It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something Good on This Election Day

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by oldschoolsuper star
of course there is, but thats besides the point.

Sorry.

I was just asking.

my point is that its not so far fetched that something like this could stir up a large scale war. just to remind you, ever since world war II america has the responsibility of helping japan whenever they get involved in a war.

There are tons of things going on that have the potential to be WW III. I know.

back on topic, i still say that no matter how we vote (electronically or not) "they" will self elect whoever they want.

I hear you.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Thank you Mary Rose for some good news for a change.

I get so aggravated with all the predictions I have seen on ATS since I joined in 2007.

Also, the gloom and doomers almost got to me today.

I find it interesting that people can sit at their desks and tell us our vote means nothing.
That is untrue.

If you are not deeply involved with politics and the voting process you don't have a legitimate reason to declare our vote is useless.

I am and have been a poll watcher and worker since 1965. I worked from 7am until 10am today and will go back this afternoon and be there until everybody has gone home and the vote is tallied.

After many years of experience a good poll worker can come very close to telling you who the winners are before the votes are totaled.

This morning I saw people that had to have help getting out of their cars. They came in vans from nursing homes. So far we have had a record turnout in my neck of the woods.

People need to put their listening ears on, their thinking caps on and open their eyes and shut their mouths before they try to come off as intelligent prognosticators of the voter process and it's ultimate outcome.

A warning to Washington: You have messed with the wrong people when you mess with us old folks. No raise in Social Security payments in two years and the new health regulations coming about is going to turn around and bite you square in the butt.

OK now back to you Mary Rose. I very much enjoy your threads. Would love to see more from you.

I got your back.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mary Rose
Usually things that are going on related to the federal government and the encroachment of the New World Order agenda are depressing.

But today I was surprised and pleased to be asked whether I wanted a paper ballot or to vote electronically. I understand this was available in the last election, too, but I didn't vote that time so I didn't find out about it.

The ballot has those ovals you fill in like you have with tests that are electronically scored. The ballot is then fed into a scanner. It was very easy and efficient. It's the best of both worlds; it gets scanned, which is efficient, but the ballot is retrievable for a recount if need be.

Wow. I'm encouraged by this progress. The only problem is that it's voluntary, so not all ballots can be recounted. But maybe, if the idea catches on, the next step will be to remove the electronic voting boxes.

I hope so!

Because I am of the belief that two things must happen before we restore our republic: get the money out of politics, and return to paper ballots to stop electronic voting fraud.

I don't want to rain on your parade or make you depressed or anything, but I believe they showed how the result was altered with those scanners machines as well, and how they were hacked 2004 in this HBO documentary:

Hacking Democracy

Google Video Link

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame

I am and have been a poll watcher and worker since 1965. I worked from 7am until 10am today and will go back this afternoon and be there until everybody has gone home and the vote is tallied.

After many years of experience a good poll worker can come very close to telling you who the winners are before the votes are totaled.

That sounds like interesting experience that you have had.

I was active in Jerry Brown's run for the Presidential nomination in 1992 and then in Howard Dean's in 2004. But I haven't done anything since.

A warning to Washington: You have messed with the wrong people when you mess with us old folks. No raise in Social Security payments in two years and the new health regulations coming about is going to turn around and bite you square in the butt.

I like your spirit!

OK now back to you Mary Rose. I very much enjoy your threads. Would love to see more from you.

I got your back.

Thanks.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chevalerous
I don't want to rain on your parade or make you depressed or anything, but I believe they showed how the result was altered with those scanners machines as well, and how they were hacked 2004 in this HBO documentary

Yeah the hacking is still going to take place. There has always been fraud and there will always be fraud.

The thing about the paper ballots is that there is recourse. I think probably what we have to do is have exit-polling done so that candidates have a basis to know whether or not their election has been stolen. Then, the paper ballots will come in to play.

I think having paper ballots will also act as somewhat of a deterrent to how much fraud there is - because of the knowledge of this recourse.

One thing about the scanners is that we need to make sure that control of the software does not reside with a private corporation, like it does now!! It should be in the hands of the government.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame
I am and have been a poll watcher and worker since 1965.

You've inspired me.

I've been online this morning getting info on how to become a poll worker in Virginia. I have a number to call later.

This will help me learn about Virginia state government, too, which I've always been weak in. I find state vs. federal government to be confusing - I don't really know about my state's government. I've always focused only on national issues.

But I think I need to change that.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   

I have a number to call later.

I made that call and now I have some stuff to read up on.

This is fun.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Mary Rose

The political climate hasn't really changed that much but look for some real change on the 6th Saturday.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

False flag events are an ongoing threat. Can happen at any time. The important thing is to not be fooled by them and to not let them distract us.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   

reply to post by whaaa

False flag events are an ongoing threat. Can happen at any time. The important thing is to not be fooled by them and to not let them distract us.

Distract us from what? The partisanship, the finger pointing, the blame game, the "people like you" rhetoric,
the ugly competition between political factions, the hate and racism, the seeking of scapegoats....

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Of course not.

The seeking of solutions.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   

reply to post by whaaa

Of course not.

The seeking of solutions.

No one cares about solutions anymore. It's win at all costs. Political partisanship rules the day, thanks to Beck, Rush, Sean, Savage, Orilley, Fox and the rest of the conservative right. They won!

I was once an idealist and social activists and was called a communist. I just don't care anymore. **** em, me and my GF are seriously considering selling our property, becoming expats and moving to Europe.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
No one cares about solutions anymore.

I care.

I was once an idealist and social activists and was called a communist. I just don't care anymore. **** em, me and my GF are seriously considering selling our property, becoming expats and moving to Europe.

In my opinion, it's better to be a realist than an idealist. I can relate to being an idealist, however.

If you've been called a communist I can understand why you are bitter.

edit on 11/03/10 by Mary Rose because: Remove a question.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by oldschoolsuper star

Not on the local level.

Then again, you're entitled to cynicism. However, as an U.S citizen, it is still my responsibility to pay attention to what's going on policy-wise and throw my hat into the ring.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   

em, me and my GF are seriously considering selling our property, becoming expats and moving to Europe.

It's no better in Europe or any place else in the world. You might as well stay here.

Actually, maybe that's not true. I just heard Bev Harris of Black Box Voting tell Alex Jones yesterday that Germany has now banned electronic voting machines. She said the Netherlands and Ireland (I think that's what she said; I had trouble hearing her) have also done this.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by oldschoolsuper star

Not on the local level.

Then again, you're entitled to cynicism. However, as an U.S citizen, it is still my responsibility to pay attention to what's going on policy-wise and throw my hat into the ring.

what about the local level? i havent posted anything on the local level, i think that was somebody else but regardless, here are my thoughts on local level politics:

these local level politicians will become wrapped up in national and global agenda as soon as they turn into national politicians. it still doesnt matter folks, they will be told what to say. and if they dont obey? well, i guess we wont be hearing from them again.

theyll turn into a bug in our windshield. easily wiped off.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   

I just heard Bev Harris of Black Box Voting tell Alex Jones yesterday that Germany has now banned electronic voting machines. She said the Netherlands and Ireland (I think that's what she said; I had trouble hearing her) have also done this.

Here is Alex's interview of Bev Harris:

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   

em, me and my GF are seriously considering selling our property, becoming expats and moving to Europe.

It's no better in Europe or any place else in the world. You might as well stay here.

That's total BS. I was just in Portugal on a work related project, earlier in the year and the conscienceness was completely different than here in the US. The people were friendly, loving and happy. Quite the opposite of what I encounter currently in the US with the constant crybaby whining from the radio right. It's affected normal everyday emotions in people to being mean, pissedoff and negative; it's obvious even here at ATS as evidenced by the constant competitiveness and outright hatred on the political threads. I'm sick and tired of being labeled "people like you" just for having a different stance on political issues.

GF= girl friend and she is beginning to hate it here too. I would have left long ago if not for her and her family.
edit on 3-11-2010 by whaaa because: wp[itori

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   

I was just in Portugal on a work related project, earlier in the year and the conscienceness was completely different than here in the US. The people were friendly, loving and happy.

I've never been to Portugal.

I believe you.

Quite the opposite of what I encounter currently in the US with the constant crybaby whining from the radio right.

Don't listen to it.

I'm sick and tired of being labeled "people like you" just for having a different stance on political issues.

I hate that kind of talk as well.

When someone from another forum I used to participate on found out I'm on ATS now, she said, "You have to have the hide of an elephant on that forum!"

I sometimes think of it as "the ATS swagger."

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   

I made that call and now I have some stuff to read up on.

Hmmmm.

"On Election Day, the polls are open from 6:00 a.m. until 7:00 p.m. Full shift hours are from
5:00 a.m. until the polls close and all work has been completed and the election results have been called-in to Election Central."

So that's a 14+ hour day.

There are instructions for a split shift, but you have to find yourself a partner to do this with, who has to be of the same party as you! I don't even want to be associated with a political party any more. And, how would I find my own partner to do a split shift with?

This is too complicated.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join