It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bomb Explodes at the Swiss Embassy in Athens, Greek Police Say

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Source
Source

Athens. A bomb exploded in front of the Swiss embassy to Athens, AFP reports. So far there is no information about injured people. On Monday a parcel-bomb went off at a courier company in Athens. The package was addressed to the Mexican embassy. Police managed to seize other parcel bombs aimed for the diplomatic missions of the Netherlands and Belgium. Earlier Greek police announced that it is checking up on a suspicious package close to the Bulgarian embassy to Athens.

Curious if this is linked to the other mail bomb threats that have been popping up.

Greece intercepts mail bomb addressed to French President - Nov 1, 2010

Update 08:10 - 3 more packages have been found by other embassies and detonated by the Police.
edit on 2-11-2010 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Here is some source for your thread I found for you.
Source
No injuries reported.

"A small bomb exploded at the Swiss embassy in Athens, there was no warning call," said a police official speaking under condition he not be identified. "We have no reports of injuries so far."

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   
No biggie.

sounds like a relatively minor incident.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by GoalPoster

I added it in as breaking news with the postal bomb issues that have cropped up the last few days. Greece intercepted a postal bomb that was headed for President Sarkozy of France yesterday. I toned down the headline portion to just the bomb exploding.
edit on 2-11-2010 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Was the parcel being shipped by UPS at some point?

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Yeah, I saw that . . . funny how all of a sudden there's all of these supposed mail bombs and toner cartridge bombs and all directed towards every country on the planet, and all apparently originating in Yemen.

I think they're trying too hard . . .

As an aside . . . they've also linked some of these to the same guy who was responsible for building the failed underpantz bomb from last Christmas. They're touting him as some sort of bomb-maker extraordinaire.

How good can he really be as it appears is 'success' rate ain't all that good. In fact, apart from blowing up his own brother, he's not had much success at all.

It may just be me, but all of this really stinks of Holy Crap . . . Yemen is the root of all evil axis-ess-orites so we best go in there with about $300 billion in laser guided weaponry and blow those sheep herding bastards back to hell where they belong . . .

Of course I may be wrong.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by GoalPoster

The timing does seem goofy, but there is one problem with that. The tactic of using terror alerts, etc to influence elections were supposedly linked to just Bush. If Obama is the change, then why is that same pattern continuing?

Or is this where we find out its a plot from a one world government that runs their Empire from Epcot?

(its early and I have not been asleep in about 20 hours now, so please excuse the sarcasm)

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
And yet a second bomb explodes at a different embassy in Greece. Anyone remember predictions about October - November being active?

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
According to the BBC this one wasn't a mail bomb

Police said the device was thrown into a courtyard at the embassy and no casualties have been reported.

and it's a Greek internal issue

The BBC's Malcolm Brabant in Athens says it appears to be a co-ordinated attack by an extreme left-wing group.

There were quite serious riots in Athens when I was in Greece a few weeks back, don't know how much coverage they got in the international news through. Theres some serious political issues going on to do with the "recession"

BBC News

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Well here in Greece we don't need foreign terrorists,we have our own.They do connect the attacks with a local terrorist group,which i must say they are not original at all,they stole the idea from the Yemen terrorists.

So far they have sent parcels to the embassies of:Bulgaria,Switzerland,Germany,Chile,Panama and Russia.They also sent packages in the parliament and the office of ex-prime minister K.Simitis.

They haven't made any statement yet as for what they chose these particular embassies or why.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

if this is true then they have just royally messed up bigtime.

the swiss embassy? man the swiss hasnt bothered no one what was the point of that action?

the russians? whoah they have just stirred up a hornets nest there wonder what there reaction will be.

the war on terrorism is real people and it is truly a world wide war 9-11 was not false flag event and this is not the cia.

we live in dangerous times people and this is only the beginning

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

the swiss embassy? man the swiss hasnt bothered no one what was the point of that action?

I'm guessing it's a reaction to the Greek banking crisis, just an educated guess, based on the Swiss being at the centre of world banking, where the other targets fit into the plan I haven't a clue.

I love how the controlled politicians are trying to spin this that we the people have been living beyond our means, whereas in fact it's the bankers who "bet" and lost more than they had and WE pay their debts to other bankers because we were frightened into thinking capitalism and western society would collapse.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Thepreye

well since this is in greece and the proof is in the pudding so to speak as the evidence seen worldwide the only thing greeks did was protest they didn't go around trying to blow up the swiss or russians who have no say in greek policy making or how many days off the get or what their retirement age is so that post is total and utter nonsense.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

well since this is in greece and the proof is in the pudding so to speak as the evidence seen worldwide the only thing greeks did was protest they didn't go around trying to blow up the swiss or russians who have no say in greek policy making or how many days off the get or what their retirement age is so that post is total and utter nonsense.

EH?? I don't understand your post, the bombs were in Greece, it is believed to be a domestic act and the targets were Swiss so where do you get the "utter nonsense" idea from, can you actually comprehend the words you read or write.

The first line of your post is literally meaningless, the second line seems to be disproved by these very events we're discussing, the third seems to indicate you are somewhat confused between France and Greece and the last little half line is an attack on myself revealing your ignorance of what I wrote and even your own confused reply.

All this from my post which basically answered your query as to why the Swiss embassy would be attacked by Greek terrorists.

Did you choose the name neo96 because you were born in 1996 if so you're pretty bright for a 14 yr old but not quite up to this and I'd hate to be arguing with a kid, if so sorry.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   

domestic terrorism targets domestic resources not foreign to say otherwise is nonsense such as local government not foreign.

the swiss and russian embassies are clearly foreign and their attacks serve no purpose to the greeks its just that simple and to twist it anyone other way is meaningless.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
What about the one in PM Merkel's office in Germany??????

A trifle more serious, "ya think"???

www.dw-world.de...

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
The one I find most confusing is the Mexican embassy. Why Mexico?

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

Yeah really, like they don't have enough on their plate already....

I hear ya....

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Well China is pushing for a stronger Euro, and in that area they have been talking to Greece to buy up their debt. Germany went on record saying the bailouts for other countries are done. Ireland is having issues with their economy. If Greece cannot get their act together in the next 3 years will supposedly lead to their collapse.

There is a push to change over from the dollar to the Euro for oil and other large scale trading items.

France has been targeted because of their ban on Islamic garb, as well as their participation in the war on terror, support of US policy (not sure where its at now since I have only seen 1 incident where Obama has spoken with Sarkozy).

The game is afoot.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
The one I find most confusing is the Mexican embassy. Why Mexico?

Maybe they don't like Mexican food

To be serious now,our local "terrorists" are actually 20 year old kids that think being a terrorist or an anarchist makes you cool.I'm not joking at least 90% of the kids involved in such actions are doing it for the trend.There is definetely someone that recruits them and guide them.I believe that the targets were random and they only wanted the public attention away from something else.
There is elections this Sunday,there are many problems here so what a better way to keep the people frightened.TERRORISTS!!!It worked for the Americans,why not here.

I have noticed that "terrorist" attacks seem to happen before major political events.

BTW another package was sent to Italy to Berlusconi.It was stopped in the Bologna airport.2 more packages found last night in the Athens airport.For a few days there won't be a delivery of packages outside the borders.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join