It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White Americans are now branching into "migrant/immigrant jobs" and I AM ONE OF THEM!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Explanation: Hmmmm ...

I checked out the texan economy via wiki...

Texas Economy [wiki]

Ok grow these possibly if ya start and inland aquaculture...

If you have problems with soil salinity then use that to your advantage and focus on salt water crawfish???

Crayfish [wiki]

I do note texas has a huge fishing culture..but no probs with oil spills inland etc. and that is a selling point now I would think

Maybe grow some of the following to sell as well...

Garlic [wiki]

Google search: pepper capsicum [google.com.au]

And if there are no religious reasons against it.... then get a pig [very usefull on a farm] and grow it for bacon etc...

Bacon [wiki]

How to make bacon at home (by legourmettv) [youtube.com]

Part 2 of Making bacon at home (by legourmettv) [youtube.com]

Personal Disclosure: I'm having a quik smoko and coffee break and go look at the stars etc [night time here in Oz] and see what else I can come up with

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Explanation: Bee's

Google search: Bee [google.com.au]

Bee [wiki]

If you search ATS there is a recent thread on how to protect ones bee colony etc from colony collapse disorder and if I find it I will link it asap.

More options for rural area etc...

Blacksmith...

Blacksmith [wiki]

[solar furnace may help!
]

Maybe spend time reading up on the ATS survival forum and hold classes on subjects you feel you can teach!

If your farm is big enough and has room to spare [???] the how about an archery range???

Google images search [google.com.au]

Google search: How to build an archery range [google.,com.au]

Again if you have the room etc... maybe agist some horses...

Agistment [wiki]

Now for some mobility.... hmmmm???

Google serach: Bamboo Bikes [google.com.au

Google search: Rickshaw [google.com.au]

Google search: air powered car [google.com.au]

Personal Disclosure: When will it end???

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Explanation: Forgive me for being all over the place here ...

Patchwork Quilts...

Google search: Patchwork quilts [google.com.au]

In case there is surplus of your awesome produce...

Sun dried tomatoes...

Google search: dried tomatoes [google.com.au]

Pavlova Cake ...

Google search: Pavlova [google.com.au]

Tomato sauce...

Google search: Tomato sauce [google.com.au]

Tomato salsa...

Google search: Tomato salsa [google.com.au]

Egg blowing...

Google search: Egg blowing [google.com.au]

Egg carving...

Google serach: Egg carving [google.com.au]

Cooking eggs...

Google search: Eggs cooking

Cooking tomatoes...

Google search: tomato cooking [google.com.au]

Design, build and grow a decorative and functional herb garden...

Google search: design build grow herb garden decorative functional [google.com.au]

Build a smoke house....

Google search: Smokehouse [google.com.au]

If you have masses of room and agistment of horses isn't too your liking then possibly rent out room for paintball and airsoft tounaments...

Google search: paintball airsoft [google.com.au]

Got a balloon available??? Tether it and take people for rides...

Hot air ballooning [wiki]

Personal Disclosure; More MORE! I'm still not satisfied! Muhahahaha!

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Explanation: I found that bee colony collapse prevention thread etc...

ATS seach: colony collapse disorder bee [ATS]

Colony Collapse Disorder Prevention Turns Out To Be Easy (by GoodLuckCharm) [ATS]

Personal Disclosure: Whats next OL???

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by PayMeh
400 a day seems like an awful lot of tamales and eggs to sell.......... I'll bite though.

I hope you've made the FDA aware, are adhering to licensing, and adhering to zoning laws. Canned good are illegal to make and sell in most states. Also most states either require you to have a commercial kitchen or at the very least a separate kitchen from the one your family uses.

For those reasons I suspect you should not tell many people what you are doing, especially on the internet. All it takes is one idiot eating one of your tamales from an open can 6 months from now, and all of a sudden all sorts of nasty laws pop up that affect everyone.

That was quite hilarious and more cynical then me..... Anyways it's great to hear from a GOOD American, About 2004 and 2005 were buying things online in MASS I think the internet bubble has already bursted. Selling stuff online now and make GOOD money like the comptuer barebone business in 2004-2005 was OUTSTANDING but hit about the end of 2007-2008 dropped off like a rock... It's like pulling teeth to sell stuff on ebay now... Around here they started opening up front shops of stores that SOLD your items on ebay and STILL made money.... The grassroots movement is still alive and I am glad there is still people LIKE you out there doing what they have to and are HAPPY about it... If it works for you DONT fix it....

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
What is wrong with you? People aren't supposed to tell how happy and content they are on ATS; we're all about fear and conspiracy here!

Seriously though, good for you! I agree that you may need to find another avenue for the generation of capital besides food selling. Do you have room for sheep? Handmade wool clothing items are the best and can bring very good prices. Carding wool is no fun but it's a thought anyway.
I have been very fortunate to be self-employed since 1989. Never made much money but it is good to be able to set your own work hours and follow your dreams. I don't have a new car or big screen TV or any of that luxury stuff but like you I'm content.
What more can you ask of life?

******************************************************************************************************************************

Thank you! Thank you ALL for the support and the great posts, ideas and encouragement....What are my plans? cooking 3 chickens now for about 300 more tamales...(Oh, My family eat many of them before they make it to packaging!)

My BEST idea so far... LOL... an honest to goodness "chicken plucker!" I got one for my birthday....Just LOOK at all the people raising chickens in event the city...As things fall apart... there will be a need for this when TSHTF

I can offer an onsite "processing" for $2 per chicken returned to you in a bag of ice. THIS IS SOMETHING I NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD HAVE TO DO....BUT I HAVE TO MAKE MONEY- Times are tough.. we all have to survive...

( I had a 6 figure income 2 years ago as a nationally licensed insurance agent, but the economy caused that well to dry up.... )

Also, raising Boar goats for meat, chickens eggs, raising our own beef to save money, My neighbors raise bees and I sell my wares at the "market" days in our town square. Many many people will NEED something to sell soon. I FEEL THE INTERNET IS A BUBBLE WAITING TO POP...Do not depend on the Interent... It will fall or be placed under government control... LOOK at the fees you pay to Ebay and Paypal...and Google and MSN and Yahoo??? these fees prevent anyone from really "profiting" from the Interent... It started out that way, but, there are too many companies getting a piece of the action to make Internet businesses work, Unless you have a LOT of money to advertise, I suggest you find something to work at out of your homes...

.A friend is comng to "lease" a few acres to start his nursery business and he will sell vegetable seedlings (spring) and help me with my own garden..

Thank you all for your advice and please wish me luck...

<< 1   >>

join