It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wells Fargo Repossesses A Fully Paid Off Car

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
www.king5.com...

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Even though she has a clear title to the 1999 Chrysler LHS, Wells Fargo bank still took the car and dropped it off in a Kent auction yard.

"I called the police, showed them my title, and they still let them take my car," Newton said.

Not only did she own the car, but when she showed the cops the title, the cops helped the bank legally steal her car.

Banks are stealing people's houses that are either fully paid off or mortgaged by a different bank/company. Now, they're stealing people's cars.

The bank later returned the car after bad media attention and phone calls to the bank president. However, the repo people burned out her gas and brought back without filling up the tank or anything and she had to be without transportation while she waited for it to be cleared up.

edit on 11/2/2010 by Jessicamsa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Jessicamsa

What do you really expect from a bunch of liars and theves? Legal gangbangers.... without the drugs and all.

MOTF!

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
should have shot them. thats bs..

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
It was also returned to her.

In the interest of accuracy of course.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by eNumbra

Yes, as was stated in the OP.

They returned it unclean and with an empty gas tank.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jessicamsa

As was changed after I posted you mean. The original version of the post contained no such thing.

They're bankers, not a maid service. She should be thankful she got it back at all.
edit on 11/2/2010 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Well after I posted.

They're bankers, not a maid service. She should be thankful she got it back at all.

I edited within minutes of my posting it, which was way before you posted.

They returned it after burning up her gas that she paid for. They caused her to go without transportation until she got the car back and had to use her money to buy more gas after they burned up the gas. They cost her financially by stealing the car. Had it been a regular person who stole the car, he/she would be in jail.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
This isn't about evil bankers. That perspective is short-sighted and frankly stupid.

What this should be about is the power of simple clerical error backed by the guns of law enforcement having real and potentially irreparable consequences.

Whether it's a lender reposing a paid-off vehicle or the door of a wrong address kicked in by DEA agents or a missplaced decimal on a 1099 causing financial threats, freezes and destruction of the all-mighty credit score there is far too much power in government sanctioned and violently enforced beurocracy.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Perhaps, there's no time stamp on edits.

They returned it after burning up her gas that she paid for. They caused her to go without transportation until she got the car back and had to use her money to buy more gas after they burned up the gas. They cost her financially by stealing the car. Had it been a regular person who stole the car, he/she would be in jail.

You say it as if they took it for a joy ride; the police who did nothing when she provided a title should be investigated but there is no proof provided that any Wells Fargo employees ordered her car repoed', it could have been a bad address. Some people have become so reliant on GPS's that there are stories of Demolition companies leveling the wrong house and people turning into storefront windows.

They also don't show before or after pictures of the inside of the car or of the fuel gauge, so anything she says about the tank or condition of the inside is heresay at best.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I have spent a few years working in the collections industry specializing in car notes....I know I was bottom feeding scum, so keep the insults to a minimum, there is also a reason I got out of the field.

I have seen this happen a few times, but more than often it actually is a justified action. The whole story doesnt seem to be reported here. Many times a title is delivered in the penultimate month of a loan. This is done so that the customer can transfer the title lien free to their name as soon as the final payment is received. And be final payment I dont mean simply the 60th or 72nd payment, I mean the final payment plus any late fees and penalties that were incurred during the 5 or 6 years of the loan that become collectable at maturation.

I have seen literally dozens of cases where the customer gets the title in the penultimate month, and never send the final payment or the other related charges. Now this simply may be a case where there was a mistake on the part of the bank, but I know from these experiences that there are more questions raised by that article than were answered.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Unfortunately, this is an indication of the problem with the entire banking system today. It started out with groups of people saying how unfair it was that some people got special treatment and demanded that they too get cheap credit. The banks, and government, bowed to the pressures of the special interest groups and different lobbying organizations to make the changes to the banking regulations and how they do business, and the debt cycle began. It stated out as a noble deep, where credit was there for everyone, to purchase what they desired, but there were people who were purchasing items that they could not normally afford. Easy credit, and buy now, well that causes problems in the long run. Most banks and businesses who gave out the credit and lent the money, ended up selling those titles and debts to other banks and businesses, as a means to get them off of the books. As sad as this story may seem, that is what it appears to be, in short an accounting error, where she made all of the payments, paid off the car, but the people holding the debt did not get the notice that the amount had been paid off. So they probably did not realize that what they were doing was illegal and tantamount to theft. If anything this should be a good clear reminder, keep all records for a few years, before tossing them on purchases that are made, lest it comes back to haunt you. I am however, very pleased to see that even though they made a mistake, she does not appear to be taking legal action against Wells Fargo.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

Kudos here.
I sense an inate understanding of the banking industry with this one.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Did you hear the last part- they've been hearing about this happening a lot?
WTH - it IS about evil bankers and big govt. siding with them.

Wells Fargo is crazy. They told me a week or two ago that cash wasn't an asset. lol

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
What a bunch of gobermnt sponsored thieves!
Where is Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton (the riot king) and Louis Farakhan
when you need them!

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   

As was changed after I posted you mean. The original version of the post contained no such thing.

Explain this to me like I am a 5 year old... she paid off and legally owns a car. The bank comes and illegally steals her car, then returns it in worse condition than it was when it was illegally removed from her possession, and for that she should be thankful?

That is the same as if some random people broke into your home and were squatting on your property. Eventually you get them kicked out and your home is destroyed. Should you then be thankful that you got it back from the squatters at all?

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
Explain this to me like I am a 5 year old.

Clerical errors happen little billy; thems the breaks. But she got it back before it was sold off.

THE PROBLEM, is the authoritarian police state that sided with the bank despite the woman having the title and showing it to them. You are attacking the bank like they've got a roving band of goons geo-tagging cars they like and stealing them for a joy ride.

That is the same as if some random people broke into your home and were squatting on your property. Eventually you get them kicked out and your home is destroyed. Should you then be thankful that you got it back from the squatters at all?

More like the landlord you were renting from breaking into the home you were renting and kicking you out temporarily; but why use accurate metaphors when attacking the big bad banks.

Once again, no pictures of before and after of both the car and gas gauge all we have is her word at the tail end of the report, which, when said, comes off like a joke to make the bank look like a bunch of pricks.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Jessicamsa

The cops are there to ensure commerce goes along without issue. And here we thought the police were there to enforce our rights.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   

So I can come take your car for a few days and you wont report it stolen if I bring it back?

Cool, whats your address and what kind of car will I be uh borrowing?

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by BigTimeCheater

Who stars posts like these? Seriously?

We have one side of a story and everybody is codemning the bank, I don't because there may be more to what happened and apparently that means I condone theft. Get a grip.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Well after I posted.

lI would have a lawyer real quick,make them think twice next time......

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join