It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

French warship to join US fleet in PG

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   

France has dispatched a nuclear-powered warship to the Persian Gulf as part of an unprecedented buildup of naval and air power in the Persian Gulf and the Indian Ocean.

France's Charles de Gaulle aircraft carrier is now en route to the region and will arrive there at the end of October, when a quarter of the world's nuclear aircraft carriers will gather in the stratgeic waters. The French carrier is accompanied by two frigates, an attack submarine, a re-fuelling tanker, 3,000 sailors and 27 aircraft.

Presstv

Warming up for WW3?
Let's watch for November

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I thought the Charles De Gaul had broken down and was being kept in port?

Linky

Quite a big deal in the UK press as they are signing a deal that mean the CDG is meant to defend the UK when the RN carriers are in port..

Edit to add: can't say breaking down sends out good vibes
since all it says to me it we are broke with broken ships

And a quote from the linky

"She's meant to be heading to Afghanistan to support the war there but is instead in home port with a faulty propulsion system," said a French Navy source.

What I would be interested to know is what ships would have been sailing with her, since the CDG carriers the Aster 15, would this be the first deployment of the complete European PAAMS (the Aster 30/Sea Viper recently completed testing and now deemed fit for service)

Aster 30 testing

"The trials were conducted over a range of scenarios of steadily increasing complexity, culminating in a final trial featuring a salvo firing against a sea skimming target performing a high-g terminal manoeuvre," the company announced in a statement.

It is the above reason why I would be interested to know if PAAMS has deployed in the region, from an RN source the Sea Viper/Aster 30 can take out BrahMos or Sunburn missiles (personally I would like to see the proof of those claims)

I see the deployment of the European PAAMS to augment the USN anti air systems more indicitive of a possible armed conflict than the deployment of an additional carrier.

edit on 2/11/10 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
New Target?

Yemen? We could come in through the Saudi back door.

Great location strategically.

Eh... Who knows we've been building up in the region for quite sometime and the French just joined forces with the British militarily in order to save money.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
the Yemen incident could be the kicker to justify a future situation.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Iran has no Air Force. They have no Navy. All they have is a bunch of missiles to lob out.

If I was the warplanner I would have dragged out all the old Navy ships that were long decommissioned and waiting to become artificial reefs....get some illegal immigrants to work on them so they can move under their own power then move them in on Iran. Let them lob their missiles at them and we get rid of the junk we need to get rid off.

We've got way more hardware in position than is needed. Which tells me they are expecting the Shaghai Cooperation to kick in and expect Russia and China to stand up for Iran. WWIII

new topics

top topics

join