It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How I voted and why...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

If you are Not Willing to become Part of the Solution , then your Indifference Supports the Continuation of the Problem . In that Regard I must Respectfully Disagree with your Thinking there .

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Yes, we all have a right to vote as we wish. I simply believe it is ignorant to vote on party lines for the sake of voting on party lines, as the OP made it seem s/he was doing.

Voting on party lines shows one of two things: The voter either has no idea where each candidate stands, or they are fanatically involved with a party. Going by the statements the OP made about being an independent, my first assumption stands more correct than the second. They did not take time to figure out who stands where. Just that the big wig Democrats are a certain way, so screw all the others. A responsible voter takes the time to study each candidate. Get to know their stance, get to know a bit of their history. A daunting task yes, but it's what a responsible voter does.

I am not telling anyone how to vote. It's a secret ballot, one can vote as they please. No one is under any mandate to tell us who they vote for. But when you walk up to a group of people and state something along the lines that the OP did, you open yourself up to criticism.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

A Simplistically Profound Opinion . I Commend you Sir for your apparent Wisdom ..........

edit on 2-11-2010 by Zanti Misfit because: spellin'

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by Fromabove

man don't listen to the nay sayers you vote how you want to vote and you did.

its not up for other people to decide whether its right or wrong its not their places

Well look, if someone posts on the subject of their electoral decision, it's clearly up for a discussion. That's what BOARDS are for, get it?

Yes, to some such choice of vote will look like it's made by an amoeba. Deal with it.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

the guy already voted so how is that part really up to disscussion?

whats he going to go do? go back and change his vote?

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by buddhasystem

the guy already voted so how is that part really up to disscussion?

Duh.

It's normal to discuss decisions, their merits and potential outcomes.
If you had a bottle of whiskey for breakfast, this would also be a legitimate topic to chew on.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by iamsupermanv2

your assuming it was straight on party lines there are a myriad of reasons to vote against this go round of the election cycle for 2 years his choice has been lock step for the most part of opposing the obama and the lefts agenda.

there is no fault of that by him or anyone else having voted that way but to sit back and leave obama and the left continue their agenda is akin to committing suicide.

you know what they are all about we all do and for the last 2 years i will get flamed for this but the republicans have been acting like republicans.

his decision was sound.

i am not telling anyone how to vote either but i'm not going to flame someone for what they chose to do.
edit on 2-11-2010 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I am not assuming. He said if it had an R he voted for them.

I've said this before: Just because a politician has an R or D next to their name does NOT mean they toe the party line. Is it rare that one doesn't? Yes, but what about the new candidates that are Democrats in his area. Those that have not been able to prove if they are a lap dog or "going rogue".

I don't see his decision as sound. My reason is, because of the way the OP was worded, he had no interest in figuring out the other candidates position. He simply went with the R next to the name.

Like I said earlier, if one wants to vote on Party Lines because they think ALL of the candidates for their given party will further their best interests, then that is fine. But simply because one parties current leaders are not getting the job done seems foolish to me. I'm in the business of giving each a fair shot, regardless of party affiliation.

I understand that on the main point of our discussion we will probably not agree.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

I once knew a guy who thought it was against the law to vote for a candidate not in the same party as you.

Maybe his registration card needs to be revoked.

In all seriousness, I'm a registered Republican and I can't tell you how many times I've voted Democrat in local and state elections, only becuse I studied the candidates and their stance on different issues.

I don't care what party a person is affiliated with. It's not a Democrat or Republican thing. It's a liberal, moderate and conservative thing when it comes to politics. I've seen Democratic candidates who would never dream of being as far left as some Republican candidates and vice versa.

It's my belief that some candidates choose to run under either the Democrat or Republican ticket according to the demographic studies of their districts, not their beliefs.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   

yeah man i can respect that

i agree to disagree to

when i vote i think more than just straight party voting but looking at the larger picture

i look at politics like chess i am thinking of the moves of today how effect tomorrow there's alot of strategy involved in politics both parties do this the majority of people only look at today and don't think about tomorrow.

once you start thinking how the parties do then you have an entirely new dynamic to consider its more than stances and issue they are definately important but there so much more to that vote than most people generally think of.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
It's really kind of stupid when you think about how people vote. People who voted Republican claim they voted that way because of democrat spending and Obama care. Yet did they feel that way when the Republicans were in power and put this country into one of the worst recessions since the depression? So what have you people gained by putting the republicans back in office? Nothing, absolutely nothing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join