It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Jesus had HIV' sermon sparks South African fury

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
After reading the article and knowing of the situation in Africa with those afflicted with HIV and AIDS, we should be commending and backing this minister for his courage to stand up and try to do the right thing. In Africa, from what has been read, and reported on, in many of the countries, the hospitals are not trusted, and those that are inflicted with this disease are often shunned and ostracized by the local communities. Too many people and children afflicted with this disease, often suffer abuse and traumatized for nothing more than being infected. The results are often more devastating than the disease itself. This pastor and his message, is not to insult Christianity as many would suggest, but rather to try to bring people to terms with their faith and state, hey you can not shun someone who is inflicted, keeping them in the shadows, but we must show kindness and help them as even Christ would be willing to take this disease himself to cure people. And that is a statement of pure compassion and want to help his fellow man. No this minister did nothing wrong, but show the hypocrisy that exists among people, who want to follow a good message, but fail in its actions. Perhaps this will get more people who are wanting to help to go out to help, rather than keep the sick in the dark to live and die the most horrid way around, alone and uncared for.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by In nothing we trust
Let's do a blood test on everyone.

Let's find out who has aids and who doesn't.
edit on 4-11-2010 by In nothing we trust because: (no reason given)

As long as it's to help and not to hurt...then I'm all for it. If it is to place someone on a "list" then they could pretty much bite my booty so to speak.

While we are at it, let's include all other diseases too.

Wait....I think that is called free health care. We can dream can't we?
edit on 4-11-2010 by Nutter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nutter

While we are at it, let's include all other diseases too.

Wait....I think that is called free health care. We can dream can't we?

And how will this venture be payed for?

Do you think they just print money out of thin air?

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   

And how will this venture be payed for?

And which is my point. Who is paying for everyone to get HIV tested?

Not to be sarcastic, but did you miss where I called it free health care and then pretty much called it a pipe dream?
edit on 4-11-2010 by Nutter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Who is paying for everyone to get HIV tested?

Where does money come from?

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Double post removed

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Who is paying for everyone to get HIV tested?

Where does money come from?

I don't know. You are the one who suggested everyone be tested. You figure it out. If not, then your statement is moot. Comprende?

Let's recap......

You said.....

Let's do a blood test on everyone.

Let's find out who has aids and who doesn't.

Of which I said that is called free health care.

So. Back to the main quesion. Who pays for everyone to get tested?
edit on 5-11-2010 by Nutter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Actually.... yes

LINKY

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
Maybe.

Wait let's see if this helps us all get it.

Find someone to say publicly that mohammed also had HIV.

Let's see how the muslim world reacts (and how long the person that said it remains alive).

We'll all find out what a great idea it is to attack someone's religion metaphorically, or just to make a point.

You kind of picked the wrong thread to go Muslim bashing in. Apparently you have no idea what Christianity in Africa can be like.

EKET, Nigeria (AP) — The nine-year-old boy lay on a bloodstained hospital sheet crawling with ants, staring blindly at the wall.

His family pastor had accused him of being a witch, and his father then tried to force acid down his throat as an exorcism. It spilled as he struggled, burning away his face and eyes. The emaciated boy barely had strength left to whisper the name of the church that had denounced him — Mount Zion Lighthouse.

A month later, he died.
[url=http://current.com/news/91214886_churches-involved-in-torture-murder-of-thousands-of-african-children-denounced-as-witches.htm]source[/ url]
Gosh if only Muslims learned to be peaceful and loving like these Christians.
Want to see a video of Christians burning people in Africa? That is a good one.

Please do attempt to keep the Muslim bashing in threads that even remotely have anything to with anything Muslim.
edit on 11/5/10 by Curiousisall because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/5/10 by Curiousisall because: not sure why link shows up like that

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   

You do know that "witch" burnings are common place in SA and other African countries correct? Do you know why? .....................................Christianity!!!!!!!

You're talking rubbish. Stop it.

As for this thread .... i'm also leaning towards the preacher thinking out the box .... of course you must accept that while this preacher would be a nice guy, he's probably not very smart. I'm guessing anyone smarter would have included "if" in his ..... theoretical example.

EDIT to add: the money for testing? The US govt has donated lots (a few million) to teaching african males how to clean their foreskins ... don't ask me for a link, i'm not that bothered. Point is: there's plenty of cash being used for stupid ideas all the time.
edit on 5-11-2010 by harryhaller because: added stuff

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by harryhaller

You do know that "witch" burnings are common place in SA and other African countries correct? Do you know why? .....................................Christianity!!!!!!!

Really?

Just tried an internet search for "South African Witch Burning" and got 2.5 million results. I guess all those people are talking rubbish too?

search.yahoo.com...;_ylt=A0oG7mG48NNM9jMBO45XNyoA;_ylc=X1MDMjc2NjY3OQRfcgMyBGFvAzAEZnIDeWZwLXQtNzAxBGhvc3RwdmlkA00yTk45RW9HN3Y0WUNfeVpUTlB2 aUFNY1RCWFdxMHpUOExnQUJjcmEEbl9ncHMDMARuX3ZwcwMwBG9yaWdpbgNzcnAEcXVlcnkDc291dGggYWZyaWNhbiB3aXRjaCBidXJuaW5nBHNhbwMxBHZ0ZXN0aWQD?p=south+african+witch +burning&fr2=sb-top&fr=yfp-t-701

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by harryhaller

You can find the video in the opening post of this thread
Witch burning in Africa Warning: EXTREMELY GRAPHIC. It is really hard to watch. It is even harder to pretend that only Christians are good and only non-Christian savages commit such horrendous crimes against humanity.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I hear they are making a musical movie about this with Tom Hanks, Philadelphia 2: Jesus Christ HIV Superstar.

I think this will out do Rent.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
There is no way anyone could know what someone back then had or didn't have.
There is no evidence to even remotely support the notion that He had HIV (or cancer or anything else).

There is also no evidence that he ever existed, yet his name is the most popular on the planet
he is worshipped, prayed to, spoken of every and everyday by millions for centuries.

But did he ever exist?
Who knows

Did Bamaotheo ever exist?
He is the greatest man on earth this Bamaotheo
Yes I just did make his name up but you have no proof he never existed!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join