It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain and France sign new military treaties.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk...

This has to be the most laughable of the new coalitions actions.

For a start the French have only ever been interested in France when it comes to them being asked for co-operation.
How many times have they ducked out when they were called to assist ?

Their military co-operation with Russia is also a question.

A bad move I think.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I saw this today too. It's all down to the aircraft carriers I think. Did you see as well the US wants forces present to assist with security at the 2012 olympics?...

I'm not sure what they think is going to happen. On both counts 'too many cooks spoil the broth' comes to mind.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by martin3030

Hey
, i made a post about this earlier

Its called England loses the SAS and out nukes.........handing over power to another nation is a rediculous notion...they are preparing us for a world government....a world army

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Big Raging Loner
I saw this today too. It's all down to the aircraft carriers I think. Did you see as well the US wants forces present to assist with security at the 2012 olympics?...

I'm not sure what they think is going to happen. On both counts 'too many cooks spoil the broth' comes to mind.

the carriers seem to be the straw that broke the camels back, but I honestly think it goes a little deeper than that, and that this is the first step towards a European Army.

Cameron a Eurosceptic, my left foot he is.

However as far as putting a Wasp Class Amphib in the Thames goes, perhaps if the American Establishment is so concerned for their citizens safety in the UK then perhaps they should simply not attend an unsafe event.

Besides with my tin foil hat on is their really any point in attending if the world is going to end a few months later

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Great now we can expect to see our new aircraft carriers fitted with a souped up reverse gear, our special forces given a new weapon, "le flag de blanc" for helping them dissapear quickly from any battle field and all field rations upgraded to accomodate garlic escargot's. Plus now no decision will be made without a mandatory week long strike and naval blockade. At least with having french special forces on our side any offensive or aggressive movement from green peace vessels docked at harbour will be speedily dealt with.
Viva la Guerre!
:-(

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Yes good point.
The defence cuts have not gone down well with the people.
Nimrod aircrafts that are facing being cut up before leaving the factory(2 are already completed) 7 are work in progress.
Our flagship carrier already decommissioned Harriers scrapped ..........
All at a time when our "cold war enemy" Russia is beefing up its subs,planes,and missiles.
Well I guess its well known that ships and planes cant defend against EMPs and star wars lasers.
So will we see other agreements maybe Germany and Netherlands ?
Sweden and Norway ? Asked what would happen in interview Cameron spokesman said each will retain sovreign decisions.
So what will happen if France says....oh sorry we cant go there...or use your own Carrier for this one.
Given that we will have a carrier with no planes for 10 years-what exactly will they be using ?
Putin must be laughing over his Vodka.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by markygee

I don't understand why you must push French stereotypes?

That's just an indicator of how ignorant you are.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

I was joking actually which I thought was obvious from my reply, the uk and the french have been working together for years so this is only a public confirmation of something thats happened already. Sorry to have caused offence as we all know that what I quoted about the french has never hapened before...
edit on 2/11/10 by markygee because: english terminology "s'n-word'" contains offensive word which I didn't realise as the word is commonly used in the UK to describe a giggle or chuckle

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by markygee
reply to post by The Sword

I was joking actually which I thought was obvious from my reply, the uk and the french have been working together for years so this is only a public confirmation of something thats happened already. Sorry to have caused offence as we all know that what I quoted about the french has never hapened before...
edit on 2/11/10 by markygee because: english terminology "s'n-word'" contains offensive word which I didn't realise as the word is commonly used in the UK to describe a giggle or chuckle

I saw it as tongue in cheek.
Lets be honest,although we have been working together for years-if you ask the average person in the UK how they have viewed outr relations with France in the last few years,most would say not too good.
Its no secret at all.
Their blocking of resolutions/voting against us in the EU,burning our meat imports,and failing to tackle the immigration problems at their end of the CT have worn the patience of Brits down.
We were much closer to the US before Bush and Blair put paid to that.
I think that the US was very disappointed with Camerons defence cuts and we cant rely on America to fill the gaps.If this was an attempt to address those fears,then we can only wait and see.
But it is a concern and very questionable to see Britain trying to cut corners when all over the world it seems others are spending billions more on their defences.
The US $60 billion with Saudi Arabia,Russian deals with China India and Venezuela,etc etc.
The Middle East and Asian continents are building at a tremendous pace.
Its all all very worrying.

top topics

join