It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freshmans Forum???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Duh, me. Sorry but I am wondering why, and when this "new" forum has been added??? It seems to me that is what the Introductions Forum and Board Business Forum function would be. Someone that is new should have no problem using the existing forums that everyone else has used since this boards conception.

Change is good, don't get me wrong....but too much change, is not.

So, please enlighten us. In that case, why not have a Suggestion Box Forum so that the newbies can just remake this bb into what THEY want it to be. Seem to remember that this was a suggestion last week and the reply was, Not Gonna Happen. But it did, didn't it???

~holly

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
ya missed this one.

Why not put a 5 minute moratorium per post, new or answered. That might keep the goose eggs from happening to most of the new posts, eh?

~h

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Holly N.R.A.

I don't think the Freshman's Forum is actually new.
I'm fairly sure that I've been seeing (and ignoring) that icon for most of the time I've been here. There are threads on the forum going back to 2006. Perhaps, like me, you felt so little need for it that you didn't even realise it was there?

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI
reply to post by Holly N.R.A.

I don't think the Freshman's Forum is actually new.
I'm fairly sure that I've been seeing (and ignoring) that icon for most of the time I've been here. There are threads on the forum going back to 2006. Perhaps, like me, you felt so little need for it that you didn't even realise it was there?

More than likely the case, Disraeli. Just figured with the comments from last week, the newbies got what they asked for. As for the comments with older dates, aren't mods able to move threads? When they do, don't the dates the thread was last posted or answered, retain the date where it was previously posted?

Either way, this place will do and be what the owners want it to be...so it's kinda like voting....ya know?

~holly

top topics

join