It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something Good on This Election Day

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Usually things that are going on related to the federal government and the encroachment of the New World Order agenda are depressing.

But today I was surprised and pleased to be asked whether I wanted a paper ballot or to vote electronically. I understand this was available in the last election, too, but I didn't vote that time so I didn't find out about it.

The ballot has those ovals you fill in like you have with tests that are electronically scored. The ballot is then fed into a scanner. It was very easy and efficient. It's the best of both worlds; it gets scanned, which is efficient, but the ballot is retrievable for a recount if need be.

Wow. I'm encouraged by this progress. The only problem is that it's voluntary, so not all ballots can be recounted. But maybe, if the idea catches on, the next step will be to remove the electronic voting boxes.

I hope so!

Because I am of the belief that two things must happen before we restore our republic: get the money out of politics, and return to paper ballots to stop electronic voting fraud.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
its in my opinion that it really doesnt matter if we vote electronically or not. the person that "they" want to win will win, no matter what we think.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by oldschoolsuper star

That's true now for sure.

But if we are to have any chance at all of changing the way things are we will have to do it slowly and patiently by getting control of the electoral process so that we can get a decent Congress elected.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Mary Rose

do you think that we as americans are really that patient? were a nation based off of convenience. its all been a downward spiral since the beginning. we are a very young nation, and havent learned the lessons that other nations have.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   

I'm just speaking for myself as an American.

Some of us will be part of a solution; some of us won't. That's the nature of things.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Remember the 2004 Fla Hanging. " Chad " Incident ? I sure Hope that Never Happens again .....If Electronic Voting is Monitored Correctly , it does seem to be the Best way to Tally a Large Volume of Votes .
edit on 2-11-2010 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit
Remember the 2008 Fla. " Chad " Incident ?

I don't remember anything from 2008, but I vividly remember watching on TV the people trying to figure out what a ballot said during the long recount in Florida that the Supreme Court ended and Gore was defeated by Bush the younger - 2000.

The ballot I used today would not present any problems. I filled in an oval with a pen. It would be easy to recount.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit
If Electronic Voting is Monitored Correctly , it does seem to be the Best way to Tally a Large Volume of Votes .

What I did today was put a paper ballot into a scanner. So it's still electronic.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mary Rose

I'm just speaking for myself as an American.

Some of us will be part of a solution; some of us won't. That's the nature of things.

you couldnt be more right. but i dont believe that the solution will be by voting. (just my opinion)

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   

What are your proposals?

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   

What are your proposals?

the sad part is, i dont have any proposals. being in the military, i know we have a lot of muscle against our own people if there were any upheavals. its something we all have to ride out if you ask me. a miracle maybe?

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by oldschoolsuper star
the sad part is, i dont have any proposals. being in the military, i know we have a lot of muscle against our own people if there were any upheavals.

I know. This is a huge problem. Not only our own military, but the controllers could always use foreign troops and/or contractors as well.

That's why we want to remain calm and try to bring about a peaceful revolution.

Please put your thinking cap on and try to think of some ideas.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   

*puts thinking cap on*

maybe the only true change wouldnt be brought about by our own citizens in america, but by a drastic and forced change in the economy due to a foreign nation? something like what china is doing right now maybe? i dont know if you know this, but they havent just stopped the shipment of supplies to america but they are also in heat with japan by boycotting anything that is made in japan.

obviously the situation wouldnt be good AT FIRST but its a long road to "learning a lesson".

like i said, america is a young nation and it hasnt learned a lot of lessons that most other older nations have.

we have a lot to learn.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   

something like what china is doing right now maybe? i dont know if you know this, but they havent just stopped the shipment of supplies to america but they are also in heat with japan by boycotting anything that is made in japan.

obviously the situation wouldnt be good AT FIRST but its a long road to "learning a lesson".

I've heard something about China and minerals, I believe. That's all I've heard.

I'm not up on this. They've stopped the shipment of all supplies to America?

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
you can read a little about it here.

www.livescience.com...

i just did a quick search and pulled this up, but if you want theres a lot more on the subject. i only know about them being in conflict with japan because my wife is japanese and were vacationing (visiting her family) here in tokyo. its been all over the news here. this is a link with a little info about china and japan at the moment.

abcnews.go.com...

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   

But if we are to have any chance at all of changing the way things are we will have to do it slowly and patiently by getting control of the electoral process so that we can get a decent Congress elected.

There will be no change. The electoral process is a sham; a fantasy to keep the proletariat thinking they have some input and control.
We live in a corporatacracy where all the important decisions are made on some southern California golf course, Bohemian Grove or private island retreat.
those decisions are relayed to the politicians of both parties and implemented.

The leaders of the all powerful military/industrial/banking/wallstreet/corporate complex know that politics is just there basically for their entertainment; a small part of the Global elite manipulation of the planet.

I voted this morning, but I have no illusions that it made any difference on a national level but at least perhaps we can elect a different mayor that won't drive the fire trucks when he's drunk.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

There will be no change. The electoral process is a sham; a fantasy to keep the proletariat thinking they have some input and control.
We live in a corporatacracy where all the important decisions are made on some southern California golf course, Bohemian Grove or private island retreat.

The leaders of the all powerful military/industrial/banking/wallstreet/corporate complex know that politics is just there basically for their entertainment; a small part of the Global elite manipulation of the planet.

I voted this morning, but I have no illusions that it made any difference on a national level but at least perhaps we can elect a different mayor that won't drive the fire trucks when he's drunk.

THANK YOU. ive been trying, but i couldnt have put it any better. star for you, good sir.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
The electoral process is a sham; a fantasy to keep the proletariat thinking they have some input and control.

I know all of this already.

Okay. So maybe you'll get a tiny, tiny, change in your local community.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   

www.livescience.com...

Thanks.

I see that article is about the minerals that I had heard about, which is a big deal. I see the title of the article refers to minerals as "tech-crucial."

Are there any other things besides minerals that they've stopped shipping to us?

i only know about them being in conflict with japan because my wife is japanese and were vacationing (visiting her family) here in tokyo. its been all over the news here.

Isn't there a long history of animosity between Japan and China?

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   

www.livescience.com...

Thanks.

I see that article is about the minerals that I had heard about, which is a big deal. I see the title of the article refers to minerals as "tech-crucial."

Are there any other things besides minerals that they've stopped shipping to us?

i only know about them being in conflict with japan because my wife is japanese and were vacationing (visiting her family) here in tokyo. its been all over the news here.

Isn't there a long history of animosity between Japan and China?

of course there is, but thats besides the point. my point is that its not so far fetched that something like this could stir up a large scale war. just to remind you, ever since world war II america has the responsibility of helping japan whenever they get involved in a war.

back on topic, i still say that no matter how we vote (electronically or not) "they" will self elect whoever they want.

P.S. i dont know if theres anything else besides these rare earth minerals that china is with holding from the U.S. there very well could be things they arent telling us. im going to bed, its 2:30 AM here in japan. ill check on this post when i wake up.

edit on 2-11-2010 by oldschoolsuper star because: no reason given

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join