It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quick Contrail/Chemtrail question.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I've been trying to figure out whether or not I think that "chem" trails actually exist, or if they ARE in fact simply condensation, vapor, or ice crystals or whatever.

The main argument I see from believers is "why do some trails evaporate immediately, while others last for hours?"

to which the skeptics reply with "how long the trails linger in the sky is relative to the atmospheric weather conditions..." or something or other.

So my question is for the believers. Can anyone offer me any good reason to why the official explanation doesn't hold water? Before you do, I'd like to first say that "how come sometimes you see a contrail AND a chemtrail at the same time" doesn't suffice for me, because it's near impossible to tell the difference in altitude between planes from the ground.

I watched "What in the world are they spraying?" and I don't feel that my question was covered.

I'll end this by pointing out that I myself am on the fence on this one. I entertain the idea that Chemtrails might be happening, but at the same time, the official explanation seems to make perfect sense.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I too wanna know why the chemtrail believers apply different laws of nature, to the water vapor being exhausted from airplanes, from the laws that are applied to regular water vapor that forms clouds..

edit on 2/11/2010 by DGFenrir because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Im a beliver.. but that dont make me a expert in the subject
but there is ofc a reason I belive in "chemtrails" but im not even sure about that name, because I dont know whats in it. But the reason I belive.. is these chemtrails are criss cross all over the sky from all directions.. I live in northern denmark, we only got one airport, with start and landings here. but these trails are from all over the place, it started 1 year ago

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Vandalour

As a "believer", you are puzzled about the "criss-cross" contrails? (Yes, contrails, regular contrails from regular commercial air traffic).

This might help, since you're in Denmark (lovely country, was visiting two years ago last summer):

www.flightradar24.com...

So, you see....your proximity to the "one" airport isn't the point...flights pass by all the time, coming/going form many other locations, not landing near you. Besides, when down low for takeoffs, and landings, no contrails anyways......

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I'm not a believer and never have been. I thought the first "chemtrail" video was a joke.......it was clouds, not even "special" ones, just some clouds. And told them so. And got barraged with all kinds of uh,....road apples flung at me for disbelieving "they" are doing "something" with some "chemicals". If you read lots of "chemtrail" sites, you see there is no consensus. Or rather, the reason and criminals involved tend to change to match the theory du jour. And no one but debunkers seem to notice.
When I started it was pharmacueticals for birth control or immunosuppression. Then it became "weather warfare", done by the NWO to control the unwashed masses and overthrow governments all over the world so the elite will reign. For a while there was a lot of video minutes spent on "chemtrails" being used to mask the coming planet Nibiru. Now it's geoengineering. But still there are no good tests that show anything other than jet exhaust.
Or clouds. They still show lots of natural clouds.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Here is a recent documentary on Chemtrails. Its not the best documentary film in the world, but it brings up a lot of good points.

edit on 3-11-2010 by MZYYY because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by MZYYY

Its not the best documentary film in the world, but it brings up a lot of good points.

Actually, that "mock"umentary (doesn't qualify to be described as a "documentary") has been discussed plenty, threads started based on the trailers for the film. It is a work of fiction. Masquerading as a "documentary".

In other threads I've mentioned that I will try to slog through (at least the segment you posted, as a start) and dissect it point-by-point with actual facts and sources......

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Don’t forget that its not only air temperature and humidity that contributes to the creation of contrails, but also engine operating temperature as this photo shows:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0bf065d2bfeb.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Chemtrails do exist!

Here is a link to the most up to date documentary on the subject with quite surprising interviews with congress people and with scientific data coroberating claims of widespread spraying of aluniium and barium.

This subject is no longer up for debate.

Chemtrails are real

Case Closed.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Oh yeah

heres the link

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by swanson

I've already watched that documentary (as I stated in the OP) and while it's packaged well, and has some interesting moments, there was no hardcore proof in there.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Yes its wiki but i found it interesting none the less.
When speaking to politicians about it,do not use the words chemtrail/contrail, its called geoengineering the victorian gov au has hosted a summit on the matter, very alarming.

en.wikipedia.org...

and this

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 11-11-2010 by iceblue20-12 because: add link

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by iceblue20-12

Sorry, but you've "found" nothing new.

Read beyond the headline. There is no secret about the fact that concern has been raised regarding the Earth's climate changes, the possibility that it is Human-induced, and possible scenarios to discuss, as possible remedies.

Discussion, that's all. Proposals, ideas, brain storming.

Trying to consider all theories, amass more data, and derive a potential solution, should one be considered necessary, and even IF it will ever be feasible.

There are NO on-going large-scale such efforts currently underway. The fact that it IS being considered is just that...not an indication of actual implementation.

AND, any such efforts would not be undertaken without an International consensus, and would be very prominent news, not a secret of any sort.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

That was posted for the op to gain more knowledge on the overall picture.
An open mind is like a sponge,a closed mind is like a brick.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Just google geo engendering.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by iceblue20-12

You're missing my point.

People read those articles, and completely misinterpret them, and go ape# over it...starting to run around claiming "It's happening now!!!"

When, nothing is farther from the truth.

Speaking of "open minds"?
The problem we have, on this topic, is a combination of selective information quoting in some cases, to give false impressions and the fact that some people don't do their own research deeply enough, to actually read those articles fully, to understand what they really say.

Instead, people react to quick sound-bites, especially if they have a predisposition to be biased in favor of some "conspiracy" or something....they let emotion override their logic and reasoning.

top topics

join