It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama "visit" to India costs 200 million. Per day.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

Does the cost of the trip really matter? The timing is conspicuous as is the actual destination.

The American public is drowning and the POTUS is leaving to go to the Taj Mahal?

Why not just burn US currency on the White House lawn in front of Joe Average?

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I guess there is no way in hell he will reconsider and instead keep that money at home.

Well, hopefully he can at least bring some jobs back home when he returns from India.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
atleast hitler was doing it for his people,and helped his country dominate the world bro'
obama just screwed everything.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

Oh yeah, let's have the facts please! And, pray tell, who do we trust for those facts?

The number is incalculable. It actually may be MORE than 200 mil. The question is, has this, or any, administration given us any reason to trust THEIR accounting?

It should be obvious they really don't care what we think. They know we are powerless to recoup any money they spend foolishly, we are ON THE HOOK for it, regardless of how many hundred millions it is.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I think I am going to cry

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Stewie

"Except for personnel providing immediate security to the President, the US officials may not be allowed to carry weapons. The state police is competent to take care of the security measures and they would be piloting the Presidential convoy," the official said on condition of anonymity.

they are the most stupid people i have ever seen and they signed off on that.

that is begging for an assination attempt.

and 200 million a day for how many days?

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Alright are we over the cost shock yet!!! Can someone please tell me what the purpose of this trip is - what does the Obama administration say - maybe we can read between the lines if we know that. I can't believe they would let the public know what this costs unless they told us some lie about it being for the good of the country - cough cough

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
1. I'm interested to know what the real purpose of the trip is. I'm sure it's quite expensive as well. That being said...

2. The OP is just claiming a completely imaginary number without any real source. Why don't I just start a thread saying "Obama flies to Mars to visit his 4 Billion dollar mansion he built with your grandchildren's money!!!!!!" And then we can all freak out about Obama being the worst person to have ever lived. Nero and Hitler were saints compared to Obama!! OMG he's the most insane destructor of everything holy that has ever been on this planet since before time existed. Then I would call for his death and rant and scream a lot.

3. Let's get some actual facts eh? And perhaps quell this insanity?

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by pirhanna
2. The OP is just claiming a completely imaginary number without any real source.

Odd? The link to the article is in the OP? Just saying?

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by pirhanna

Just for you

Link one.

Link two.

Link three.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
From India Today.

The presidential entourage will have 40 aircraft, including the Air Force One that will ferry the president. There will be six armoured cars, including the Barack Mobile, a Cadillac.

The Cadillac limousine is equipped with a mini communication centre to enable Obama to be in touch with the White House, US vice president and the US strategic command. It also has the US nuke launch codes and the nuclear switch for the president. It can also withstand a chemical or germ warfare or even a bomb attack.

The secret service will set up two command posts in Delhi and Mumbai which will act as the communication nerve centres. These centres will keep an eye on each movement by the president with real time satellite monitoring.

Three Marine One choppers will be reassembled in India to ferry Obama and his family. These helicopters will also assist in evacuation in case of an emergency.

Moreover, 30 sniffer dogs will be put on service to boost the security arrangements during Obama's visit.

Just an ordinary Americans Family Trip. It's also interesting he may not have his meetings as the top leaders in government in India have been asked to resign over a scam they pulled on the Indian people.

Link about the scandal.

Corruption charges are swirling over a new apartment block in an upscale Mumbai district where homes meant for war widows have gone cheaply to politicians and military officers, embarrassing India’s ruling Congress party.

The scandal has broken out days before U.S. President Barack Obama arrives in the city.

Suppose he will cancel the trip so he does not waste the money?

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
It seems like this is a government in exile? On a serious note, he knows when the Republicans takeover it is going to be an uphill struggle. We can expect hearings, scandals, and other twisted games brought by the opposition as they did when they took the House in 1994. They ran Clinton through the wringer.

I am certain it is a sober night for the President and his staff at the White House. It appears the Republicans and their Tea Party have won a resounding victory as has been predicted. Election results are still coming in. Moreover, the President is going get assaulted by both sides of the isle as well. From Republicans wanting to make a name for themselves and Democrats holding a grudge for how sour things have gotten for them after this election.

He is going to have to fight tooth and nail to get anything done. Economy in the tank, mass unemployment, astronomical spending, bailouts, ineffective policies, and other unpopular measures does not dole well on his future prospects. There is a storm brewing, and this trip may have something to do with? It is very close to the midterms, and the President is experiencing one of the poorest popularity periods of his Presidency. The cost of this trip is phenomenal and unnecessary. What are they royalty or something? Some will write if off as usual business and cite other instances of extravagant trips being taken by other President's of the past, but in those times it was different. America is suffering economically and this latest flap will only alienate the President even further. This trip is an epic display of decadence, and the strange thing is, it has only been reported sparingly by the MSM. I hope he enjoys the caviar, fine wine, and cognac at his pleasure palace. As the old adage goes, "Time to pay the piper."
edit on 2-11-2010 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

Same way Bush was ran through the wringer. They are all the same.

Nixon was a Saint compared to the latest people from both sides of the aisle.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

I appreciate the links. Does it not seem odd to you that they include everyone that is getting paid to do this anyway as part of this "extravagant" expense? Why not just add the entire military budget into the figure because they are "protecting" Obama.

The majority of the expense that they are claiming is expense that is happening with him sitting in the white house at home. Not saying that it isn't vastly ridiculous, but it's hardly accountable to this trip to India as some kind of super vacation.

Claiming 200 million a day by some people that want to at their own whims, add in parts of the regular defense budget and the agents that are paid no matter where Obama is, is just ridiculous hyperbole. It's not accurate, and that's just the truth.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by Jakes51

Same way Bush was ran through the wringer. They are all the same.

Nixon was a Saint compared to the latest people from both sides of the aisle.

You got that right! Both sides have been brutal to whom ever is a leader contrary to their party. Nixon's dirty deeds seem quite tame, compared to what each side does to each other lately. They are like a bunch of rabid and ravenous hyenas. Washington is going to getting even messier than it has been in the past. Good point though, and I agree.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Link one:

provides absolutely no source or verification

Link two:

using the same source as the OP, NDTV

Link three:

provides no dollar amount and cites indiatoday which also provides no $$$$ amounts or sources

Every source I have searched, either provides no source or is going off the NDTV item, which inturn, provides no verification...just an un-named "highup offical says,,,,,".

Regardless, it is a huge expenditure and given the treat level, is probably appropriate. The Taj Hotel was the site of the largest Indian terrorist attack where the terrorist actually had an armed stand off with the army. Also from what I've gathered, the price tag includes India's cost of mobilizing their army and law enforcement to provide security.

Whether you agree with the trip or not is open to debate. Items to note: it is the second most populated country in the world with a rising economy(good counter point to China's recent muscle flexing), is home to many terrorists coming in from Afganistan and Pakistan, and is where most american "non-slave labour type" jobs are outsourced to. That should be the debate UNTIL a more reputable news agency verifies the amount.

edit on 2-11-2010 by Connector because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Stewie

200 Million a day you say ? In order to Cut the Deficit , we better get his rear end Back Home real soon then . ....

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by pirhanna

You do realize that anything he can do there, can be done via a secure teleconference? Are you saying you like government waste? Why?

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Connector

This is not my thread, but I'm sure that this is not cheap. I'll ask you the same. Why do you support government waste? I'd really like to know?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join