It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your opinion of the worst weapon in history.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   
What do you think is the worst weapon in history? I think it's nuclear weapons. They realease heat greater than 3 suns combined, light 10 times greater than the sun, and massive amounts of radiation wich kills millions of people and contaminates land it was dropped on for no less than a century. Also it has the capability (if strong enogh) to crack the Earth in half.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Sorry its already been posted.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Besides that ^ I believe everyone was told by the Moderators of this site not to post anymore 'what is the best....?' 'what is the worst....?' 'what country is the......' type threads???

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 04:50 PM
link   
No I think this is a diffrerent perspective, worst being the most detrimental to human existence, not on the capability of the weapon.

I agree that nukes are worst right now, but that won't stop countries from trying to find a worse way to destroy civilization.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 04:52 PM
link   
*ahem*

www.abovetopsecret.com...
Please read that thread very carefully.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Dont be stupid all the nukes in the world
wouldnt crack the earth maybe just kill
everything up to bactaria.
and if you had enough warning you could
let some humans survive as well

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I believe the worst weapon is religion.

Religion (no matter what demonination, christians, muslins, etc) has caused many if not all the wars in recorded history, whether it be the the germans trying to get rid of the Jews because of conflicting believes, or in more recent times the Islamic Jihad which for some reason has it in for the US.

Religion has caused many more deaths than nuclear bombs. Think of the Crusades. That destroyed so many lives and ruined whole recorded history of countries.

Religion has never caused the end of a war, on the other extreme however Nuclear weapons simply by using them have ended wars ironicly. Thats not saying that in future they will stop wars, but so far religion has caused and not prevented war, but Nuclear weapons may cause wars (ie 'Third-World' War - my name for the Middle East), they also end them through threat or demonstration.

Errata: Forgot about Budhism and it's derivatives. They are doing a good job by not forcing their views or not accepting other 'faiths'.

Flame Away!

[edit on 8-7-2004 by Ezekial]

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Yet religion is the opium of the people huh? I think Religion is more of a gateway for war than a weapon. A weapon is a tool to kill and seeing religion as a tool is quite downgrading. Im a religious person and won't bash anyone or kill any one for my beliefs. Kings used religion for their own gains, they had the people going to war for them because they thought when a king decides to go to war, then God demands it.

Nuclear weapons have secured world peace from the cold war. The Cold War would have been a massive conventional war that would affect the entire globe. Because of nukes, no one was retarded to fight. Just hope they're not in the wrong hands, because so far i can only trust USA and Russia with nukes, as well as the UK and France.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 07:48 PM
link   
The spork.

Not quite a spoon, not quite a fork.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
The spork.

No, that would be the worlds worst Utelsil.

CoMrAdE_IvAn:

Just to let you know I am not bagging anyone who is religious, just the leadership and superiority (spelling) complex those with 'higher' rank in the religion who abuse their power over the masses. I used to be highly religious but left for the same reason. In fact the bishop excommunicated me because of this, hows that for compassion for fellow man? It's not like I broke the taberknackle or snapped the bishops walking stick thing.

Does anyone else have any other SERIOUS weapons or tools that are the worst on humanity?

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
The spork.

bout pooped in my pants cause that was so freakin random

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Its true! Try stabbing someone with a spork! You get a skin wound! Then try scooping some intestines out with a spork! It just all sticks to it! What you need is some kind of magic cutting utensil.

I call it the knife, i hear they're big in japan.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   
The worst weapon in history the media they tell only the worst of the worst making people believe something false and just brainwash people also the human mind might be a good candidate for worst weapon half of it is focused on making thing better and advanced but every human has the urge to beat kill or produce something that kills so its up for grabs.
And nukes are the only thing that prevents wars MAD without that we would be in WWIIIII by now

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Landmines.

Indiscriminate killing long after the conflict is over and everyone has gone home. Depleted Uranium falls into the same category.

I do think that Religion is an ideological weapon of control.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 09:53 PM
link   
the worst weapon ever?

anything french.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan
the worst weapon ever?

anything french.

True, but I think the subject deals with the humanity factor rather than the ability of a given weapon.

Originally posted by Gools
Landmines.

Indiscriminate killing long after the conflict is over and everyone has gone home.

I wholeheartedly agree on that point.

Originally posted by Westpoint23
The worst weapon in history the media.

To be a little more exact, Current Affairs media sources, and government media sources.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I don't know if is the worst, but i bet viruses and bacteria have killed more people than any man-made weapon so far. Nukes could destroy many(all?) higher life forms on the planet.

Random chance has killed way more potential people, the adult male produces i believe around 300,000,000 sperm and IF everything is favorable one meets the egg and produces a human being. A guy could feel guilty for all the potential human beings that didn't get an egg. 5 times a week over a lifetime (364.25days * [74-12yrs])*5/7 *300,000,000 = 4,839,321,428,571.429. DAMN I must be lucky to have been a successful swimmer.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 04:17 AM
link   
There are two worst weapons

1) God's wrath of course

2) As we have all seen in the news terrorists are getting more attention by doing there deeds and the broadcasting them

SO I WOULD SAY THE WORST MAN MADE WEAPON IS THE PROPAGANDA/MEDIA WEAPON NOTHING BREAKS DOWN A SOLDIER OR SOCIETY QUICKER THAN FEAR AND KNOWLEDGE OF WHAT CAN HAPPEN TO THEM IF PLACES WHERE TRADED WITH THOSE UNLUCKY SOLES THAT ENDED UP BEING THE UNWILLING STARS OF THE SHOW

top topics

join