It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks to release secret Russia, China logs - paper

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   

WikiLeaks to release secret Russia, China logs - paper

en.rian.ru

Whistleblower website WikiLeaks, which has published hundreds of U.S. war logs, is preparing to release secret files from Russia and China, a Russian newspaper said on Tuesday.

"Russians are going to find out a lot of interesting facts about their country," WikiLeaks spokesman Kristinn Hrafnsson told Kommersant.

The main goal of the project was the "despotic regimes in China, Russia and Central Eurasia," WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange wrote to potential investors when he launched the website in 2006.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Good that Wikileaks releases leaks on Russia and China to prove its impartiality. It gives more credibility to M. Assange.
It can be very dangerous too, when the US fights with smear campaigns who knows what the Chinese or Russians would do to him in case they don't like what he has to reveal?
Even more at risk since his 'disappearance' won't be automatically linked to the CIA.

I really wish he remains safe and carries this important work.

en.rian.ru

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   
I can only imagine what wikileaks has come across and what the information release could do.

Wikileaks= The Start of WW3?

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Elsek
I can only imagine what wikileaks has come across and what the information release could do.

Wikileaks= The Start of WW3?

I read in the news Wikileaks may be the first public target of a US cyber attack. Perhaps they are waiting for the Chinese info to come out first, just so they get the embarrassment too

Lets hope WW3 doesnt start soon, although it may only be cyber, it would probably turn nuclear soon enough.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOracle

"Russians are going to find out a lot of interesting facts about their country," WikiLeaks spokesman Kristinn Hrafnsson told Kommersant.

The main goal of the project was the "despotic regimes in China, Russia and Central Eurasia," WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange wrote to potential investors when he launched the website in 2006.

Thanks for the reminder, I guess he had an eye on the likely political views of wealthy potential investors when he wrote that, but let's face facts both the Russians and Chinese have many Skeletons in their respective closets, judging by the smell some are still rotting corpses.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Mess with the Russian or the Chinese and Mr Julian Assange is going to have a accident.

Wonder how they will do it.

Dioxin
en.wikipedia.org...

Poison
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Or maybe some one will just shoot him.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   
He may be getting in over his head. I'm all for transparency, but I'm pretty sure that Russia and China would have no qualms in terminating a threat to their national security.

Maybe that's how it starts...Assange releases files, Russia and China murder him, US and Western World step in as morality police and threaten war, with both sides battling over the middle east and their oil reserves.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   
come on, WW3 ... lol, some people here are in a fantasy world, there is no WW3, nobody is stupid to fight with nuclear weapons

the only wars we will see are these massacres where one army goes against civilians ....

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Faiol
come on, WW3 ... lol, some people here are in a fantasy world, there is no WW3, nobody is stupid to fight with nuclear weapons

I agree with you Faiol its talk like that that spreads even more rumors.
I'm betting nothing will come of it that we will get to hear about anyhow.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Faiol

i agree. WW3

No one knows when it will start. Or does someone?

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by iamaperson

you missed the latest release

it starts next Monday, because nobody likes Mondays..
edit on 2-11-2010 by Eavel because: spelling

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I like wiki-leaks more and more each day.

Assange isn't just singling out the USA, but China and Russia now. this just got a bit more interesting.

I wonder what these docs contain.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
The funny thing is, the people of Russia and China won't even hear about it.

The top channel in Russia, Первый Канал 1st Channel. Is so manipulated in crazy manner. To make it seem like the best news channel, that it shows all the truths. It shows all of the worlds problems and most of Russia's also. Russian corruption, faults in the government. They make it seem like its the most non-biased news channel. When in fact, they would never talk about Russia's war crimes.

Once Wikileaks releases documents on Russia. I doubt it will make a difference. I hope I am wrong though.

new topics

top topics

join