It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whole country had a seismic event and No One is REPORTING this.??? (Deep Quake)

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   
was up way too late here in the UK studying this last night..
Someone put ALL the info on a line.. here:71.114.183.242:1787...

and then it happened again around 1am...aslwww.cr.usgs.gov...

Very strange to see the same wave pattern all over the place...

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by paearmor

Oh..and just so everyone knows...I have to goto work today...blah...and please feel free to delete mods...because it is totally irrelevant like some of these posts...wow...I hit 2 lines on this...

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by NumbNuts

I hope so...because those reptilians living in the basement need something to eat

2nd...

and

3rd line..lines

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by darkest4

Well spoken, my friend. Not only are many posters overly suspicious to begin with. They don't even bother to read the thread to figure out that the case has already been solved. They just immediately assume that their unreasonable paranoia has "hit another mark," and immediately star/flag the thread followed by a senseless post completely ignoring the previously posted facts. Listen folks, a few squiggles on the Richter scale does not turn every ordinary airplane into a military jet that is hiding things from you.

Logic is our friend, and it's 100% free. Take some and feel free to use it.

Cheers,
Strype

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Strype

What is wrong with you guys? People are inspired to post something in response to what they've read in the thread prior to the post that gives the explanation. What is so hard to figure out about that?

Just because you've read the explanation doesn't mean everyone has yet. And no, you shouldn't have to read and entire multi-page, actively growing thread before you get to post. Lighten up, please.

There will be lots to discuss still in the coming hours. If its old news to you then please just move on and quit the harping.

Note: most of this rant is due to American whatever his name is; your post was just the straw ...

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo
Feel the need to post this here...but had intended on keeping it to myself.

Felt a huge pulse yesterday on the 1st...around 2-3pm.

I have felt such a thing 1 other time and it about knocked me off of my feet...took me about 30 mins to pull myself together for it feels like being knocked out of your own body for a moment.

This time, I gathered myself rather quickly from it....but it was stronger then the 1st time I experienced it which several months ago (even made a thread on it back then).

After it happened yesterday....I decided to keep it to myself this time. But after reading through this thread...Im thinking I should note it here, just in case.

Another word that kinda describes it...is like a quickening of energy within the body.

Not trying to make any suggestions. But if others felt anything of such in the last day or two...maybe bring it up here.

OMG OMG OMG...im shocked....i just experienced the same thing u said...for 4 or 5 seconds like being knocked out or something..my heart rate went up..and no im not old..im just 19 ..... it all relates in someway...
i have no idea whats going on...but is something wrong??

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by GammaRayBurst

Nothing to worry about it's just a small asteroid, hit the earth and it rings like a bell.
with the waves bouncing around inside the earth.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Didn't feel a thing here on the east coast - unless your talking about the elections......

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Hey guys, speaking as a geology student i find this data really odd, to have the same seismic signature transmitted around the globe is very unusual generally the wave decreases in magnitude the further from the epicentre it is, but this wave has been sustained, even operating within the shadow zone where it should show up as a virtually non existant tremor.....

Im sure your all aquainted with the idea of polar shift (where the magnetic field re-aligns itself) this could be a precursour to the shift, which on a geological scale we are long overdue (magnetic striping at Mid Oceanic Ridge is indicative of this)

Geologically this is supicious and needs to be monitored.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by InterestedParty
Hey guys, speaking as a geology student i find this data really odd, to have the same seismic signature transmitted around the globe is very unusual generally the wave decreases in magnitude the further from the epicentre it is, but this wave has been sustained, even operating within the shadow zone where it should show up as a virtually non existant tremor.....

Im sure your all aquainted with the idea of polar shift (where the magnetic field re-aligns itself) this could be a precursour to the shift, which on a geological scale we are long overdue (magnetic striping at Mid Oceanic Ridge is indicative of this)

Geologically this is supicious and needs to be monitored.

holy monkees!
Actaully somebody who knows what they are talking about?

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I'm interested in hearing the outcome of all of this. While this event did not affect me, it certainly interests me. I'm hoping that someone with some authority on the matter can comment.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Hi I'm new here from the UK.
Have you seen this link? Earthquake activity around Greece.
geophysics.geo.auth.gr...
I am picking up lots of activity from Europe, Turkey, Sebia, Russia Etc. We are also seeing rainbow clouds and short square rainbows.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by SeelenJaeger

I think TA's response was warranted..

It's just that a lot of people care about the quality of content this site offers it's users. They being the creators of the content themselves, should put forth some effort, and research a claim before shouting it from the rooftops as truth!

You see how baseless the core claims of this thread was? Look how fast it made the top of the front page. Yes, seismographs do tend to register from time to time. Obviously this is a new and exciting concept among some.

Some members are only so entertained by the hysterical doomsday threads. All too often we get the sensational ones based off of fringe-science at best. Bringing out every armchair skeptic on ATS.

Though I wont deny the entertainment offered by some.

edit on 3-11-2010 by susp3kt because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   

I dunno bout this but another quake just went off in Indonesia territory. 6.1

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by kingkong24
Colorado here, no earthquakes happening here.. but it does draw my attention to possible explanations for the country wide earthquakes. I would have to guess that it could be something massive in space, maybe some gravitational pull?

No, it can be something as lowly as a mag 6 earthquake as we have just seen demonstrated.

Normally a deep earthquake of around 6.5 will ring all the siesmos in the world like a bell. As an example the deep (600+km) Brazilian earthquake earlier this year. This type of earthquake will do little or no damage at all but will be seen on seismos everywhere.

There has just been a 6.1 around where the 5.8 that caused this thread happened. It will be interesting to see if that too appears on all the siesmos.I do think that one yesterday was a double.

Sometimes it is difficult to get ones head round earthquake magnitudes, but take two extremes.
  • 3.0 which few people will even notice and will do no damage (normally)
  • 9.5 The most powerful earthquake the world has experienced.

The difference in strength between these two quakes is not 6.5 times stronger, but is..................

[size=54]5,623,413,251.9

Yes five billion six hundred and twenty three million, four hundred and thirteen thousand two hundred and fifty one point nine times stronger!

That takes some getting your head round. It is the equivalent of 2.67 gigatons of TNT

See the comparisons here

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I'd just like to apologize to everyone....It was me, I fell out of bed and caused the tremors. I should of told you as soon as I could but it was so hard to get back up that when I did....I headed straight to the kitchen for breakfast.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
1. No one fully understands Earth geology yet, it's still a complete mystery.
2. If they really knew what they were talking about, they could predict quakes months ahead of time.
3. But since no one can predict quakes yet, I'll remain skeptical of anyone who claims to know what is really going on.

muzzleflash I always respect your input on the threads but I must say this:

1. No it is not a complete mystery. We do understand a very great part of it - but I agree not all of it.

2. No they could not, and the reason is not because they don't know but because they cannot see/measure.

Fault stresses occur of huge distances and great depths that we have no hope at present of measuring. Even if we could measure the stresses building up it may not be possible to predict a quake as the geology/faults/stresses etc of every where will be different.

3. I don't think that any of us here who have an interest in the subject have claimed to know what is going on - in terms of future happening - BUT we can determine what happened in the past from the the simple observation of data. You do not need to be an expert to do this.

I am not an expert. I did do a college course in geology in the days when plate tectonics was a newfangled idea and the earth was still flat, and I have had a life long interest in the subject. This makes me knowledgeable on the subject but does not make me a geologist and I would never claim to be one.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fox Molder
I'd just like to apologize to everyone....It was me, I fell out of bed and caused the tremors. I should of told you as soon as I could but it was so hard to get back up that when I did....I headed straight to the kitchen for breakfast.

You should probably lose some weight then

Please do not do it again!

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
The event has a perfectly logical explanation here: (Deep Quake)

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And it's been pointed out numerous times over the thread. Closing.

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join