everything all figured out about anything, if that makes sense. Gosh, we couldn't get the water-on-the-moon thing right ...

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Does anyone else find it strange that when they released the findings of the debris analysis (from the LCROSS controlled crash into the Cabeus Crater) they found trace amounts of silver, calcium, magnesium, up to a billion gallons of water, and (get this) liquid mercury at the same abundance as the water on one of the poles? What is potentially a billion of gallons of liquid mercury doing at the South Pole of the moon?

Link

Dr Kurt Retherford, a fellow expert from Southwest Research Institute in San Antonio, Texas, one of the scientists operating the LRO instruments, said the biggest surprise was finding mercury at about the same abundance as water. "Its toxicity could present a challenge for human exploration," he said.

edit on 3-11-2010 by bigbomb456 because: correction

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptSplatter

...seriously? You didn't pick up on the sarcasm there?

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Lights that have been seen upon—or near?—the moon.....

I found these sitings to be interesting and related to the OP ....

These are from the 1800's and earlier, I dont think we had satilites back then........

In 1783 and 1787, Herschel reported more lights on or near the moon, which he supposed were volcanic.

Bright spots seen on the moon, November, 1821 (Proc. London Roy. Soc., 2-167).

For four other instances, see Loomis (Treatise on Astronomy, p. 174).

A moving light is reported in Phil. Trans., 84-429. To the writer, it looked like a star passing over the moon—"which, on the next moment's consideration I knew to be impossible." "It was a fixed, steady light upon the dark part of the moon." I suppose "fixed" applies to luster.

In the Report of the Brit. Assoc., 1847-18, there is an observation by Rankin, upon luminous points seen on the shaded part of themoon, during an eclipse. They seemed to this observer like reflections of stars. That's not very reasonable: however, we have, in the Annual Register, 1821-687, a light not referable to a star—because it moved with the moon: was seen three nights in succession; reported by Capt. Kater. See Quart. four. Roy. Inst., 12-133.

Phil. Trans., 112-237:

Report from the Cape Town Observatory: a whitish spot on the dark part of the moon's limb. Three smaller lights were seen.

Communication from Dr. F. B. Harris (Popular Astronomy, 20398):

That, upon the evening of Jan. 27, 1912, Dr. Harris saw, upon the moon, "an intensely black object." He estimated it to be 250 miles long and 50 miles wide. "The object resembled a crow poised, as near as anything."

Science, July 31, 1896:

That, according to a newspaper account, Mr. W. R. Brooks, director of the Smith Observatory, had seen a dark round object pass rather slowly across the moon, in a horizontal direction. In Mr. Brooks' opinion it was a dark meteor.

"In the early twentieth century Charles Fort put together great quantities of exhaustively documented 'puzzling evidence.' This is data which science is unable or unwilling to explain, such rains of fish or blood, mysterious animals, or manufactured artifacts in deep strata. Fort collected numerous accounts of aerial phenomena prior to the invention of aviation, including huge cylinders and spheres in the sky. Many of these would today be considered UFOs."

www.sacred-texts.com...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join